Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland

MattMan

Also a Shpongle album without a "sort of general mish-mash" can't be a Shpongle album :D I'm agree with you man.

I know what you mean, but I think this one is definitely got an extra dose of mashing everything together. Or at least, that's what I think it'll sound like based on the samples they've tossed to us.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shpongle dj set 18th December delhi!!!!

sorry if this is offtopic but just wanted to shout out my excitement. hope he starts with shpongle, plays some younger brother towards the middle and ends with hallucinogen. that will be the ultimate thing :P

btw whens the album releasing?

i am listening this album all day...its beatifull, i like it alot.

favourite: i am you :)

there is nothing cheese about this album...its simply music in many ways, very complex, many styles...

i am defently gonna buy it

Don't expect tribal or spiritual kind of music like on the first 2 albums, or production geniusness like on the third... its quite unique music in various styles, not to mention transition from a 2 man project to a full membered band and that is why most of the album sounds like the band is performing.

favorite: i am you :) (for now i guess)

this is not kind of album that you get on the first time you listen to it, but i think through a few months we will still be talking about ineffable mysteries ;)

Shpongle is following in the foot steps of Infected Mushroom?

Maybe Raja Ram will soon start singing like Duvdev?

Lame cover art and lame vocals, all the music sucked too.

Zymosis is really great music. I saw on a review someone compared it with Shpongle... what a disgrace! The Zymosis album is far superior to this in every aspect. There is no creativity, depth or artistry appearing here at all. Boring to listen to the whole 2 minute samples.

There is no way in Hades that Shpongle is pulling an IM. Get that filthy talk out of your mouth right now.

But seriously. Have you even listened to the whole album or are you just basing your opinions on just the samples/speculation?

Zymosis is good music also, but to say that Shpongle is turning into IM is a slap in the face as far as I'm concerned. (Wish I saw this post earlier.)

I just preordered this..under $15 shipped to the States! And it's supposed to ship 11/2 which I think is quite a bit in advance of the US release date. Please note that I could be totally wrong on both of these figures:)

I have listened to the (whole) album a couple of times now. Its nice overall and has some excellent moments, the singing has some enjoyable jazzy qualities. However, I feel its all too laid out, there aren't that many complex sound structures, interesting moods and melodies, this objection could be summarized as lack of depth, at least compared to a lot oftheir previous stuff.

thanks for the youtube post.

this song doesn't sound very good compared to the last Shpongle album :(

Sounds more like Celtic Cross.

i say Simon sir should have focused on releasing hallucinogen 3 rather than Shpongle 4.

But I am sure the whole album will be better than anything out there today.

This album is great, splendid top notch. Really it's so much easier to enjoy and perceive yet it still complains a ton of psychedelica and complexity. I feel a review is maybe coming up in the near future....

Well the samples sounds pretty good! Good enough for me to placed my pre-order anyway :P

So u got a promo melancholyman <_< feeling a tiny bit jealous!

I have a self obtained promo :P

But I would consider after first listen a little bit incoherent, some parts are great! And overall I don't it exceeds any of the previous albums.

I have a self obtained promo :P

But I would consider after first listen a little bit incoherent, some parts are great! And overall I don't it exceeds any of the previous albums.

Perhaps. But if it's anything like the third album (which to some degree it is), it'll take a little while for it all to sink in (or notice everything). Maybe people will love it, maybe they won't. *shrug*

I'm going to like it as much as I've heard so far.

Pretty damn gay album, not as gay as Nothing Lasts... or the last Younger Brother, but pretty gay still.

"Gay" is a damn good description, should have come to mind earlier. Most songs are about half as gay as Shulman - Invention, which says a whole lot.

Seeing Simon crying about people leaking the album and not buying it on the Twisted forums made me think it is even more gay.

I'm really reluctant to even get into this discussion. You can check my discogs link, ALL these albums I own the material copy of. I buy ALL albums I feel worth buying. I don't see any moral issue here. And instead of just giving criticism totally unfounded by any argument, please just shut you're mouth! I know this wasn't a personal assault, but the fact of you're criticism still remains.

It was just my opinion and you taking it that seriously, well...

No an opinion needs to be based on facts. If you feel an emotion "gay" about the album, it really is an underlying fact that you do not like it, or it's that you can put this emotion in words in an elaborate way. Most people tend not to research what this fact is, instead just out of pure laziness calling it "gay". Go the easy way, but I don't think anyone here wants to read such "opinions". They are utterly useless and annoying.

No an opinion needs to be based on facts. If you feel an emotion "gay" about the album, it really is an underlying fact that you do not like it, or it's that you can put this emotion in words in an elaborate way. Most people tend not to research what this fact is, instead just out of pure laziness calling it "gay". Go the easy way, but I don't think anyone here wants to read such "opinions". They are utterly useless and annoying.

No, it's actually quite a useful quick description.

Most people have an idea what "gay" music sounds like, and will most likely avoid it.

Of course it's to be taken with a grain of salt, as is every personal opinion (other than your own ;) )

No, it's actually quite a useful quick description.

Most people have an idea what "gay" music sounds like, and will most likely avoid it.

Of course it's to be taken with a grain of salt, as is every personal opinion (other than your own ;) )

Sure, but at least the word "gay" is very implicit. It's interesting to know what in the music is bad. In what regard it is "gay". It's just, it doesn't give any room for argumentation. Then we should make a stipulative definition of what "gay" is, which only goes for all psynewers, then you could instantly argue against or for the opinion "gay" :)

edit: I meant stipulative description ofc