The albums that dissapointed you the most

Ormion

Mantrix - Universal. This album was supposedly one of the highlights in psytrance according to Deathposture's review. My impression was quite the opposite. Could only enjoy the first half of alpha beater and that's about it... will unselfishly give this top of the line crown jewel for anyone as bonus who wishes to trade some cd with me. :rolleyes:

Tristan - Audiodrome. If you have yet to hear this - let's just say're not doing wrong if you judge "the book by its cover". The moments of brilliance Tristan had couple years earlier in space sage or paraphernalien are long gone.

HUVA Network - Distances

==> found that one quite boring despite the fact that I really like Solar Fields (Aes Dana is good too...hehe...), nevertheless..

Entheogenic - Flight of the Urubus

==> ok, better than Golden Cap (imo) but still not the Entheogenic from before Golden Cap.....again, imo....

Son Kite - Perspectives of ...

==> plain boring......Aiwana perhaps being the exemption....don't remember actually....

Sandman - Psycho toons

==> was expecting something more like Witchcraft.....(nonetheless the title track and the first track are great!)

Xenomorph - Qlippoth

==> could not get connected with the music.....Cassandra was marvellous and the last one was great too but this one seemed rather repetitive and monotonous....

Psychaos - euhm....damn....euh....Cause & effect..... :ph34r:

==> several good songs but as an album this one just doesn't do the trick.....

:(

Besides the Talpa follow up album, here's my disappointments:

Gappeq - Speaker Seeker

One of the most exciting new artists of recent years, but nonetheless an uninspiring debut album. One of the biggest disappointments.

Cosmosis - Trancendance

One of few old school artists that have managed to develop his sound, and then suddenly it's the well known and boring full on formula.

Ocelot - Dream Selector

The Vector Selector album is amazing, I just love all those strange alien sounds, and the idea of him turning melodic (as was the case with Dream Selector) was very interesting, unfortunately the album didn't work for me.

Koxbox - U-turn

All talent obviously left with Ian Ion.

X-dream - We Interface

There's no denying that the X-dream guys are one of the most important acts of psytrance, but the We Interface album is well crafted boredom.

The Delta - Minusman

Same as above x 10.

Prometheus - Robot.O.Chan

His first couple of singles are really good, but the album just doesn't do it for me. It's like he's trying to be more intelligent and avant garde then he actually is. Same applies for the Corridor of Mirrors album.

Quirk - Quality Control

Their debut album is one the essential albums of the golden years, their follow-up is one the biggest disappointments.

Deedrah - Body Soul

Impressive sound quality, among the best I've ever heard on cd, but the tracks doesn't go anywhere.

Gappeq - Speaker Seeker

One of the most exciting new artists of recent years, but nonetheless an uninspiring debut album. One of the biggest disappointments.

Im very surprised to read that. I thought it was one of the best darkpsy albums of 2007

I was waiting for this album for such a long time and I bought the pre-order limited edible one as soon as it was available. I thought it was a terrible album, there was nothing in there to keep me coming back after a few listens. I should have known that all that eco/edible/blahblah nonsense in press release was indicative of music inside.

I was waiting for this album for such a long time and I bought the pre-order limited edible one as soon as it was available. I thought it was a terrible album, there was nothing in there to keep me coming back after a few listens. I should have known that all that eco/edible/blahblah nonsense in press release was indicative of music inside.

The artwork isn't half bad though, imo.

I concur with "The lone deranger" being a huge let down. I don't think there's a single track I like on it, except for Trancespotter. That album does not speak to me in any way. I cannot relax to those tracks, let alone dance to them, listen to them while walking, jogging, travelling short/long distances... I just can't. And please, at the usual guilty parties: do not tell me "try it on acid as only then does it reveal a whole new unexplored universe!". Stop. I don't give a shit. I'm not an astronaut. I only listen to music, not go around looking like Cpt. Piccard and exploring vast galaxies.

Man With No Name's "Earth moving the sun" was below my expectations. It had a few amazing tracks, but by '98, he had raised the bar so high that, looking in retrospective, I don't think he could have recorded an album that would have met my wishes and demands. A pity though, 'cause as a kid, I canned to death everything he released.

Prana's debut album, "Cyclone", is something of a disappointment to me as well. It probably has something to do with the fact that I heard "Geomantik" first, and it was love at first sight. It still remains one of my all time favorite albums, regardless of the genre. Everything else I heard by Tsuyoshi (Taiyo, Blissed or Joujouka) fails miserably in comparison.

A fair 90% of everything with 'Asia 2001' written on it. Dated cheese. The live album was adequate, but I don't think any of his other albums had more than 2-3 average tracks.

Ra- 9th. Kill me for being honest, if you can find me first. :P The whole egyptian, mystical, covered in a thick veil of mystery, with comforting and relieving melodies thing did not impress me.

Besides the Talpa follow up album, here's my disappointments:

Gappeq - Speaker Seeker

Cosmosis - Trancendance

One of few old school artists that have managed to develop his sound, and then suddenly it's the well known and boring full on formula.

Ocelot - Dream Selector

The Vector Selector album is amazing, I just love all those strange alien sounds, and the idea of him turning melodic (as was the case with Dream Selector) was very interesting, unfortunately the album didn't work for me.

Koxbox - U-turn

All talent obviously left with Ian Ion.

