In Bruges

Mutilated_Core

Anybody seen it?

Ive seen it couple of days ago and I have to say its an awesome movie. I laughed my ass off.

What ist it about?

2 killers making "holidays" in Bruges, shortly after one of them has killed a kid. One of them enjoys the city while the other one (Colin Farrell) is hooking up with an "actress" that sells drugs and is robbing tourists out.

"You`re bunch of Elephants." XDDD

meh it was really average IMO... you can clearly see that the director/scriptwriter flew to Belgium on a low-cost flight and visited Bruges over the week-end (like many brits do) and thought "hey, let's make a movie out of this!". Sadly, they lacked inspiration to make something really good. It basically feels like "Lost in Translation meets Pulp Fiction"... 5/10 from me

I quite liked pointless criminal style, presenting crime through different perspective, banal and funny, with the pinch of quirkiness.

All three leading actors did terrific job. Direction is also not standard. 75 %

I quite liked pointless criminal style, presenting crime through different perspective, banal and funny, with the pinch of quirkiness.

All three leading actors did terrific job. Direction is also not standard. 75 %

I don't really see how killing an innocent child in church is supposed to be banal and funny? :blink:

I don't really see how killing an innocent child in church is supposed to be banal and funny? :blink:

Cause whole mafia crap is exactly that - BANAL and in this film that banality is presented funny and quirky, not so damn serious as other mobster films are trying to achieve. Are we a little bit conservative Lemmi ? This film is for laughs, not all mafia films should be violence driven eye candies.

I thought it was rather surrealist, like the last scene in the play with weird costumes, the old building, the mist etc...the whole feel of the move basically.

Cause whole mafia crap is exactly that - BANAL and in this film that banality is presented funny and quirky, not so damn serious as other mobster films are trying to achieve. Are we a little bit conservative Lemmi ? This film is for laughs, not all mafia films should be violence driven eye candies.

well you'd have to be blind not to notice that this movie was borrowing heavily on a shitload of Tarantino-style British clones like Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and The 51st State... And since when is not laughing when you see a kid get shot called being conservative? There's also such a thing as bad humour. But anyway, to each their own I guess :)

well you'd have to be blind not to notice that this movie was borrowing heavily on a shitload of Tarantino-style British clones like Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and The 51st State... And since when is not laughing when you see a kid get shot called being conservative? There's also such a thing as bad humour. But anyway, to each their own I guess :)

Yes, I could recgonise those patterns but the execution of those references were subtle and that violence had nothing to do with Tarantino or Richie.

That kid shot in the church was just collateral damage as it was presented in all that madness, it wasn't so graphic and violent at all, so I didn't find it too heavy. :D

Yes, I could recgonise those patterns but the execution of those references were subtle and that violence had nothing to do with Tarantino or Richie.

That kid shot in the church was just collateral damage as it was presented in all that madness, it wasn't so graphic and violent at all, so I didn't find it too heavy. :D

ah well I guess we should just agree to disagree ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I LOL-ed a few times while watching it.

An entertaining and captivating take on the downside of criminal life.

Full of awkward and atypical situations, colorful characters, great punchlines, dialogoues which made me chuckle, etc. Although nothing is executed to perfection here, Martin McDonaugh pulls a lot out of his crew and delivers a movie definitely worth watching. Not to be taken too seriously, don't expect a life altering visual experience.

Hope for a qualifty gangster flick with a moderate dose of tragic british humor and apprently simple events quickly turning into situations with an inevitable & unofrseen outcome. Then it delivers :)