SUNCD16 Radical Distortion - Psychedelic Dreams

Guest antic

Just a slightly offtopic question here.. will it ever be possible to purchase single tracks from Suntrip website?

There are a few of them i would love to have in flac, but i can't afford to spend 10€ just for 1 or 2 tracks.

Yes it's foreseen. Just go to http://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/, add a CD on your basket, and switch to https://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/basket/

In the table, there is a column "Fragment". That's supposed to mention which track you want from the release.

But it's not completely coded yet. The order part is not, whereas the download part is (downloads are treated as separate independant tracks, internally).

Since I'm the only coder, tester, deployer, maintainer, and since I have a family life, I can't dedicate much time on it. New features will come, be sure of it.

I work in the IT industry, so I know how frustrating it might be to wait for a feature for an indefinite time. So if you want a few tracks in flac, we can do that "out of the process". Just send me an email @suntriprecords.com and I can arrange that for you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's foreseen. Just go to http://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/, add a CD on your basket, and switch to https://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/basket/

In the table, there is a column "Fragment". That's supposed to mention which track you want from the release.

But it's not completely coded yet. The order part is not, whereas the download part is (downloads are treated as separate independant tracks, internally).

Since I'm the only coder, tester, deployer, maintainer, and since I have a family life, I can't dedicate much time on it. New features will come, be sure of it.

I work in the IT industry, so I know how frustrating it might be to wait for a feature for an indefinite time. So if you want a few tracks in flac, we can do that "out of the process". Just send me an email @suntriprecords.com and I can arrange that for you.

Oh alright, thats great to hear.

I'll drop you an email later on then mars.

I'm not in a hurry though so if thats too much of a hassle don't worry about it :) I'd just wait until you have time to work on it.

Tracks in this style were already released on Pure Planet vol. 3 but noone seemed interested (also no review yet?). But now that Suntrip releases an album, everyone jumps onto the hype.

To me this looks like it is not about music but only about Suntrip hype.

...good lord then, luckily you wrote such a competent and eloquent review and shed some light on their output!

Thanks for the heads up! It's not so often these days you see people put forth so much effort into coming up with a constructive thought and/or review!

• 3 weeks later...

well is some where tracklist and more info about this album ??

Tracklist:

1 Psychedelic Dreams

2 Spacecraft

3 Amorphia

4 The Dreamer (Orient Mix)

5 Trasparent Joint

6 The Other World

7 Communication (Remix)

8 A New Home

9 Star Dance

10 Dying Earth (100 bpm)

Extracts, guys !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WOW! :o

Tracks in this style were already released on Pure Planet vol. 3 but noone seemed interested (also no review yet?). But now that Suntrip releases an album, everyone jumps onto the hype.

To me this looks like it is not about music but only about Suntrip hype.

[...]

We're happy other labels release Goatrance too. I purchased Pure Planet 3 and several Phototropic releases and find them very good.

An intelligent thing would be to show some unity and not repeat the mistakes from Metapsychic times. That would help stabilizing everyone's reputation.

Some advice to those who choose to do the critical work of labels in the scene.... everyone starts out somewhere, it is the same in the artist world. The only way to be successful is to forget about it and just do it out of love and because it is fun for you, then simply by virtue of time you will be out there. Suntrip has its reputation for a reason, for being fans since the very beginning and for themselves putting 5 years work into it thus far, and probably giving you the idea to try a label as well. At the same time there are people (many) who are extremely happy with the releases. Its great to hear goa other than the suntrip records flavor, by all means keep releasing music :)

Just a slightly offtopic question here.. will it ever be possible to purchase single tracks from Suntrip website?

There are a few of them i would love to have in flac, but i can't afford to spend 10€ just for 1 or 2 tracks.

I really wish this was possible for all music, its the digital age... I guess from a DJ perspective i end up ripping wav and burning onto new CDs anyway, would be great to just get the .wav of the tracks I want for $1 a track instead of 12+ 7for shipping +euro to dollar conversion BS = $24 and 3 weeks before I get a CD ;)

Huge difference between mp3 (even 320 vbr) and wav for a DJ, so these will be sought after, suntrip :) If you play mp3s the hi-end is in low resolution and is very bad for people's ears, you've all heard it, feels like its scratching your brain. wave and lossless quality does not do this and instead just sounds epic.

• 1 month later...

I don't wanna sound like an ass, but that cover, even if I talked badly about Merrows or Filterias, which both grew on me, takes the cake of being just plain bad. It looks way too amateurish - far from the suntrip quality control previously seen. Please say it's a placeholder...

Music on the other hand rocks.

I don't wanna sound like an ass, but that cover, even if I talked badly about Merrows or Filterias, which both grew on me, takes the cake of being just plain bad. It looks way too amateurish - far from the suntrip quality control previously seen. Please say it's a placeholder...

Music on the other hand rocks.

Hi! The cover it's not bad quality,it's just a different artwork from all the other covers from Suntrip! ;)

We love mushrooms and if you are an oldschool listening Goa trancer you must remember in the mid 90s that mushrooms were synonym to the goa trance spirit and culture!

So we just want to bring back these times even with cover artwork not only with the music which btw is oldschool 100% ! :D

Hi! The cover it's not bad quality,it's just a different artwork from all the other covers from Suntrip! ;)

We love mushrooms and if you are an oldschool listening Goa trancer you must remember in the mid 90s that mushrooms were synonym to the goa trance spirit and culture!

So we just want to bring back these times even with cover artwork not only with the music which btw is oldschool 100% ! :D

I get what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing with the point and the idea. It just looks like someone with some knowledge on photoshop made it. The outer glows, the moderate quality cut-out, the fractalish stuff blended in the background. It looks unfinished in my eyes. It's a good idea but a so-so execution.

I would have personally just hired a professional art designer to make something with the same concept, that's all. But then again, who am I to judge, it is and should be always up to the (music) artist to decide on an album cover.

I apologize if I sounded harsh.

Apart from that I'm definitely buying this release though, I have no doubt it will be great.

Hi

The artists themselves made the artwork. We found it matched the music very well :)

Yes it's different from the usual Suntrip things, but when you think about it only our compilations and Afgin have a common artwork style. All other cds artworks are pretty different from each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh right. I was a bit bummed out myself that they pushed it back, just an indication it's possible it's the last release of the year. Not a bad year though, just that 1 more cd could make it a monumental suntrip year.. not that it's not already :P