Cast Away

yerg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162222/

A solid film. Hanks gives unforgettable performance. Those about 90 minutes of watching Hanks only and not get bored gives this movie an additional points from my side.

Favourite moments:

- the airplane crash scene - very realistic.

- whale close-ups - very beautiful.

I found some intersting trivia on Wikipedia telling that famous tv-series "Lost" was originally based on this movie.

"Media executive Lloyd Braun of ABC Studios first suggested the idea of a "Cast Away" type series at a dinner party in 2003. Thom Shermann later pitched the idea for Cast Away-The Series but never developed the idea. The basic concept was later developed and pitched with the title Nowhere; which later evolved into the hit ABC show Lost."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cast_away

My favourite survival movie.....well, of course except of Madagascar (kiddin' :P )

10/10

yep I've posted a topic saying that I found it was a good movie a while ago... but recieved quite a lot of negative replies saying that it was hidden publicity for Fed Ex and Wilson sport equipment. IMO that's missing the point completely but anyway...

yep I've posted a topic saying that I found it was a good movie a while ago... but recieved quite a lot of negative replies saying that it was hidden publicity for Fed Ex and Wilson sport equipment. IMO that's missing the point completely but anyway...

FedEx and Wilson were a part of a story. If there were no fedex or wilson there would be others. It's unavoidable here.

Take away that volley-ball and it goes in a totally different way. I think it would be even more pathetic if Hanks talked to a coconut :huh:

For me, it was one of the most boring films I have ever seen plus I can't stand that american sweetheart Tom Hanks, even though he had some good roles... Robert Zemeckis has lost it with this film... and this is all IMHO yerg, so no offense... 3/10

For me, it was one of the most boring films I have ever seen plus I can't stand that american sweetheart Tom Hanks, even though he had some good roles... Robert Zemeckis has lost it with this film... and this is all IMHO yerg, so no offense... 3/10

but the crash scene was awesome, admit it :rolleyes:

its so shitty like movie, come on, hanks is only able to make a connection with the only thing that kept him from remembering the society? what like the baloon was hes saviour, come on, after 20 fuckin years, hes still afraid of his island? its like the opposite of robinson crusoé, and its ridiculous

the society ruin the individu, and this movie is showing that human need society? its a shame, why does he need wilson?

but hanks is amazing in this movie, but there a problem with this movie, because tons of philosopher says that the society corrupt humans, and that we are better off into our natural state(savage) but this movie is showing totally the opposite, and its pathetic, since he never feel safe in his island? anyways thats my humble opinion

there i agree, lol fed-ex doesnt need publicity, since there the only one with the big monopole, so come on, its no publicity, hanks is a good if not an excellent actor, in fact hes an excellent actor

the sweetheart of the americans? euh not as much as like brad pitt and company...

the sweetheart of the americans? euh not as much as like brad pitt and company...

Haven't you seen "Fight Club" or "Snatch"? What kind of sweetheart are you talking about? Brad is a classic actor. Many of his roles are cult so as Hanks'.

FedEx and Wilson were a part of a story. If there were no fedex or wilson there would be others. It's unavoidable here.

Take away that volley-ball and it goes in a totally different way. I think it would be even more pathetic if Hanks talked to a coconut :huh:

Didn't the ball represent hope, and something he's used to, something that reminds him of home? That was what I thought...

But yes, very good movie.... Saying Lost was written on this film is overexatuating a bit maybe, since robinson crusoe wasn't far from this story ;)

Didn't the ball represent hope, and something he's used to, something that reminds him of home? That was what I thought...

But yes, very good movie.... Saying Lost was written on this film is overexatuating a bit maybe, since robinson crusoe wasn't far from this story ;)

Yep, Wilson was the hope - i just wanted to say that using a ball for marketing "Wilson" was less pathetic than talking to a coconut. "Wilson" was the represantative of a sickvilised world we are all so attached to.

Well the info on "Lost" was found by myself for a coincidental purposes of filling the topic with some useless or not so information. (ahhh i'm sick of engrishhhhh :lol::wacko: )

Haven't you seen "Fight Club" or "Snatch"? What kind of sweetheart are you talking about? Brad is a classic actor. Many of his roles are cult so as Hanks'.

Yeah Bratt Pitt is an awesome actor! If you don't like him, you are just jaloux of his looks, and the fact that he could get any girl in the world :P

Like Yerg says: Fightclub, Snatch, Troy, Benjamin Button, Burn after reading, Meet joe black, twelve monkeys, Se7en, Oceans 11-13 (just to mention a few) This guy can play anything, and he do so EXTREMELY WELL!

i totally agree, but its not the role that define if hes a sweetheart or not, its the way americans see those actors, and hanks and pitt is in the same categories

yes but that is pathetic, what? he need a ballon to have fuckin hope? he can not be at least a bit happy in his life, alone, tranquile, being a sauvage, taking care of himself, like real humans. men tons of philosophers such as rousseau did theorys saying that we, as humans in the society are corrupt and that we are better off alone, taking care of ourselve, not thinking about what fuckin paste you gonna put in your hair to make you look good. just the novel robinson crusoé demonstrate that, at the end, robinson is happy to be on his island, but tom hanks, hes freaking out all along, and thats what pathetic!

Yeah Bratt Pitt is an awesome actor! If you don't like him, you are just jaloux of his looks, and the fact that he could get any girl in the world :P

Like Yerg says: Fightclub, Snatch, Troy, Benjamin Button, Burn after reading, Meet joe black, twelve monkeys, Se7en, Oceans 11-13 (just to mention a few) This guy can play anything, and he do so EXTREMELY WELL!

+10 hes a topnotch actors, a grand actor as the range of di caprio and deniro

in fact de niro said that the most impressive actors he'v seen in his life is di caprio!

bradd pitt in every album hes good, excellent

yes but that is pathetic, what? he need a ballon to have fuckin hope? he can not be at least a bit happy in his life, alone, tranquile, being a sauvage, taking care of himself, like real humans. men tons of philosophers such as rousseau did theorys saying that we, as humans in the society are corrupt and that we are better off alone, taking care of ourselve, not thinking about what fuckin paste you gonna put in your hair to make you look good. just the novel robinson crusoé demonstrate that, at the end, robinson is happy to be on his island, but tom hanks, hes freaking out all along, and thats what pathetic!

it's nice in theory, the inner-peace savage, but it's nothing but an escapist fairytale or a misanthropical fantasy. if humans would be better off alone, they would be alone.*

*exceptions excepted ofcourse, like hardcore hermits & stuff, which make up a neglectable fraction of the population.

well what a fucking coincidence again! I'm in terrible pain from my wisdom teeth popping up and i keep on imagining the DIY iceskate-rock-knock move over and over again!

saw this in cinema when it came out, never really got me... it's a very cool story though

paste in the hair, that's what's hilarious!

j'adore ton french-english

trop funny :P

on a tous besoin d'un ballon pour aving le hôpe :P :P :P

it's nice in theory, the inner-peace savage, but it's nothing but an escapist fairytale or a misanthropical fantasy. if humans would be better off alone, they would be alone.*

*exceptions excepted ofcourse, like hardcore hermits & stuff, which make up a neglectable fraction of the population.

you really think that?v we would be alone, if we were better off alone? thats is one simple conclusion