new hallucinogen in dub!

murphythecat

Musically, I found it really good. It renews the "In Dub" feelings...already 7 years after.

Only disappointment: we're faced with yet another batch of Hallucinogen remixes (of remixes). Yes, it's written in the title "In Dub Live", so it isn't supposed to deliver new tracks, and still, I secretely expected some.

I love LSD, Gamma Goblins, etc, but these tracks are 12 to 14 years old now. These tracks are build wonderfully, they are still entertaining, they will remain amongst the Anthems of the scene, no doubt about that.

New music would be much appreciated too.

Hey Snickers, doesn't the CD have a slot of new tracks? Correct me if I'm wrong.

tracks

Cicada

HiD

Dark Persuasion

Rent Boy

And the other tracks that you can find on the original IN DUB, like LSD, are they very different on this live release from the original?

If I was rich I would buy it.

Musically, I found it really good. It renews the "In Dub" feelings...already 7 years after.

Only disappointment: we're faced with yet another batch of Hallucinogen remixes (of remixes). Yes, it's written in the title "In Dub Live", so it isn't supposed to deliver new tracks, and still, I secretely expected some.

I love LSD, Gamma Goblins, etc, but these tracks are 12 to 14 years old now. These tracks are build wonderfully, they are still entertaining, they will remain amongst the Anthems of the scene, no doubt about that.

New music would be much appreciated too.

you come from bordeau! alors tu dois bien parler le francais!

Hey! We agree on something! Excellent! This is indeed outstanding... different and refreshing; rearranged to be played live by a band of actual human beings. - Imagine that!

There is a thread here on this already:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry932391

Where I wrote:

This is well worth your piddly little $8.99 to download... such a paltry sum when held up against the stunning epic sonic onslaught that is this CD...

It was indeed rearranged for (mostlly) non-synth equipment to actually be PLAYED LIVE by real humans! Perish the thought! Well it works... it really works, brilliantly and it is exhilarating... the thrilled, drugged up huge-crown noises are all there where they ought to be, adding to the exitement.... parts sound like some futuristic crunching Heavy Metal from an alien planet... there are a number of back-and-forth solo tradeoffs between a soaring & uplifting guitar and a drowning & hynotic keyboard that left me shaking my head in amazement of their excellence. And flights of airy and/or frightening fancy inbetween. This record is really something to behold.

(Check out info about "The Orb Festival" where Posford and friends will be doing this plus who knows what else for us in the US... YES!! THE US GETS ITS VERY OWN *LIVE* H-A-L-L-U-C-I-N-O-G-E-N CONCERT! How exciting... I may just have to go all the way up there just for this)

Hey! We agree on something! Excellent! This is indeed outstanding... different and refreshing; rearranged to be played live by a band of actual human beings. - Imagine that!

There is a thread here on this already:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry932391

Where I wrote:

This is well worth your piddly little $8.99 to download... such a paltry sum when held up against the stunning epic sonic onslaught that is this CD...

It was indeed rearranged for (mostlly) non-synth equipment to actually be PLAYED LIVE by real humans! Perish the thought! Well it works... it really works, brilliantly and it is exhilarating... the thrilled, drugged up huge-crown noises are all there where they ought to be, adding to the exitement.... parts sound like some futuristic crunching Heavy Metal from an alien planet... there are a number of back-and-forth solo tradeoffs between a soaring & uplifting guitar and a drowning & hynotic keyboard that left me shaking my head in amazement of their excellence. And flights of airy and/or frightening fancy inbetween. This record is really something to behold.

(Check out info about "The Orb Festival" where Posford and friends will be doing this plus who knows what else for us in the US... YES!! THE US GETS ITS VERY OWN *LIVE* H-A-L-L-U-C-I-N-O-G-E-N CONCERT! How exciting... I may just have to go all the way up there just for this)

is it better the omar?haha anyways, cant wait to get my hand on this, and by the way you describe it, i have huge expectation

is it better the omar?haha anyways, cant wait to get my hand on this, and by the way you describe it, i have huge expectation

Well it is completely different style than faruk-tekbilek so it si impossible to say if "better" (seriously, check out if not complete record at least samples and/or reviews for Alif: Love Supreme, One Truth, Beyond The Sky... he has created alot of ravishingly gorgeous, unusually complex, and and deeply affecting music)

Anyway, judging by what I can tell of your stylistic preferences from your posts, I bet you will like the Live In Dub.

You can download MP3s of the entire album here for $8.99 USD

http://www.twisteddownloads.com/newsdesk_i...p?newsdesk_id=6

Well it is completely different style than faruk-tekbilek so it si impossible to say if "better" (seriously, check out if not complete record at least samples and/or reviews for Alif: Love Supreme, One Truth, Beyond The Sky... he has created alot of ravishingly gorgeous, unusually complex, and and deeply affecting music)

Anyway, judging by what I can tell of your stylistic preferences from your posts, I bet you will like the Live In Dub.

You can download MP3s of the entire album here for $8.99 USD

http://www.twisteddownloads.com/newsdesk_i...p?newsdesk_id=6

what does that mean? cause if i base myself on your stylistic preferences, you will love skazi oh and new infected mushroom release!

what does that mean? cause if i base myself on your stylistic preferences, you will love skazi oh and new infected mushroom release!

