Do you really like Ultimae?

bwhale

POLL  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like Ultimae's releases?

• I totally love them
    • I like most of their things
    • I only like a couple of their things
    • I hate them

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I like most of their releases. The compilations haven't been that good imo since FP 6 and I Awake album and the new H.U.V.A. Network were a bit of a disaapointment for me but they still release mostly quality stuff. And I mean when it's good, it's fucking good!

If you consider that Solar Fields & Aes Dana are the main artists of this roaster from which you can add their project HUVA Network, Globally enjoying Ultimae means at ~ 66% , enjoying Solar Fields & Aes Dana. It's quite simple as that :clapping:

I love it. I love the Aes Dana releases (although I didn't use to), Solar Fields is perfection, CBL is really gloomy and great, HUVA network is interesting, whereas Distances probably is top 3 ultmae releases, Hol Baumann is pretty good. I tend to enjoy the compilations a lot.

I Awake

Sync 24

James Murray

are okayish. nothing too spectacular.

I haven't gotten around to buying the new Substans album from Circular. They're fellow Norwegians, so I guess I have to. Any good?

Other than that, CBL are growing into something even better and better.. Very much the same from Solar Fields, just look at Movements.

I hope we get CBL 3 in 2009!

I adore most of their stuff. I would probably be somewhere between the first two options.

Solar Fields, Aes Dana, Fahrenheit Project and the Oxycantas are :wub:

They have been usurped as my favourite ambient label recently though by databloe/dataobscura as my tastes become more & more chilled

Really dig Solar Fields, have not listened to a ton of their stuff

a few comps and so on

for the most part I would say I have liked it

or at least not disliked enough of it to say I hate it

I'll go with like -- why not be nice?

:P

You know what?

I also gotta say that I have really enjoyed

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Circular (at least I have been listening to "Substans" and kinda digging it"

Mystical Sun

I'm just more of an uptempo kinda guy (really like Full-on and Darkpsy stuff)

but I do have to chill out like everyone else, and some of the stuff has been pretty good for that.

Just to be fair :rolleyes:

Great stuff but I have a very difficult time separating good from awesome. They release so much music... and each album requires a fair amount of time to digest... so it takes a lot of time to figure out what I really like.

Best finds: Distances and Earthshine.

beside from cbl, i am bored with there sound, its good, but damn, i'm never blown away by it, its nicely done always, but nothing to keep me wanting to come back and back and enjoy there stuff, its always quality, but never totally fun, i get bored mostly fast

Only carbon based beside that, its a big okay its cool, but nothing totally mind blowing, so yes, i dont like ultimae, but

distant sytem is with ultimea? if so, well cbl and distant would be the only thing i keep listening

some songs of frenheit project, but its alll; the same IMO

Yes solar field its perfection, but its still boring IMO im sorry, i like solar field, i own all their relaese, and i love listening to their release but only 2-3 time, after that, im like bored with it, its sad cause its perfection, but perfect doesnt mean i love it though

Yes solar field its perfection, but its still boring IMO im sorry, i like solar field, i own all their relaese, and i love listening to their release but only 2-3 time, after that, im like bored with it, its sad cause its perfection, but perfect doesnt mean i love it though

I agree.. most of their stuff is perfect production quality but also perfectly boring and pointless music.

I agree.. most of their stuff is perfect production quality but also perfectly boring and pointless music.

Indeed it's not the classic melodic chill stuff for sure, it's oftenly hypnotico-mental & btw not plenty entertaining all the time.

James Murray

are okayish. nothing too spectacular.

In think Where edges meet, is one of the top 5 Ultimae albums no doubt. Why just average to you?

I think they are the best downtempo label, all of their releases are above average, and climbing. I love them!