V/A Human Hyperactivation (Metapsychic) 2007

LLB

As requested here a review of

v/a Human Hyperactivation (Metapsychic) 2007

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tracklist:

Metapsychic is a net-label held by Lost Buddha & Cosmogenesis. Human Hyperactivation is their second compilation, but their first one commercialized through Internet (the first one was free to download check their website : www.metapsychicrecords.com/ :) )

Tracklisting:

01. Pan Psychic – In Suspend

02. Mindsphere - Perception

03. Subra - Snel Hest

04. Artifact303 - Trip To The Sun

05. Pandemonium - Pandemonium

06. Liquid Flow - Overdose

07. Alienxxs - Infected Creature

08. Brain Technology - Jungle Hippie

09. Nolax - Pareidolia

Compiled by Filipe Santos (Lost Buddha), Cosmogenesis & Octodur

Mastered by Dave Hook (Infinite Dimensions)

Artwork by Bruno Filizola (Astrancer)

1> I've got a worry with Pan Psychic (Georgy & Ivan Fedorenko) from Russia, his track is too fast to my taste, it doesn't fit well with its content. That's a pity coz with an appropriate tempo, it'd result more attractive; & unfortunately it just gives a headache.

2> Mindsphere (Ali Akgun) from Turkey propulses our ears through the cosmos, the atmosphere is very spatial. The feeling delivered is closed from a goa-anthem like Prana – The Earth which was made with Indoor, that explain too the big Israeli vibe influence here.

3> Subra (Michael Anenburg) from Israel has cooked a more chiselled neo-goa tune which lets a little place for a somehow global melancholic feeling. From a creativity & originality Goa view, it's without doubt the most interesting tune from the compilation; although i'm not convinced by the interest of the acid line's misappropriated.

4> Artifact303 (Zolt Peter) from Romania manages to produce some true happy & powerful Goa sounding & being at the same time quite genuine, i mean this tune doesn't evoke me something already done by the past except an Astral Projection influence in the combo rhythmic-deep bassline.

5> Pandemonium (Filipe Santos) from Portugal comes to rock the place with a hard pumping Goa tune with a massive kick (Miranda or Shiva Shidapu alike). Around 3''00 we benefit from a sweet oriental melody played at the vibraphone & flute, which brings an interesting contrast with the previous ultra-energized acid-rock harmony with the heavy brassy tones option added. From 4''50, the melodic theme is declined another way, focusing on the insane elements to increase the frenzy.

6> Liquid Flow (Tomislav Savic) from Croatia, shows an intense & quite short strong 303 Goa tasty stuff. No, we aren't on a Acid Flash compilation, but really on Human Hyperactivation. Here as you probably already understood, we are in the land of the big smashing sound, pure body music.

7> Alienxxs (Simon Bay) from Switzerland has done an average tune : nothing bad but nothing brain blasting too : it goes fast (too fast), it lacks a lot of contrast (please work a bit more the mix of tune next time, everything is at the same level...) & the sounds are quite common.

8> Brain Technology (Damir Abjanovie) from Croatia brings a more hypnotic goa side that could make your head turned. It could remind slightly Disco Volante with Forbidden (Floorplay remix) but much more thick, powerful & faster.

9> Nolax (Christoph Mitsch) from Austria, decides to employ heavy shrill tones that's a risky choice & i don't share it. For me these kind of sounds are closer to the torture than the entertainment, sorry.

For the old school lovers, this compilation is good choice as the selection permits to range a nice variety of Goa tune from more or less acid to Oriental influenced through hypnotic, shrill, emotional or adrenalistic styles. Furthermore some tracks will certainly remind you some good old goa productions & nice memories.

Highlights: 2,4,5

Good moments:3,6,8

7,5/10

• Like 1

Thanks for putting up the review topic. I would have but I don't have enough words to justify a review topic.

I personally love this Compilation. Every track here is the best from the artist that have decided to be a part of it (Apart from Artifact303 - and that's not saying it's a bad track, just that Artifact303 has this wonderful track called Feelings).

Every track is full-on(Actual full-on, not the shitty full-on) goa power with a lot of great sounds tying them together. Pandemonium for example, the best track from his debut is gracing it's glory on this album. Same for Mindsphere although, granted, it's not directly from the album, but if you listen to it and Operation Side from the debut, you recognize thata lot of parts are from it. And the one's I didn't mention, I don't have any gripes with, great tracks.

The some odd one is Nolax - Pareidolia, it has this great sound but it's basically 11minutes of it, 2 minutes of actual repeat in the start, while main lead is on repeat the whole time. What was he thinking on this one is beyond me. it could have been better with more time on making it more complex and maybe shorter. It does have a few redeemish qualities, but not enough.