Oh for crying out loud, mr cat, you are just like that chap in the Monty Python skit "Hello, I'd like an argument, please..."

Anyway, "Cicada" in particular sounds like a genetic hybrid of PsyTrance and some flavor of Heavy Metal. Extremely cool and and fast and addictive.

Next track Solstice is quite a tour-de-force... changes from reggae-dub... then just a percolating synth, but in comes wierd percussion rifs, then an obsessive bass line begins at about 3:20 drums get heavier and heaver, swirling synth choruses, back in alien heavy metal territory again... then... melodic synth lines and we are in a heretofore never heard hybrid of reggae dub + heavy metal + PsyTrance... as the track slowly rolls out of momentum, you can hear the crown going wild since I am sure their brains just almost exploded....OUTSTANDING!

I could go on and on, but really, alot of this is too out there to even describe... just spend the measly $9USD and listen for yorself.

Oh, and there's what is getting to be a rather long thread of reviews and comments and discussion of In Dub - Live at:

http://www.twistedmusic.com/forums/viewthread/3474/

Excellent album, bought it the second it was out for a really ridiculous price in the Twisted Shop.

My only gripes are with Rent Boy which must be the worst track Simon had ever hand in creating and also I don't know how Live this album really is. The sound is just too good to be Live.

Regardless, great album. Get it ASAP

At the same time the music is good I can't help to get tired of the real drums. They (well, duh) sound the same and after a while all the crashes and stuff gets somewhat annoying. But thats "normal" music I guess. I must say the new tracks on this album is bad, really bad. Rent boy is a joke and one of the worsts tracks I've heard. I'd much rather enjoy actual remixes of HALLUCINOGEN tracks. This album has nothing on Hallucinogen In Dub by Ott. Stay electronic.

I think it an excellent album and a perfect mix of traditional, acoustic and electronic instruments blended into a beautiful, shifting and vibrating fusion of psychedelia. Parts of it remind me of electronic raggae somehow and that really gets me moving and grinning in equal measure. I don't like the new heavy metal-esque tracks very much either- especially as the first one sounds like a Prodigy - Firestarter rip-off, but the other new tracks with their persian/arabic sounds and influences are beautiful, rather unique and very atmospheric. In regards to the real drums, maybe I'm getting old or have been listening to 'normal' music too much of late, but they don't tire me or bring on listening fatigue at all, indeed it's the electronic beats with their perfectly uniform rhythm and identical sound that have that effect on me these days, as the 1055th beat sounds exactly the same as the 1044 that went before it. But anyway, yeah, all in all it's an excellent album.

I think it's really bad.

The live drums, the rock/metal riffs and lame artificial crowd noise doesn't do it for me. And there's nothing "live" about this recording. Even though they are experienced musicians they haven't played as a band long enough to trust each other and go out on a limb. This is a carefully rehearsed show and not once do I get the feeling of being there in the moment, which should be essential for a live recording.

I have always been impressed by Posford's ability to reinvent his sound and they major effects his ideas have had on the psychedelic trance sound. I do understand that artists might find it more fun to play with instruments and with friends, but if Younger Brother and Hallucinogen in dub live is his new sound I'm not sure I will follow that path.

I would rather prefer a live Hallucinogen album, and it's a good way of making more money of the Hallucinogen trance sound everyone loves. A live Hallucinogen album would be as magnificent as the Daft Punk live album.

Only a fraction of Simon's output over the last five or six years can be classed as what we define as 'proper' trance and, subsequently, I think it's fair to say he now enjoys creating and, presumably, listening to ambient trance and the mixture of traditional live music fused with electronic music much more. I think he, like a lot of the older trance fans, myself included, is kinda bored of the clinical, almost antiseptic nature of trance. It's too restrictive, particularly for an artist of his considerable calibre.

Only a fraction of Simon's output over the last five or six years can be classed as what we define as 'proper' trance and, subsequently, I think it's fair to say he now enjoys creating and, presumably, listening to ambient trance and the mixture of traditional live music fused with electronic music much more. I think he, like a lot of the older trance fans, myself included, is kinda bored of the clinical, almost antiseptic nature of trance. It's too restrictive, particularly for an artist of his considerable calibre.

+10

Im enjoying this much more than any hallucinigen ive heard before. The live nature of this record (even if its not real, did someone say those crowd noises were fake?) is what makes it more enjoyable for the listener.

I think it's really bad.

The live drums, the rock/metal riffs and lame artificial crowd noise doesn't do it for me. And there's nothing "live" about this recording. Even though they are experienced musicians they haven't played as a band long enough to trust each other and go out on a limb. This is a carefully rehearsed show and not once do I get the feeling of being there in the moment, which should be essential for a live recording.

While I agree with all you mention above I still don't think it makes the album a bad one

damn! the drum is the same thing all cd long, big dissapointement, this release is like a practise from a hallucinogen in dub, its nothing compared to the real album, i cant believe how shitty is the rent boy song. the guitar in their is so cheesy, its terrible

I believe with the advent of this album we discovered new way to listen and it

had to do with piecing together various hooks and samples of old tracks.

Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply?

Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.

That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go

in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they

don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

(this album rocks btw)

I believe with the advent of this album we discovered new way to listen and it

had to do with piecing together various hooks and samples of old tracks.

Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply?

Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.

That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go

in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they

don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

(this album rocks btw)

HAHHAHA :D