X-dream - We Interface

There's no denying that the X-dream guys are one of the most important acts of psytrance, but the We Interface album is well crafted boredom.

The Delta - Minusman

Same as above x 10.

Prometheus - Robot.O.Chan

His first couple of singles are really good, but the album just doesn't do it for me. It's like he's trying to be more intelligent and avant garde then he actually is. Same applies for the Corridor of Mirrors album.

Quirk - Quality Control

Their debut album is one the essential albums of the golden years, their follow-up is one the biggest disappointments.

Deedrah - Body Soul

Impressive sound quality, among the best I've ever heard on cd, but the tracks doesn't go anywhere.

I'm with you for this one, big disappointment...

Juno Reactor - Gods And Monster

Great album, up until the last 2 tracks. It disappointed me in the sense I felt like I got an incomplete album from Juno.

Shakta - Feed The Flame

I think this is pretty obvious.

Filteria - Dayz of our Lives

:mellow:

I know you'll hate me. But i just couldn't connect to this one, though i adore Sky Input and Heliopolis.

While do I do like Daze, a lot, I must agree. As I mentioned, I LOVE Filteria and as Filteria is the only artist that does the music that Filteria does - not seeing him do what he did is disappointing.

Still, it's a wonderful album, yes, but it's not what Sky Input and Heliopolis were.

Lone Deranger disapointed me as well. Twisted was out of this world when I first heard it and still is now but Lone Deranger was just...

Tbh I don't even know what's wrong with it. Just not a fan at all.

I am with you on this one. Apart from the first couple of minutes I found the album to much much much weaker than twisted. It's not bad but it was a HUGE disappointment. People seem to thing un the psytrance work that if you don't think Simon Posford's farts are the best music ever then your taste in Pie is shit. However the best Hallucinogen tracks not on twisted for me are The Herb Garden and E, both downtempo works.

for me this is the best album ever made togheter with cosmology

I also thought that FOL was fantastic. Better even than IFO.

For me the most disappointing albums for me were

Scorb - Ipso Fvcto

A good album but nowhere near as much as the debut album Scorb

Ian Ion - Gringo Locomotion

I thought this was alright but I was expecting big big things from this

Kettel - Whisper Me Wishes

Another album that alone is really good, but for me was to similar to My Dogan and I was expecting something more like Myam James (then Myam James came out)

First I was like <_< but then I was :D

Eat Static - Back To Earth

Just didn't know what to make of this, it wasn't bad but didn't demand too many repeat listens after all. Eat Static have put out so many 100+ listens albums but this one was like under 15

Planet Ben - Test

After an amazing psy album and a brilliant minimal album this was just shit! (This one was shit! Not just disappointing like the others I've listed)

Ooze - Where The Fields Never End

I had heard so many good things about this album but just didn't grab me

Biosphere - Substrata

This is a great album but I bought it based on my peers saying it was the best ambient album ever. It isn't!

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Not a patch on Twisted

Hol Baumann - Human

My first ultimae disappointment. I was expecting great great things from this and it is indeed great. But 1/3 of it was all stuff I'd heard before.

I Awake - The Core

Liked it but it is not really up to Ultimae standards

Just didn't know what to make of this, it wasn't bad but didn't demand too many repeat listens after all. Eat Static have put out so many 100+ listens albums but this one was like under 15

Biosphere - Substrata

This is a great album but I bought it based on my peers saying it was the best ambient album ever. It isn't!

Ye wat 'up with daemn Eat Static, down the drain.

Biosphere really hyped, got it, disappointed, though same thing about Global Communication 76:14 but that was is really exceptional.

Biosphere - Substrata, good call... very overrated

Juno Reactor, last one

Prodigy, last two

Dark Side of the Moog X, after the fantastic part IX I had very high hopes for part X of this cool series but it was a big letdown with too much filler material

Im very surprised to read that. I thought it was one of the best darkpsy albums of 2007

It was a disappointment for me to, I'd always hoped his album would have been more along the lines of "theory of everything" and not so much in the lines of "what everyone else was doing." which wasn't that good that either...

Hol Baumann - Human

My first ultimae disappointment. I was expecting great great things from this and it is indeed great. But 1/3 of it was all stuff I'd heard before.

Well I don't have as many ultimae as I would like so, it turned out to be one of the better ones for me. It is true tracks like Human, had been laying around before, but I fail to see

how something could be a disappointment when you could have read the track-list on the website to find that out, instead of ordering it... not sure I follow.

I Awake - The Core

Liked it but it is not really up to Ultimae standards

I actually kinda liked this one. When I heard the mp3 release, Birth I thought why would Ultimae even release such stuff :mellow:

Well I don't have as many ultimae as I would like so, it turned out to be one of the better ones for me. It is true tracks like Human, had been laying around before, but I fail to see

how something could be a disappointment when you could have read the track-list on the website to find that out, instead of ordering it... not sure I follow.

I order blindly from Ultimae :wub:

Seriously underwhelmed by these two recent releases.

Abakus - We Share The Same Dreams

Eat Static - Back to Earth

And I was dissapointed by Ott - Skylon in comparison to the excellent Blumenkraft.

Ooze - Where The Fields Never End

I had heard so many good things about this album but just didn't grab me

Biosphere - Substrata

Really? Give em another try dude!

My biggest disappointment I can think of right now would be...

Ott - Skylon

Hated it, while I loved both Ott's previous releases.