Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland

MattMan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Am You seems very interesting to me, but hey let's wait to hear the full release before judging i'd say.. I am sure there will be a bit of all the sonorities we loved from all the albums. And let's meet at the party btw :)

the samples sounds freakin nice, the magic from ays is long time gone, but damn, those samples still are intense

I am you is cheesy? i dont hear it that way, it sounds pretty sweet, i cant wait!

INVISIBLE MAN IN A FLUORESCENT SUIT sounds likes a masterpiece, the way the songs come into life is incredible! at least its without any doubt quality again

Invisible man... I've already learned the base part of it, and wow it's just written to perfection. I love the other samples.

2009 looks like the best year for music I can remember. :)

The artwork is kind of a turn off, unfortunately.

The samples sounded good though. I wasn't all that miffed by the vocals on I Am You and No Turn Unstoned.

Shpongle is following in the foot steps of Infected Mushroom?

Maybe Raja Ram will soon start singing like Duvdev?

Lame cover art and lame vocals, all the music sucked too.

Zymosis is really great music. I saw on a review someone compared it with Shpongle... what a disgrace! The Zymosis album is far superior to this in every aspect. There is no creativity, depth or artistry appearing here at all. Boring to listen to the whole 2 minute samples.

Yeah, can't understand all this bitching either...

The samples sound fantastic - a lot closer to their debut and recent Younger Brother, than Shpongle's last two albums. And this is a good thing - I'm a sucker for mixture of electronic wizardry and acoustic instruments, and this one seems to be just that. Add to that Simon's sense of melody, and you have a winner in my book. The cover IMO is also great; I like the idea of meditating-baba bouncing on his ass over the pond behind him - I think it's hilarious and well executed.

I just hope this indeed gets released this year :)

Pardon me but all you negative nancys should WAIT UNTIL THE MOTHERFUCKING ALBUM IS RELEASED!!! Jesus christ. (I won't even listen to the samples)

You should listen to the samples, it might save yourself the disappointment of waiting another month (or year or so) and then wasting money on it. That's what samples are for anyways.

You should listen to the samples, it might save yourself the disappointment of waiting another month (or year or so) and then wasting money on it. That's what samples are for anyways.

Uh you should never tell me what I should do...should, should, should

i haven't listened to the samples (and not going to either) but Simon played 5 tracks from this album (or at least five tracks that i hadn't heard before) at Symbiosis few weeks ago, and two of them were amazing.

the cover art is not good but it's not bad either IMO :unsure:

i haven't listened to the samples (and not going to either) but Simon played 5 tracks from this album (or at least five tracks that i hadn't heard before) at Symbiosis few weeks ago, and two of them were amazing.

the cover art is not good but it's not bad either IMO :unsure:

Well, that's like more than half the album if they were indeed from Ineffable. There's only 8 tracks on this new one.

Well the samples sound very good to me but I got the strange feeling that I'm listening some "younger brother" tracks.

Wait & see, Expect the best, accept the worst B)

Well, the vocals in the I Am You track definitely sound Younger Brother-ish. Or, at least remind me a little bit of YB. Other than that, as much as I can gather, it sounds like Posford and Ram mixed the last three albums all into one album as a sort of general mish-mash of it all. I'm sure that'll turn off some people. But hey, you can't please everyone right?

Well, the vocals in the I Am You track definitely sound Younger Brother-ish

This is the one that I was thinking, but not in the bad way.

"NOTHING IS SOMETHING WORTH DOING.." seems to be the sister of "IN SPACE" from Royksopp.

"WALKING BACKWARDS THROUGH THE..." & "INVISIBLE MAN IN A FLUORESCENT..." sound very promising, really I can't wait to listen them fully.

Also a Shpongle album without a "sort of general mish-mash" can't be a Shpongle album :D I'm agree with you man.