Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland

MattMan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this will be the cover I'll buy it digital only.

Has to be the weakest Twisted cover ever

Yeah, I don't like this cover at all

Not keen on that cover at all :(

Since when a random pic and a cropped fake flying baba became badass?? :huh:

I got tired of quoting after that. Just for the ones that didn't know, Storm Thorgerson, the dude that shot the album cover... has also done a few things in the past....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a few things... i don't know if it's the worst album cover thus far, but I will bet money it was the most expensive one so far for the twisted crew.

just fyi...

edit: no wait, i think he also shot the last younger brother's album cover... never-mind... then...

I got tired of quoting after that. Just for the ones that didn't know, Storm Thorgerson, the dude that shot the album cover... has also done a few things in the past....

Posted Image

a few things... i don't know if it's the worst album cover thus far, but I will bet money it was the most expensive one so far for the twisted crew.

just fyi...

edit: no wait, i think he also shot the last younger brother's album cover... never-mind... then...

Well you can vaguely see the two guys from the last yb cover in this picture in the third window!

Nah, that's the two guys from Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. See for yourself:

Posted Image

And also, I know I may have been guilty of doing the same in the past, but by God... two pages of people discussing gayness in music. I'm sure happy I'm not homosexual, because gay only seems to implicate bad things. How very unnice and unemancipated.

I recently asked my roommate about whether he felt offended when people use gay to denominate things they don't like, even when they don't want to say anything bad about gay people... and of course his answer was yes. So screw it.

This subject has been discussed before, but I still feel it should be addressed again. Bah.

As for the cover: I LOVE Storm Thorgerson's work, but this one (and actually the last Younger Brother one too) didn't really tickle my artsy fartsy nerves.

Music-wise: sounds good, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Am not expecting much, tbh.

I like what I've heard so far. I think I'll enjoy this one more than the last Shpongle album. Seems to be nothing ground-breaking but certainly enjoyable for my tastes. Looking forward to it arriving at my door and hearing the whole thing!

As for the cover, I neither like nor dislike it. It's not particularly original or imaginative IMO. There are thousands of locations and yogis that look like that in India. However, if the yogi is actually levitating then I'll happily eat these words and sing some praise. ;) Some of the same photographic artists other work is great!

Seeing Simon crying about people leaking the album and not buying it on the Twisted forums made me think it is even more gay.

You are an idiot. Twisted is in a deep financial trouble. Would you be angry if you just finished an album that you've been working for 3 YEARS, and you are almost at bankruptcy.... and some fuck head took your un-released album and put up some shitty ass MP3 on the net for free download.

Not only that the people find a nerve to go back to fucking twisted website and review the album ALREADY, but also bith about the sound distortions FROM the MP3's as well!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I saw that begging for money on the Twisted forums too and found it disgusting.

Twisted is one of the biggest psy labels, if they can't keep themselves from going bankrupt gracefully then they deserve to go bankrupt for being incompetent. You don't see other labels crying like that in public to rally extra funds.

It's even more disgusting to see it posted in support on 20 other websites, facebook, etc; It's disgusting that it actually works. In my view this just goes to show what kind of people are shpongle fans these days. Certainly not I. I'm glad nobody posted about rallying support on psynews yet.

Yea like, what is left after Twisted Records folds down? Ah yes, shitty Dark Psy labels that release noisy mess, Iboga and co' that went totally different non-psychedelic route long time ago and "new school" goa labels that recycle ideas from yesteryear. Great idea, maybe you deserve a Nobel prize for your wisdom.

Anyway, I have the album as well, it ain't the best work of Simon but it's damn good and my original copy + the DVD + the second Younger Brother are on the way from Twisted.

You are an idiot. Twisted is in a deep financial trouble. Would you be angry if you just finished an album that you've been working for 3 YEARS, and you are almost at bankruptcy.... and some fuck head took your un-released album and put up some shitty ass MP3 on the net for free download.

Not only that the people find a nerve to go back to fucking twisted website and review the album ALREADY, but also bith about the sound distortions FROM the MP3's as well!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself.

bla blah...

stop bitching about the downloading. You know it will be out there in no time. Crying on a public forum is pretty sad when you have been in the music industry for a long time and you know how it goes...

