short feature on Pete Namlook

Bahamut

So would I. :)

I think some of us dream of having their own retreat like that... a studio stacked with synths and equipment, in a nice setting and with plenty of time to spend in complete solitude, just making sounds and music. How cool is that. :D

This reminds me of Steve Roach, who has his studio somewhere in the Arizona desert, so he is close to nature and can draw inspiration from it.

These guys practically live for (and off) ambient(ish) music. They are living their dream.

Pete Namlook makes the kind of music they called trance in the 1990s and I still consider trance ('cus I'm oldskool).

Brian Eno's definition of ambient is mine too. It's a subtle difference, but

is journey music.

This is big for me because I don't like most ambient, but I like journey music.

He makes so much different music it can't be classified under one or two genres. There's something for everyone.

Some of his stuff is indeed not much more than wallpaper ambient, while other music is (much) more melodic and/or rhythmic. It also depends who he collaborates with. He can play a nice jazz guitar too. Surely one of the most versatile and diverse artists in electronic music.

Speaking of the journey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSxX4xxBclM :clapping: