Deedrah

Tandu

Astral Projection

Hallucinogen

Hallucinogen

Cosmosis

Cosmosis

Lastly a track from the kumbla mela experiment

Took a while to form the tracklisting and get the mix perfect, but I did it. Which brings us to the point. I'm selling the mix at school should I charge 15 or 20 dollars?

Guest Elysium Project

Indeeed it's very illegal ! You are not a record label and you do not have any agreement with the artists to produce a CD with their music on ! If I was you I would think twice before making money out of music that you have not legal rights to. Think it over a while. Hopefully you get to the conclusion that it's a nice feeling to make a honest living.

Guest lÿsërgïç

i wouldnt charge anything for it.

afterall ...did u make that mix to make money? or to spread the psy sound?

to me it sounds like u want to make money :(

Guest bugbread

I recommend pricing them at around 20...cents, that is. 10 cents for the CD you burn it on, 5 cents for the case, and 5 cents for the paper and ink for the cover. Charge a single penny more and you may as well be selling copies of Metallica CDs or Windows XP.

I dont think he is ever going to come back to this forum after that =)

Guest Slidingtrancer

Provoking prolly, but if he's not... consider it an honour for people to listen to your stuff. Charge them? What kinda attitude is that? Of course you can charge the costs you make yourself, but...

(akindo, I would've paid for the mix-cd you gave me,.... the only thing is it LACKS bass, watch that... I had to EQ it on my stereo and Computer....). The lower midtone section is awful ...

BTW, take a peek at my new email...

I take other artists songs and put them on cd and then say they are my own. And I charge people $7.99 cuz i print out the covers on paper from my computer and burn the cds and title them with a sharpie. Its looks almost pro but the songs sound great cause they really were professionally done. And I get all the chix cause they think Im a musician. :-P

Guest DJ Assasin

I found the comments to be cute, but my situation calls for income and quickly. Since I am good with the decks why not actually try to make a profit? It sounds like most of the responses were frustrated kids behind a pair of geminis. Keep practicing :)

hahaahahahahahaha

"Since I am good with the decks why not actually try to make a profit?"

Try getting booked then;)

You could be the only DJ that charges promoters for your CD's.

Guest The Evil Dr. Krelm

"I found the comments to be cute, but my situation calls for income and quickly. Since I am good with the decks why not actually try to make a profit?"

Eh....I second what OA said. Make a profit from DJ gigs. If you are as good as you seem to think you are, you should be able to get booked. I've made much more from payed gigs in the last year (several hundred $$) than from selling mixed CDs (-$100 - I give them out:)). And I'm not even very well-known.

Unless you go to school with a bunch of rich kids that have way too much to spend on CDs, chances are you will not sell many CDs for $15 or $20. Or even $10, for that matter. *Especially* if the CDs are not professionally done (professionally printed CD sleeves and CD labels are a must for demos, whether selling or just giving out to promoters). Heh...you might as well try charging $100! I'd never pay more than $5 for a damn good, *professional* DJ mixed CD (not counting licensed releases), and I wouldn't pay *anything* for one that is just a copy from a burner.

A bit of advice...if you are well-known enough to actually be able to sell CDs for $15-20, chances are you are going to be making good money off of your payed DJ gigs. However, since you are needing money from selling CDs, you most likely are not making any money off of DJ gigs, are not well-known, and won't have a chance of selling any at that price. Try $5 or so...still illegal (technically), but less offensive and you'll have better luck actually selling a few copies.

Illegal or not, it's just bad business to charge a big price for a mixed CD.

Unless you are a big name, mixed CDs are for the purpose of getting your name out and getting gigs, not for making money. Gigs make the money.

"It sounds like most of the responses were frustrated kids behind a pair of geminis. Keep practicing :)"

Riiiiight.....you sound to be some kid that got a pair of turntables, learned how to match a beat decently, got a big head, and is frustrated that you aren't making money from gigs. Keep practicing and get a grip.

If you need money fast, try selling crack or blow...I'd much rather take on the police than the RIAA. :)

Guest [tom jaimz]

I wanna know where DJ Assassin lives. A place where kids'll pay $US15 for a mix set of six year old goa? @!#$, yeah. Sounds like the land of milk and fucken honey.