The albums that dissapointed you the most

Ormion

I am with you on this one. Apart from the first couple of minutes I found the album to much much much weaker than twisted. It's not bad but it was a HUGE disappointment. People seem to thing un the psytrance work that if you don't think Simon Posford's farts are the best music ever then your taste in Pie is shit. However the best Hallucinogen tracks not on twisted for me are The Herb Garden and E, both downtempo works.

I also thought that FOL was fantastic. Better even than IFO.

For me the most disappointing albums for me were

Scorb - Ipso Fvcto

A good album but nowhere near as much as the debut album Scorb

Ian Ion - Gringo Locomotion

I thought this was alright but I was expecting big big things from this

Kettel - Whisper Me Wishes

Another album that alone is really good, but for me was to similar to My Dogan and I was expecting something more like Myam James (then Myam James came out)

First I was like <_< but then I was :D

Eat Static - Back To Earth

Just didn't know what to make of this, it wasn't bad but didn't demand too many repeat listens after all. Eat Static have put out so many 100+ listens albums but this one was like under 15

Planet Ben - Test

After an amazing psy album and a brilliant minimal album this was just shit! (This one was shit! Not just disappointing like the others I've listed)

Ooze - Where The Fields Never End

I had heard so many good things about this album but just didn't grab me

Biosphere - Substrata

This is a great album but I bought it based on my peers saying it was the best ambient album ever. It isn't!

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Not a patch on Twisted

Hol Baumann - Human

My first ultimae disappointment. I was expecting great great things from this and it is indeed great. But 1/3 of it was all stuff I'd heard before.

I Awake - The Core

Liked it but it is not really up to Ultimae standards

whisper me wished was to much like mydogan? WHAT!

oh well let's see.. i didn't like: X-Dream - Irritant

was a big disappointment for me (and still is), after all the monster they did before, that change of style didn't work for me... sorry

Etnica - Nitrox didn't do for me either when it came out, i just liked the trip tonite ambient remix and the other downtempo tracks, but later on i started to like the rest.

can't remember any more album that disappointed me a lot at first hear, i am easy on taste :)

Entheogenic - flight of the urubus

cannot believe they not improve more their style after be in top for so many years...

Ott - Skylon

a couple of great track but still dont know this one not get me at all

Younger brother - the last days of gravity

Maybe my hight expection for this one have something to do with the big deception

but no matter that fact I was expecting something more amazing...

Ultimae Deception

1- Hol bauman

2-I awake

3-Sync24

4-James Murray

Shpongle - nothing lasts but nothing is lost - weakest of the 3 in my opinion...hoping #4 will restore my faith

*runs for cover*

yeah hein, im kinda stressed about the forth, since his last younger wasnt that crazy, i dont know, im startinmg to be scared of what posford is gonna do in the future!

but it was still crazy his last shpongle, wasnt it?

but it was still crazy his last shpongle, wasnt it?

after hearing the first 3 tracks in their "beija flor" guise prior to the 3rd album coming out i thought it was going to be amazing but thats the best part of the album...the start! yeah its crazy but i kinda hoped it would all be as good as the first few tracks

Entheogenic - Flight of the Urubus - don't get the hype at all..

Bluetech - Sines and Singularities - sounds like he started taking prozac or something

X-Dream - Irritant - very irritating indeed

KoxBox - U-turn

Eat Static - Back to Earth

Tron - LOL, I can't even remember the name of it, but it got great reviews by Damien and others - I thought it was totally generic though.. Very lame album

Mantrix - Universal

Etic - Feedback - yawn...

Shadow Fx - Can't remember the name of this one either

Mr Peculiar - the last couple...

Entheogenic - Golden Cap - so boring, so lifeless...

Androcell - Efflorescence - decent album but not that interesting..

Solar Fields - Leaving Home - sorry but I find this one a bit dull...

Abakus - We Share the Same Dreams - decent but forgettable

Anahata - the Unmade Sound - thought Nystagmus would produce some killer chill-out, but I was wrong

James Reipas - Personal Trainer - loved Uwaga, but this was is hard to listen to..

IM - anything recent, of course...

Jikkenteki - the most recent one, too harsh sounding, too aggressive, unpleasant...

Juno Reactor - anything after Shango..

Hux Flux - Division by Zer0 - My favorite psytrance artist of all time, but this album was much less interesting than I'd hoped... Uninspired sounding...

• 3 weeks later...

sorry dunno how to do the quote thing, but anyways...

Ormian... Hydraglyph - Euphonics

Can't agree with u here, thought this album was great, better than the first even... which says quite a lot!

Abasio... Scorb - Ipso Fvcto

U gotta be kidding me??

Ouch. Yes I do. *street cred runs out the door only to get hit by a truck.*

:(

Mdk

How can u be disappointed with Violent Relaxation ? It is brilliant, but each to his own. ;)

For me, most of the albums past 2005 were disappointing, excluding new school goa albums, and even there, there are few of the average ones.

• Like 1

It is interesting that, with a few inevitable exceptions, I tend to agree with so many of the disappointments already mentioned in this thread.

So I won't repeat names.

I would like to add another one, though: Shpongle: Tales Of The Inexpressible. After the magnificent "Are You Shpongled", this was really quite a letdown of a boring album. I can only imagine that the kids that were raving about Tales don't really have much breadth in their music listening/knowledge.

Of the names mentioned in this thread, the one I would disagree strongly is Hol Baumann's Human. This is a very good piece of work, easily above average even for Ultimae. I do note that the poster had already heard 1/3 of the album before...

Pedro

It is interesting that, with a few inevitable exceptions, I tend to agree with so many of the disappointments already mentioned in this thread.

So I won't repeat names.

I would like to add another one, though: Shpongle: Tales Of The Inexpressible. After the magnificent "Are You Shpongled", this was really quite a letdown of a boring album. I can only imagine that the kids that were raving about Tales don't really have much breadth in their music listening/knowledge.

Of the names mentioned in this thread, the one I would disagree strongly is Hol Baumann's Human. This is a very good piece of work, easily above average even for Ultimae. I do note that the poster had already heard 1/3 of the album before...

Pedro

hmmm yes, the 2nd shpongle album was kinda disappointing :unsure:

Astral Projection - all (with an exception for Mahadeva)

never been a fan.

Solar Fields - Leaving Home - sorry but I find this one a bit dull...

this album is often (at least, more often than any other album) cited as his most successful output to date.

Furious - Supremacy

Kindzadza - Waves From Inner Space

Kluster - Missing Link

Mandalavandalz - King Of The Bad Trips

Penta - Portuguese Abduction

R.A.M. - Killerbites

Various - No Strings Attached

Various - Psy Stories I, II & III

e. and H.U.V.A. Network - Ephemeris

I can see where you come from on these ones.

Furious released monstrous "Uncanny Beats" in 2007 (which is one of my ten all-time favourite albums ever) and then "Supremacy" in the late 2008 with unexpected (which comes from previous album) tempos. However I think it's still a nice album, even though without doubt far behind UB.

Same with Penta who brought up immense "Horn Please" and several months after that album (which maybe is not so bad in general, but comparison does its job here as well).

And finally Ephemeris... I believe if there would have been no Distances before it, it would be considered as one of the best psychill albums ever made, but since we have Distances, the picture slightly changes its pallete. :)