They have to follow their market and not hang on to old fashioned methods. Not everybody keeps buying 18$ cds... So keep up and try something new.

I showed the budget to a manager who ran island records for 10 years and asked how this is possible, and he replied that we are paying the musicians too much, and spending a lot on production….. which is fine by me - the musicians are all amazing, i am in awe, and i want them to be paid well because they work hard.

So he is complaining about the bankaccount of twisted but he is also saying he is happy to spend "too" much on lights and artists.. uh.... ??? :blink::blink:

anyone got a direct link to that Twisted thread?

maybe it isn't graceful to discuss financial woes in that manner...but Twisted shutting down will be terrible for us all

So, on the "internet tough guy" side we have one guy on welfare and a Canadian tosser living in his parents' basement?

And on the Twisted side we have people who repeatedly produce fine music and memorable live shows, regardless of being ripped off by deceitful promoters and Russian freeloaders?

I guess I'll keep supporting the Twisted side.

Complaining even though the new shpongle will most probably sell much better than, for example, suntrips releases, guess it just shows the really no market in the scene, huh.

At least there's still people who make the music for sole love for it.

And complaining about piratism is useless(apart from getting a few heads turning, maybe), you are bound to get hit by it if you release an album. That's just how it is and there's nothing you can do about it(Well except RIAA's moralless efforts. This is what people have accustomed to, yet they keep suing people who can't afford to pay anything.)

Hey it's almost 2010, complaining about piracy is a thing of the past. It happens, and will happen. He's been in the music business for how long? And he sent the album out for reviews before it got officialy released. What for, exactly? To build up unecessary hype? If he really wants to make money he should consider doing some producer work for some big names out there, and by big names I don't mean psytrance. Want to be an artist? Then make art and shut the hell up. Want to be an artist and make a profit? Then rethink your business strategy and find something that sells.

Whining about the risky move he already made doesn't help at all. The whole music industry went down because they didn't give a rats ass about reconsidering the business model when they had profit, and then when they quickly started going into bankrupcy they started whining instead of looking for solutions. 

Bottom line: It's his own fault. And it's up to him to be an artist or an entrepreneur.

Ok maybe I should start being serious, but this is just too much fun :lol:

And why complain about people downloading it now because the people who weren't gonna buy it all still would've downloaded it when it was released. I downloaded Tool's 10k Days when it came available and still bought it. I'll buy this one if it grows on me but now it seems pretty unlikely.

Reading some of the replies here makes me really wanna puke. You guys don't deserve good new music. Go listen to the new crap that Goa Gil feeds you.

Or better yet go listen to that old Pleiadians album for the 90000th time.

It's amazing that ALL those years you all suck Simon's dick and treat him like a God, but when the guy is bitching that all of you Simon believers STEAL his album you laugh and insulting him.

If you can't afford to buy music then get a job or seek for free music.

If you hippies like to 'share' music then share your stuff too. Car, money, gf.

'One way share' is stealing.

Want to be an artist and make a profit? Then rethink your business strategy and find something that sells.

What if you want to be an artist and pay the bills?

Go listen to the new crap that Goa Gil feeds you.

Oh, tish tosh and balderdash. Goa Gil is great.

Like I say before this album is great,really & I 'm pretty sure they will sold a lot of copy.

What did you expect from a Psybient album? The Scope Statement is clear.

Guys be more relax and don't try to read between the lines.

You need to accepts that other people don't praise it. In general they don't like Shpongle.

Props to Simon to be angry against uploads.

But I don't know why people who use P2P are responsible for their hazardous management.

If you like a production ( I don't idolize any artist, they 're human just like us) just buy it.

Because I don't see any difference between use P2P or listening tracks on youtube, lastfm....

Both of them are bad/average quality & with a THX trust me you feel it.

But that's life & life is hard for all of us.... :(

just read on the twisted forums that the album has 600 pre-orders right now (http://www.twistedmusic.com/forums/viewthread/3674/P225/ on page 16). even though i absolutely think that people should buy an album and not download illegally, 600 units of an album that is not even out officially can't be called bad sales. most albums in this genre not even make 500 or 1000 within a year. what did jikkentekki say, he sold 10 or 20 units of his first album?