The metal thread

Darkarbiter

I couldn't find the lyrics for the third track of Litourgiya, but this one seems it's on Russian, even the band is from Poland (not sure about grammar and prounnaciation since my Russian is horrible).

YA Gospod' Bog vash,
moya zhe derzhava neskazanna
i slava nepostizhima
Moya zhe milost' bezmerna
i chelovekolyubiye neizrechenno
YA Sam, Vladyka,
po blagoutrobiyu Svoyemu prizri na moy svet

Skrim..

YA Vladyko blagoslovi svyatyy vskhod
Blagosloven vskhod svyatykh Moikh vsegda: nyne, i prisno, i vo veki vekov.

Skrim.

Blagosloven vskhod svyatykh Moikh
vsegda: nyne, i prisno, i vo veki vekov.
AMIN'!

I vo spaseniye roda
chelovecheskogo blagoslovi
tainstvami svoy ad
nyne i prisno, i vo veki vekov.

AMIN'!
Blagosloven vskhod svyatykh Moikh vsegda: nyne, i prisno, i vo veki vekov.
AMIN'!

Amin'!
Ostal'noye kak-to ne osobo rasslyshal
YA spasen'ye daruyu... Chelovecheskogo
Tainstvami ?svoy ad?
imya moye
I nyne i prisno, i vo veki vekov.
Amin'.

• Like 1

Awesome band. I am far more picky when it comes to doom/funeral/black than goa trance: there are only like 5-6 bands I truly appreciate and it is very hard to grow that number to 10: now this Batushka goes 4rd: it is a gift given if something like this happens :) I, btw, found a neat Polish merchandise store for their T-shirts, cheap even: me happy :)

And this is the top 6:

Burzum, black metal

Thergothon, funeral doom

Evoken, funeral doom/doom

Batushka black/doom

Circle of Dead Children, a bit different genre; a deathgrind band introduced to me by jbc-Arkadii

Swallow the Sun, doom (unfortunately their earlier production only)

New Testament album should be released at the end of the next month. I'm very excited because first track from the album sounds really great! Even they're already 33 years on the scene, they still sound powerful and they're able to deliver proper thrash metal sound!

New Testament album should be released at the end of the next month. I'm very excited because first track from the album sounds really great! Even they're already 33 years on the scene, they still sound powerful and they're able to deliver proper thrash metal sound!

It was planned for them to play in Athens on the 23rd of August it but was cancelled along with a couple of concerts in Turkey (for terrorism/political reason there) so I'll get to hear the new album live in November when they'll visit us again.

Testament is one of the VERY VERY few old thrash bands that are still making quality music. IMHO the most impressive Thrash metal band ATM is Vektor.... Honestly, it's groundbreaking stuff.

• Like 1

Vektors sounds great indeed. I never heard of it before and I like how they blended some progressive and sci-fi elements with good old thrash metal sound, very organic production as well! Thanks for sharing it trunksan!

Speaking about new(er) thrash metal, recently I'm very much into Havok. Gotta love that oldschool sound and art!

Lovely 'Time Is Up', highly recommended!

Wow, I would love to see Oranssi Pazuzu and Yob live, both bands are amazing, especially Yob's Atma album.

Just attaching this pic of a friend of mine (also the Fest organiser) to see how much she loves YOB

unspecified.jpg

Vektors sounds great indeed. I never heard of it before and I like how they blended some progressive and sci-fi elements with good old thrash metal sound, very organic production as well! Thanks for sharing it trunksan!

Yes, they "sound" very open minded, blending hardcore, prog, back vocals and many other things in their music.

EDIT: I don't like most of thrash (like Havok, that you posted) so this shows how much appreciation I have for Vektor. When I discovered them it reminded me of when I discovered Tool as a teenager and would listen to them all day.

• Like 1

EDIT: I don't like most of thrash (like Havok, that you posted) so this shows how much appreciation I have for Vektor. When I discovered them it reminded me of when I discovered Tool as a teenager and would listen to them all day.

