Damn, This is the year of Goa!

I just saw this at Saiko:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7952

So much delicious goa to digest! I am loving it! :posford:

Just to keep score:

Merr0w, Filteria, Afgin, VA- Suncokreti, VA- Organic Vision Vol. 1, VA- Ya Wichna, VA- Pure Planet Vol. 3, VA- The Sitting Goddess, VA- People Walk Funny.

So we are waiting on...Radical Distortion, E-Mantra, Artha (What's going on?) Ypsilon5, and Aerosis( what's going on here as well?)

So happy!

Mdk

Yes great year so far but i guess this will not go on this way. Sales are not so good so i think most or even all new labels that showed up this year will give up again because of making losses with releasing...

Btw next Phototropic release will be again a compilation, va artificial sun, and second amithaba and second pandemonium album are also waiting for release.

Just to keep score:

Merr0w, Filteria, Afgin, VA- Suncokreti, VA- Organic Vision Vol. 1, VA- Ya Wichna, VA- Pure Planet Vol. 3, VA- The Sitting Goddess, VA- People Walk Funny.

So we are waiting on...Radical Distortion, E-Mantra, Artha (What's going on?) Ypsilon5, and Aerosis( what's going on here as well?)

So happy!

Mdk

Yes great year so far but i guess this will not go on this way. Sales are not so good so i think most or even all new labels that showed up this year will give up again because of making losses with releasing...

well i think this is partially true... the regular labels will fall and new labels will rise

long live goatrance ;)

Btw next Phototropic release will be again a compilation, va artificial sun, and second amithaba and second pandemonium album are also waiting for release.

Release dates? I absolutely loved Goa Gate so a 2nd Amithaba album is delectable. :posford:

Mdk

Unfortunately i have to agree with you , the economical context isn't marvellous & so many goa release coming out so close from to the others, this niche market seems to be really saturated currently according to its potential capacity.

Or at least i wish for them all it's the sign of a goa period rebirth, let's see, future will tell us... <_<

I would prefer all the goa albums to have the cliche colors and Buddhas on them. I realize it is played out, but it would make them easy to recognize. I can remember looking at the Transwave Covers with awe.

I love the direction Suntrip is taking their covers. Great art.

Mdk

Artha (What's going on?)

Artha album will be hopefully released before this year is over.

Michal is working on it, and I can promise you it's going to be amazing :)

Before the album, we will release a free-to-download ep with 4 tracks (Anakoluth style) to make you drool a bit before the real album is out.

I can speak for myself (and Cronomi actually) that this is a big issue. After all, everything has to be paid for. This is coming from my own hard-worked-for money (physical work at summer 40c in the dead sea) because the label is making zero profit. I didn't even pay all of the artists unfortunately, although I hope to sort this out soon. The good thing is that People Walk Funny sold in the first 2 months since the release the same amount of all-time sales of Freshly Cut Tomato. It's still not a lot though. Maybe some more reviews for this compilation could help, since it's impact on the internet is almost non-existing (and that's not something I can control myself - it's the fans).

I really hope that with the Artha release I will finally start earning some money from this little adventure I took upon myself, because I really need the money for life instead of paying for mastering and stuff. As a side note - if you still didn't buy any Cronomi releases - now is a good time :) . It will really help getting both Artha and PortaMento releases out to the world.

Another thing - personally in the last year I have been so out of the scene, having started my university studies so I can barely keep myself updated on what's happening. I'll check out some of the names here and get it from Beatspace, to have something to listen to while working out those equations.

Just to keep score:

So happy!

Mdk

I can't wait to get the new Afgin!! Good vibes! :posford:

I have to agree with Mike there , there are lots of releases but not so many sales , but still , old skool is getting more attention which is very good , i remember when i started to make old skool , there wasn't almost anybody doing it or even listening to.

i'm really glad things got this far , the fruit of my work and all the other artists is starting to come up :)

but dont forget : things may not be as before , they will sure be different but it can be better!

/Filipe

Iam really happy about the many releases, because I love Goa ;) .... but I dont know... If i listen to Ya Wichna or Pure Planet 3, I get a little bit tired of this sound. Ok, the tracks are good, they work better on the dancefloor than every fullon-sound, but for homelisting its not so good. The most Tracks of this compilations lacks on freshness and innovation. :(

Maybe Iam tired of trance, i listen to much in the last months. ;)

Artha album will be hopefully released before this year is over.

Michal is working on it, and I can promise you it's going to be amazing :)

Before the album, we will release a free-to-download ep with 4 tracks (Anakoluth style) to make you drool a bit before the real album is out.

I can speak for myself (and Cronomi actually) that this is a big issue. After all, everything has to be paid for. This is coming from my own hard-worked-for money (physical work at summer 40c in the dead sea) because the label is making zero profit. I didn't even pay all of the artists unfortunately, although I hope to sort this out soon. The good thing is that People Walk Funny sold in the first 2 months since the release the same amount of all-time sales of Freshly Cut Tomato. It's still not a lot though. Maybe some more reviews for this compilation could help, since it's impact on the internet is almost non-existing (and that's not something I can control myself - it's the fans).

I really hope that with the Artha release I will finally start earning some money from this little adventure I took upon myself, because I really need the money for life instead of paying for mastering and stuff. As a side note - if you still didn't buy any Cronomi releases - now is a good time :) . It will really help getting both Artha and PortaMento releases out to the world.

Another thing - personally in the last year I have been so out of the scene, having started my university studies so I can barely keep myself updated on what's happening. I'll check out some of the names here and get it from Beatspace, to have something to listen to while working out those equations.

That's a crucial point.

Since 3 years, the number of releases haven't decrease, there's new labels created appearing from numerous & various geographic places.

In the same time, sales didn't raised.

Worse, some years ago most of interesting productions & even the other ones were reviewed more or less quickly.

Today even some established labels, have difficulties to get feedbacks on the trance boards & get some kind of coverage for their work which are always interesting & constructive, in order to see the eventual gap between what the label & artist(s) think have done & how people perceived it.

When you check the "request a review " thread here or on Isratrance , you've got the same idea that people are demanding, & most of time they don't get results...