Do you really like Ultimae?

bwhale

POLL  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like Ultimae's releases?

• I totally love them
    • I like most of their things
    • I only like a couple of their things
    • I hate them

In think Where edges meet, is one of the top 5 Ultimae albums no doubt. Why just average to you?

I think they are the best downtempo label, all of their releases are above average, and climbing. I love them!

but do you keep listening to there albums?????

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kk, cause i dont know, i seem to forget them, i really like there work, but it doesnt make me want to listen to it a lot!

Well TBH. Ultimae is more tripping stuff to me than casual listen. Hol Baumann, Movements, CBL is more acceptable as casual lsitens. But Ultimae music is always so that you have to concentrate on the music, doing only that to really get the full experience, then it's awesome. But it's not very ofte one is in that kind of mood.

Well TBH. Ultimae is more tripping stuff to me than casual listen. Hol Baumann, Movements, CBL is more acceptable as casual lsitens. But Ultimae music is always so that you have to concentrate on the music, doing only that to really get the full experience, then it's awesome. But it's not very ofte one is in that kind of mood.

yeah i agree, i really enjoy listening to solar field for example when i am completely concentrated, but damn, every thing i listen is really enjoyable when concentrated, but i know what you mean

I think they are the best downtempo label, all of their releases are above average, and climbing. I love them!

I agree :wub: as a label I really couldn't expect more, it's obvious I can't love ALL the tracks they have released (that would be utopia), but they r the best one out there IMHO, and it's run by fantastic people :)

I agree :wub: as a label I really couldn't expect more, it's obvious I can't love ALL the tracks they have released (that would be utopia), but they r the best one out there IMHO, and it's run by fantastic people :)

i really like them too. recently i decided to get all the solar fields cd's in original form as well as

some aes dana and a few other things ( krill minima, gas 0095 ) and got sent the hol baumann album as a gift -

such a nice touch :)

I voted 'I only like a couple of their things'.

I really enjoy listening to Solar Fields. The rest of the Ultimae catalogue doesn't really speak to me. I know a lot of people are all over Carbon Based Lifeforms and Aes Dana. The ambient style CBL present, I've heard done better, especially on numerous releases on the FAX label throughout the nineties. But that MOS tune they have is sweet.

Aes Dana, on the other hand, produces fantastic ambient music. That's why I like only his "Aftermath" album, which is the toughest one to grab hold of, unfortunately. I find it the most ambient one, so to speak. Really deep, floating and atmospheric. I love it. What I usually dislike in his productions is this horrible sense of beat arrangement and percussion. I mean, Vincent must have this unmistakable talent of completely missplacing and missusing his bass lines and kicks. In my ears, he practically destroys tons of potentially great music with weak arrangements. Those morning trance tunes on his albums I find disposable.

I love Solar Fields though. His evolution in terms of sound advancement and exploration is great. Calling him an ambient producer would be an underestimating and insulting statement, despite the fact he has become globally known for his beatless and floating music. His first two albums are so ecclectic, diverse and impossible to categorize. It's only now, with "Movements" that he fully operated his immense talent and released an album which made all his previous work take a back seat. I can hardly wait to see where he'll go next, although I'm far from being done with enjoying everything he released up to now!

I vote a ouple of their things because except some really enjoyable moments in the fahrenheit project series nothing really amaze me with Ultimae...

Still not giving a chance to the new H.U.V.A. Network album yet ....

Well since I only own H.U.V.A. Network - Distances, and Solar Fields - Earthshine (on a burned CD) I am not the one to judge.

I have however heard a lot of their music through dedicated friends in varies situations and I must say their releases are top notch with a lot of Magic qualities.

Sometimes the most boring music turnes out to have the deepest magic of them all. I learned that many years ago.

I voted the second alternative.

I voted 'I only like a couple of their things'.

I really enjoy listening to Solar Fields. The rest of the Ultimae catalogue doesn't really speak to me. I know a lot of people are all over Carbon Based Lifeforms and Aes Dana. The ambient style CBL present, I've heard done better, especially on numerous releases on the FAX label throughout the nineties. But that MOS tune they have is sweet.

Aes Dana, on the other hand, produces fantastic ambient music. That's why I like only his "Aftermath" album, which is the toughest one to grab hold of, unfortunately. I find it the most ambient one, so to speak. Really deep, floating and atmospheric. I love it. What I usually dislike in his productions is this horrible sense of beat arrangement and percussion. I mean, Vincent must have this unmistakable talent of completely missplacing and missusing his bass lines and kicks. In my ears, he practically destroys tons of potentially great music with weak arrangements. Those morning trance tunes on his albums I find disposable.

I love Solar Fields though. His evolution in terms of sound advancement and exploration is great. Calling him an ambient producer would be an underestimating and insulting statement, despite the fact he has become globally known for his beatless and floating music. His first two albums are so ecclectic, diverse and impossible to categorize. It's only now, with "Movements" that he fully operated his immense talent and released an album which made all his previous work take a back seat. I can hardly wait to see where he'll go next, although I'm far from being done with enjoying everything he released up to now!

I hate the fact that you're english is so good, and that you can express thing so much better than I cvould ever dream of <_<

I hate the fact that you're english is so good, and that you can express thing so much better than I cvould ever dream of <_<

Rino does have some great English skills, sometimes even I am jealous ;)

I wanna know if people really like them, or this is another one of those things that everyone in the psy scene is expected to pretend they like.

Vote away!

Bwhale,

What a silly and asinine thing for you to say. Why would you assume that a significant amount of people would bother to "pretend" to like Ultimae?

Pedro

Rino does have some great English skills, sometimes even I am jealous ;)

-_-

:wub:

Tha Solargh Feeldz luuvin' gang!

I'm in between liking "most of their things" and "only a couple". They are pretty hit and miss for me. Some great stuff, some good stuff, but also some very boring stuff.

That's actually a big compliment coming from me though, because most labels release 95% crap IMO :P

I've liked a few of their releases. CBL, for one, and their Fahrenheit compilations. The other artist releases have been a big yawnfest for me, although I tried to like them. Highly engineered, highly polished yawn music.