Hi trunksan.

So we suppose you don't like Municipal Waste , Gamma Bomb and such? :\

@Richpa

Check out Brazilian bands , they make awesome Thrash Metal :)

There are several , Korzus was good , Violator is alright just... and we have Gama Bomb from Northern Ireland where we're at. :) but we've kinda dropped the taste for this stuff lol :P

Somehow this always bring memories of our teenage years when hormones are all over the place lololool...

Batallion was ok had a few slow and heavy more mature thrash in a way :) depends on the mood but we had our years with this stuff lol :)

Maybe you will like this Richpa ... Doom Metal lol :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVUxSL0VTo

Hi trunksan.

So we suppose you don't like Municipal Waste , Gamma Bomb and such? :\

Maybe you will like this Richpa ... Doom Metal lol :P

Hadn't heard neither bands, but they are not bad.. but they are more on the hardcore/punk side, which I enjoy!

Edit: Municipal waste specially, is quite good!

• Like 1

Hadn't heard neither bands, but they are not bad.. but they are more on the hardcore/punk side, which I enjoy!

Edit: Municipal waste specially, is quite good!

Oh nice! Glad you enjoyed Municipal Waste . :)

Filipe : 'I used to listen to them back in days , manowar n stuff you know... as for municipal waste they were pretty good mad thrash lol and Korzus was damn good too lol . specially mass illusion he says' :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm anxiously awaiting for the new Testament album. They've already released a Same-titled EP (Brotherhood of the Snake) and it's a great track, it has a lot of Hardcore elements which I really like. Testament is one of the few old Thrashers that still make good music.

And we are also lucky in Athens that we will be of the first people to listen to the new tracks on Nov 28 (Will definitely be there). I have a veeeeeeeeeeery buys concert schedule on November. October seems like the Goa months this year and November the Metal month.

In order of attendance:

October

-Alwoods (last week)
-Desertest Athens (Saddhus, weownthesky, Truckfighters, 1000mods, Redfang + more)
-Private party at the mountains (mostly goa)
-Old-School Goa Athens DJs

-Alien Project and Sandman

Novermber:

Oranzi Pazzuzu + Hevessel

Cavalera brothers (Max and Igor play Roots)
High on Fire

Testament

+more that I'm not certain If I'll attend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Richpa

Death metal is really not my thing but it's great that you post bands you like!

I've been impressed with these kids (they are quite young) from Athens. They have only one album, I've heard them twice live and even the 2nd time with a horrible sound system I really enjoyed them. I also noticed that girls really liked their music (don't know what this says about my sexuality :blush: :blush: ) so it could be a nice starting topic with any woman that enjoys some rock or metal. They play instrumental prog post-rock/metal

WEOWNTHESKY

• Like 1

Sounds really great! :) Thank you :)

I wasn't happy when James had his alcohol abuse extravaganza on St.Anger. Death Magnetic was oldschoolish but really horribly produced and mastered, even it had some ideas. Two new tracks came out and I was still affraid, but few days ago, third treack appeared - Atlas, Rise! Yes ladies and gents, Metallica is back!

Sounds really great! :) Thank you :)

I wasn't happy when James had his alcohol abuse extravaganza on St.Anger. Death Magnetic was oldschoolish but really horribly produced and mastered, even it had some ideas. Two new tracks came out and I was still affraid, but few days ago, third treack appeared - Atlas, Rise! Yes ladies and gents, Metallica is back!

It's definitely early 90s style Metallica but it just doesn't do it for me. It's like they've taken bit and pieces from other songs and stitched them together, I found it quite pointless, soulless and even a bit off-beat, maybe I need to hear it at a better sound system (played it at work) but for now it's just bleeeeeeeeeh.

On the other hand the new Testament album is A BEAST! I can't wait for their concert on the 28th!!!