Why aren't there more American psy/ambient artists?

MattMan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few artists from USA the last years.

Bluetech and oCeLoT are the most known. Penta too (although he is half Russian too or something).

The reason USA doesn't produce more psy?

Different countries, different cultures I guess.

Mubali, Androcell, Quasar spring to mind. I think Alien Mental is based in America though he's originally from India. And Goa Gil (other way round). There's also Billy and Per of course.

There's a fair few US record labels too, off the top of my head I can think of Geomagnetic, Kagdila and Psybertribe - you can probably come up with more examples of American artists by looking at their back catalogues. Mr. Rogers is another example.

What are the great names out there? And why is only Israel, Sweden, Great Britain and France really the only ones that do it right?

oh yeah, androcell/distant system :ph34r:

He asked "what are the great names" guys, , not the crap names. :blink:

Probably the most commercial US name for this scene is Bluetech.

Evan Bluetech Marc :drama:

His real name is Evan Bartholomew. Bluetech and Evan Marc are just pseudonyms for his music.

He asked "what are the great names" guys, not the crap names. :blink:

His real name is Evan Bartholomew. Bluetech and Evan Marc, are just pseudonyms for his music.

you're definitely there, sir :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

BTW, why don't you play in sunny california sometime?! :rolleyes:

Can't afford it. :unsure:

i'm not sure how it works for you guys but i feel evan's album release tour (at least in so cal, the one that i went to) was very successful and he sold many CDs (venue was packed). :unsure:

anyhow, i can't wait for your new album(s) :posford:

He asked "what are the great names" guys, , not the crap names. :blink:

His real name is Evan Bartholomew. Bluetech and Evan Marc are just pseudonyms for his music.

and probably the best from US

what do you mean by commercial??? the more known or the gut who makes the music to be more known???????

Hold on I'm still following your trail of question marks.... Ok, what I meant was he has a booking agent who is

continually trying to get him gigs and is on a label that loves to shove promotion down your throat so to me that makes

him more commercial.. You're reacting like this is a "bad" thing. You're average "psy" scene promoter probably can't afford him anymore.

I remember when I inquired to him last year "personally" as a friend about booknig him for a chillout festival I have been considering trying

to organize in the US and he referred me to his "agent". He didn't even want to personally work something out... maybe becuase it's a breech

of terms with his agent. I HAD to go through his commercial booking agent if I wanted him to even be remotely interested. So just relax, guy, and breathe a little.

Your favorite artist in the world isn't "selling out" he's "cashing in" and I can respect that but figured you should have some real details. Happy? :drama:

Hold on I'm still following your trail of question marks.... Ok, what I meant was he has a booking agent who is

continually trying to get him gigs and is on a label that loves to shove promotion down your throat so to me that makes

him more commercial.. You're reacting like this is a "bad" thing. You're average "psy" scene promoter probably can't afford him anymore.

I remember when I inquired to him last year "personally" as a friend about booknig him for a chillout festival I have been considering trying

to organize in the US and he referred me to his "agent". He didn't even want to personally work something out. I HAD to go through his commercial

booking agent if I wanted him to even be remotely interested. So just relax, guy, and breathe a little.

Your favorite artist in the world isn't "selling out" he's "cashing in" and I can respect that but figured you should have some real details. Happy? :drama:

well that suprise me, he didnt even wanted to talk to you? but at least he's still making good music, will it last?!? im so happy now! thank you so much!

but beside that, thanks a lot for distant system an incredible album, when are you planning to release another one? is there some song already made...

but at least he's still making good music, will it last?!?

Blessed be that thing called subjectivity.

but beside that, thanks a lot for distant system an incredible album, when are you planning to release another one? is there some song already made...

Working on the third Androcell album and a concept compilation titled "Vital Signs" featuring 4 new Androcell tracks (2 are remixes of Neurosomatic Circuit and Atmos-spheres from the Efflorescence album) and 4 "commissioned" tracks by some well-respected and accomplished artists. By commissioned I mean I assigned them specific track titles/themes they were each contracted to write custom music for. I'm sure many of you will be pretty happy with the "roster". This is not just another compilation of collected and licensed tracks. This is more like a concept / collaboration project that I conceived. Will get around to another Distant System album in 2010.

I don't rush my music just so I can "play it out".