By the way Artifact303's Trip To The Sun is a must listen as it has Half Life 2 samples which are used extremely well :D

Too bad the release seemed to have some problems and this is not as recognized as it should imo.

• Like 1

Too bad the release seemed to have some problems and this is not as recognized as it should imo.

Sorry but i don't see your point here mate, Metapsychic was a netlabel (there was no worries with this release, you confund with The Mindspher's album i think from same label) & according to discogs, this compilation received a good support (see the number of holders for example) & also if you check the rating

=>http://www.discogs.com/Various-Human-Hyperactivation/master/1586

;)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's funny to see that my favorite tracks are the least appreciated by the reviewer here. Pan Psychic is a kickass tune, definetely one of the best New School gems released in 2007, and the same goes for the hypnotic Pareidolia track. OK, the latter one has some elements that are repeated for several minutes, but this doesn't make it a boring track at all. I'd compare it with Boris Blenn - Portamento, which also has this quasi-endlessly looped melodies, without becoming annoying :) ...

It's funny to see that my favorite tracks are the least appreciated by the reviewer here. Pan Psychic is a kickass tune, definetely one of the best New School gems released in 2007, and the same goes for the hypnotic Pareidolia track. OK, the latter one has some elements that are repeated for several minutes, but this doesn't make it a boring track at all. I'd compare it with Boris Blenn - Portamento, which also has this quasi-endlessly looped melodies, without becoming annoying :) ...

In Suspense is incredible!

The tracks in this comp are freaking good, but somethings off with the quality..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perception is my fav on this compilation, Mindsphere has a very distinct style which is characterized by lots of acidic layers with talking sounds. Always with a good balance of melodic story telling and entrancing loops, without loosing direction. Senseless reception should have been on a compilation as well.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

vDztAX4.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Human Hyperactivation

Label: Metaphysic Records

Date: August 2007

01. Pan Psychic – In Suspend
02. Mindsphere - Perception
03. Subra - Snel Hest
04. Artifact303 - Trip To The Sun
05. Pandemonium - Pandemonium
06. Liquid Flow - Overdose
07. Alienxxs - Infected Creature
08. Brain Technology - Jungle Hippie
09. Nolax - Pareidolia

"I'm your partner if you go down on this I go down on this!"

QoclhIF.gif

See ladies it's not that hard to compromise. We can both get what we want. Damnit. I love Kate Upton, but that gif doesn't work. She seems like she's being bad by sneaking some Toll House cookies while on her employer mandated diet. I didn't wanna do this, but sometimes you have to go with an oldie...

lmLe2Fj.gif

Damn you Olivia Newton John...

Before Metaphysic disintegrated into a fiery blaze of glory they had some outstanding releases. To this day there's little argument that this was one of the greatest goa trance compilations ever. The tracklist is bursting with star power and boy do they deliver. Every track is a shining example of what goa trance could be with countless layers of mind transforming melody. Pan Psychic wasn't the most prolific project, but man if they didn't set the world on fire with the extremely fast paced In Suspend. Perception is particularly impressive and what we've now come to expect from Mindsphere. Snel Hest which is next is a quality track in its own right, but it's dwarfed by how massive Perception was. Ali really scorched the Earth with that one.

Another artist who would ascend to the top of Goa Mountain is Artifact303 and his track makes it easy to see why. Deep and lush it rips a hole in the sky to force God to take notice. Which brings us to the enigmatic and maddening Filipe Santos. Forget all the other stuff the man was a wizard when it came to goa trance. And he comes out with some high energy.

If we stopped right there you'd be happy to have this compilation. But it doesn't stop. Liquid Flow blows the doors off with double barrel 303s! Growling like it's 1997. The only gripe any sane man can have is that it was all too short. Infected Creature keeps the classic vibes rolling and the Jungle Hippie unwinds a long melody with exotic pads. Whatever happened to that guy anyway? The final track is a long one and probably Nolax's best track until he released his album Turning Point.

I'm not lying when I tell you that I'd punch my grandma for this to be re-released on CD. Wait, that's insensitive...my grandmothers are all dead. I'd punch your grandma. Stop giving out that hard candy at Halloween! Nobody likes that sh*t! Yeah, that's better.

Track after track of brilliance. Pretty sure even I could blow up a goa party if I put this on and just hit play. And if you've seen my FB video than you know I play to a very discerning audience.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Man I'd buy this remastered in a heartbeat. A damn fine new school comp! Love listening to it occasionally but it's a shame about the loudness war mastering.

yea fucking overcompressed n shit , ah well fuck it you know

• 3 years later...

Artifact303 shared the unmastered version of Trip To The Sun, here on psynews a long time ago. Such a shame I lost it in a HD crash.

Anyone got it? If so share it :) it was really perfect.

Perception by Mindsphere would have been great as well without the brickwall-limiting.