Why aren't there more American psy/ambient artists?

MattMan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prove them wrong and have a gig in US :ph34r:

btw, any news?!!?

Gladly but I haven't had a gig since 2007, much less interest in anyone flying me back to the US.

New with the next album is the same as usual. Everything is finished but the artwork, still waiting on that.

not androcell, only distant system, androcell is good for 3-4 minutes in each songs, then its repetitive

Hey, nice idea... Eight "3 minute" tracks on the new album will be ideal. :lol:

Less concentrated work for me, less irritation for you. Everybody wins! :posford:

Hey, nice idea... Eight "3 minute" tracks on the new album will be ideal. :lol:

Less concentrated work for me, less irritation for you. Everybody wins! :posford:

HAHAHA!~!

;)

not androcell, only distant system, androcell is good for 3-4 minutes in each songs, then its repetitive

Be sure to check out the track Gnome Dosed - It's awesome! :lol: Actually it's so awesome, I'd use it for my wedding song,.. if I ever get a married. :)

edit: hm, or was that for funerals.. Don't know, and it's late here. Good night.

I really disagree about the androcell being repetitive.... in fact I said the same thing about another psy album on this forum, crazy ducks newest, ALL PSY CAN BE REPETITIVE... it is called TRANCE for a reason lol.

..on that note Efflorescence has moved the heads of anyone who has been blessed to hear it on my stereo.. metalheads, skater punks, even my dad who only gets arroused by Frank Zappa and Dream Theater.

If we are worried about repetitiveness (word?) then why are we listening to trance? Honestly I can't think of any album I've ever heard that didn't have some repetition.. cause music is music.. maybe ghost reveries by Opeth or Tool's 10,000 Days

I wonder what the members of said bands would think of androcell and jikkenteki!!!??? someone should ask :blink:

I really disagree about the androcell being repetitive.... in fact I said the same thing about another psy album on this forum, crazy ducks newest, ALL PSY CAN BE REPETITIVE... it is called TRANCE for a reason lol.

..on that note Efflorescence has moved the heads of anyone who has been blessed to hear it on my stereo.. metalheads, skater punks, even my dad who only gets arroused by Frank Zappa and Dream Theater.

If we are worried about repetitiveness (word?) then why are we listening to trance? Honestly I can't think of any album I've ever heard that didn't have some repetition.. cause music is music.. maybe ghost reveries by Opeth or Tool's 10,000 Days

I wonder what the members of said bands would think of androcell and jikkenteki!!!??? someone should ask :blink:

hey! shpongle is not really repetitive, and there a limit of repetivniss, of course every music repeat his self a bit, but theres a limit, and when androcells song are quite awsome in the beginning, but doesnt really evolve, it bores me, thats all

Yeah, you're right. I didn't even think about that. Chicago and Detroit were the the major House players.

techno indeed like Dave Clarck (coming for Brighton), Jeff Miles (coming from Detroit) etc...

it became more @ the surface in America,

but Europe certainly England, germany, Holland, Belgium were @ the same level,

they are smaller countries and that's the reason why the so called 'raves' were kept 'underground' not wanting too,

it just happened,

In america a scene grows much faster because it's population and it's film industry...

As someone else said, no one really even knows what Trance is (at least here in Minnesota), let alone listens to it or produces it. If people aren't exposed to the music, it's hard for them to get into producing/composing this type of music.

I disagree with your list of countries though. There is a ton of good Trance from countries other than those. I can't believe you left out Finland either...

and probably the best from US

He's one of the best period IMO. I can't even think of a better "chill/ambient" artist right now, at least not anyone who is so consistently good. He has just made good/great albums one after another.

There are quite a few artists from USA the last years.

Bluetech and oCeLoT are the most known. Penta too (although he is half Russian too or something).

The reason USA doesn't produce more psy?

Different countries, different cultures I guess.

Penta is russian :) Living in US though, as far as I know

BTW, why doesn't Europe have more gangstah rappers? Like Ormion say, different country, different culture

As someone else said, no one really even knows what Trance is (at least here in Minnesota), let alone listens to it or produces it.

Hey, I know what trance is, listen to it, produce it and am from Minnesota (granted I don't live there anymore but......)