Astral Projection - Open Society

I don't know whether to be excited or confused, so far the latter. Wasn't this album finished years ago, or didn't AP have an album titled Open Society back around 2004-2006? I remember hearing about a new Full On album by AP after AMEN; I even posted a thread years back here (and e-mailed them on their site) but no news returned.

Does anyone know if this album has been collecting dust for several years or if this is different from the Open Society album talked about back here on these boards back around 2005?

i dont know if the new release date is something we can trust...

last year i visited their website and there was a clock counting down till the release date, and at that time it was only 23 days till date...

never came out, dont know why... same happening with other artists from israel (promotional teasing? maybe... but still not fair to the fans!)

im a huge fan from Astral Projection, i belive they can bring fresh air into psychedelic trance... their new album can be a litle like the last

Cosmosis album, and proff that you can produce and high psychedelic music with goa trance influence,

using new technics, geting closer the sound quality to professional levels, as you see in some full on or progressive albuns...

Goa trance needs higher quality production if it wants to became neo... its ridiculous when labels release stuff today calling "neo goa"

with things that sound like they were produced 10 years ago... it is great music, no doubt about (i love old goa) but still not Neo Goa trance

i belive that Astral more than anyone can bringh Neo Goa Trance into the scene... people need something new, something to dance and if you can

twist that dancefull ritms with the magic of Classic Goa trance... you are creating a Bomb

Guest D N H

sooner or later a new album will come

but i don't believe their intention is to produce an album in the spirit of their gold ones.

ap is a wide known group anymore and it rather belongs to the general electronic dance music

and i think this is what they are behind, a more club oriented sound, a more friendly sound open to the common listener, a mixture of melodic trance/progressive with some hints of goa and full on elements, and maybe some housy feelings?.

either we want it or not, goa/psytrance is a more close, maybe difficult or boring, music.

and for sure it needs inspiration that effectually doesn't miss in this renaisance of goa spirit.

It's too early to judge then. We'll know soon enough, though I said this before hearing the third Pleiadian album and what a bomb (POS, disappointment) that was. Regardless, AP will always have a place in my heart. I absolutely love their first several albums all the way up and through Another World, but that's where it ends for me. These guys could produce something infectious and refreshing if they want to; then they'd do it.

i woudn't hold my breath on any release date they give out. i've stopped waiting for this album as its just become a massive disappointment because they keep pushing it back... year after year after year. i would imagine the music on the CD is from 2005ish. sure quality is all that matters but its become a joke when i think about the album because it just has been so delayed beyond imagination

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't get excited, their latest inputs have been really almost like just any other melodic full-on out there, that or shallow side of AP (Humans Will Play For Robots..).

Although I must say, 'one' is a track I enjoyed.

New release date : 09.09.09 :-)

So finally, after numerous delays and several years, it's out? I can't find it anywhere to sample. ? :huh: