Do You Read Reviews?

psytones

review poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. whats your poll on reviews?

• I prefer to read reviews of albums I know or/and like
    • I prefer to read reviews of albums I don't know
    • This poll is time consuming
    • I usually only follow some peoples words about music because ..
    • I dont usually don't even read reviews
    • I sort of read everything I camo across as
    • This poll has too many questions
    • Can't poll this!
    • I don't do drugs

i read all the time reviews, but i dont really trust whats on psy news, i have to go on the myspace to see if i like it, but yes, every day i go to diffeernmt site reviews!

wow really? Your like a music review hunter?

If I ever hunt its to read reviews of albums I know and/or really interests me. Its fun to read what people think. Like just now I search review topics like this one I made and found a review Deedrah thread and I had to read through because I love that album. Other then that I'm not a huuge review reader. it depends

2 first for me e. I mean 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7

Speaking as a person who writes reviews, I read a lot of them. I like to see other reviewer's writing style. I check out albums that have artists I like mainly. Death Posture was a great reviewer and Jon has mastered the goa review. Sometimes I will review an album that I thought I would like, but didn't. That review can be a little harsh.

It makes me feel good when people read what I write and either enjoy it or learn something from it.

Mdk

Speaking as a person who writes reviews, I read a lot of them. I like to see other reviewer's writing style. I check out albums that have artists I like mainly. Death Posture was a great reviewer and Jon has mastered the goa review. Sometimes I will review an album that I thought I would like, but didn't. That review can be a little harsh.

It makes me feel good when people read what I write and either enjoy it or learn something from it.

Mdk

Why did you stop writing reviews? (or you didn't)

We have similar tastes so I read all of your reviews (and 90% of the time I agree with you).

The review section of this forum made me register here. I like to read about those releases that i listen to, even those i don't like, just because some of the reviwers can put things the way that i'm gonna like it after. Sometimes i'm just not in a mood and this can prevent me from taking another chance as it was with a lot of ambient releases and darker ones (like KDD). But some of the best reviwers can make you give a certain release another chance - and thet's the key for me.

Well, and if i like the things i'm listening i just want share my opinion naturally and so this whole forum exists in symbiosis.

My choices 1,2 and the last (because i don't).

I read reviews but almost never the track-by-track detailed reviews, except if they are 1-2 lines max per track.

I like to read description about the general music and of course I value a bit more the opinion of certain people :]

Speaking as a person who writes reviews, I read a lot of them. I like to see other reviewer's writing style.

I sort of tilt against not reading others to not get effected but its true what you say. I especially prefer not to read a review of someone else if I know I'm about to write a review of the same album. But I read it after ^^ I usually like direct writing so in the reviews of Ie. Jon, I enjoy his layout and DP I skip or foamread (whats the English word?) the first parts and read the end or Overall thing. Same in magazines or newspaper (games, movies, music) I like to read the end points. The recommendations if you will.

Why did you stop writing reviews? (or you didn't)

We have similar tastes so I read all of your reviews (and 90% of the time I agree with you).

I recently had a son and am getting ready to relocate, and barely have time for listening to music. I recently wrote a review on Isratrance for Chakra's Crossover and Earthling's Hypernature. I am in the process of writing 2 reviews and hopefully they will be done soon.

Like you, I am eagerly awaiting Midnight Storm 4 and anything from Yabbai!

I appreciate you reading my reviews. I hope to get back to doing it on a more consistent basis.

Mdk

Jon, I enjoy his layout and DP I skip or foamread (whats the English word?) the first parts and read the end or Overall thing. Same in magazines or newspaper (games, movies, music) I like to read the end points. The recommendations if you will.

Foamread = skim?

I've done enough full reviews to last a lifetime. I might not ever do another.

I like to read small reviews of albums I don't own.

I like to read detailed reviews of albums I own.

I do't do drugs.

yeah thats a good description of how I feel as well.

Do you smoke cigarettes, drink coffee or alcohol, take aspirin etc? <_<:P

I drink coffee, eat meat and tons of junk food everyday and I don't exercise.

Yes, I'm gonna die younger than all of you :D

I recently had a son and am getting ready to relocate, and barely have time for listening to music. I recently wrote a review on Isratrance for Chakra's Crossover and Earthling's Hypernature. I am in the process of writing 2 reviews and hopefully they will be done soon.

Like you, I am eagerly awaiting Midnight Storm 4 and anything from Yabbai!

I appreciate you reading my reviews. I hope to get back to doing it on a more consistent basis.

Mdk

Hey congratulations! :clapping:

Make your son a Timecode fan! :D

he was talking about THE BAD drugz!!! the ones you mentioned are THE GOOD ones!!! they are all healthy and not addictive :wacko:

Everyone has such different tastes, I have no real respect for reviews, I've lost count of the amount of times I've read a review where the release couldn't be praised enough and then when I've heard it I've been unimpressed.

I'd rather just listen to the samples of a cd on line and make up my own mind than take on someone eles view, because at the end of the day I buy things I like I don't really care what other people think.

Everyone has such different tastes, I have no real respect for reviews, I've lost count of the amount of times I've read a review where the release couldn't be praised enough and then when I've heard it I've been unimpressed.

I'd rather just listen to the samples of a cd on line and make up my own mind than take on someone eles view, because at the end of the day I buy things I like I don't really care what other people think.

but theres so much albums coming out, you can not keep up, you only have to find a reviewer that has the same taste as you

I just can't understand the track-by-track "descriptions" that are featured in most reviews here.

"It made me feel like I was in a forest in a warm summer breeze as the base kicks in, with beautiful synths"

I'd like to see people's imagination stretched to deeper levels than this, so unfortunately I don't read many reviews. Usually the most interesting things I get out of them are 1) if the artist have changed direction or not, 2) genre change, 3) comparison / contrastion to previous works.

I'll do my own daydreaming track by track, thank you. :)

I like to read small reviews of albums I don't own.

I like to read detailed reviews of albums I own.

+1. I also like to read detailed reviews of albums I've ordered while I wait for them to arrive.

^:lol: + one MattMan, i agree, even though my reviews are at times total jalla, I hope they give some sort of amusement to some people I think reviews you write about is also a positive thing because it can reflect the vibe of the album. I'd suggest you read my review of Arsenic to see what I mean, and also the La Mila review which is as cheesy as the album. I think it's nice when the writing style sort of reflects the music. But yes, concrete useful information is gold for unknown and new albums your curious about. But if I know and have an album I can read a lot of detailed descriptions, fantasy writings etc for fun. I remember PKS's reviews on trance.net, they where of poor quality, boring writing style and nothing exiting about them. But they did their job, was short and concrete of what to expect, so I enjoyed them for this fact. When I see reviews by Jon Cocco I enjoy the look and feel of it, but unfortunally I almost never read them, just skim (thanks Basilisk) through and read the end points to get the concrete information I'm after.

So many ways to write a review (and damn time/energy consuming at times!). So many ways to read and listen.

And of course we have the negative shit throwing offensive humorist, direct and fun reviews of Ie. Psyreviews. people love shit.