Wicked Wires (Aka. Delysid) - Magnetic Memoirs (Geomagnetic.TV, Darkstar)

psytones

Wicked Wires (aka Delysid) is Juan Fontoira (Spain) and Andrew Olavarrieta (Brit-Mex) who together released two albums on Noize Conspiracy Records in 2007 and 2008. This year they have decided to release most of their Wicked Wires tracks found spread out on varies compilations on one album. Geomagnetic.TV / Geo-Darkstar is their host for this release - Never before has all of these Wicked Wires tracks been presented in one anthology. Juan has been making music, playing the piano & electric bass, DJ’ing since the year 2000 and found a love for trance back in 1998. Andrew discovered trance around the same era and soon started to produce his own music - He is also a certified sound engineer. Since Wicked Wire has a lot of compilation tracks spread around on different releases and someone thought it would be a good idea to compile them on one album, you got to ask yourself if this is a gem, or a forgettable attempt to get recognition and a few bucks in the pocket.

Wicked Wires (Aka. Delysid) - Magnetic Memoirs (Geomagnetic.TV, Darkstar) 2009 (GEOCD039)

Posted Image

01. Time Machine - - 148 BPM - VA – Bio-Magnetic Therapy

02. Crawling Ghosts - 148 BPM -VA – Grateful Death

03. Don’t Panic (Vs. Brain Hunter) – 148 BPM - VA – Trip Controllers

04. NeoHuman - 148 BPM – VA – Psychic Chakra

05. Illicit Patterns - 148 BPM –VA – Goa Trip Vol. 02 / Return Of The Boom Shanti – Trinity Series Vol. 01

06. Mr. Mars (Vs. Brain Hunter) - 148 BPM – VA – Stompers Agony

07. Neuronal Language Program - 148 BPM – VA – Psychic Chakra

08. Prescribed Drugs (Vs. Brain Hunter) - 148 BPM – VA – Digital Drugs Vol. 01: Double The Dose

09. The Mission - 145 BPM - ?

10. Psychosis Temple - 148 BPM - ?

11. Stompers Agony - 148 BPM – VA – Stompers Agony

These are the memoirs of Wicked Wire..

1. Beats are running fast and melodies are quirky and the vibe is super Full-On with generic sounds and typical pulsating baselines in haste that are interrupted by breaks with samples of time travel and picked up by some take-offs that are supposed to bend and confuse your head and body with giggles? It might be that this track goes in a phase that makes it travel like your in a time machine, but I’m not convinced.

02. Again some more samples while travelled in rushed information with some unsettling melodies and breaks. It’s getting boring and repeating and it’s only the second track. And where did the Ghosts hide, are they crawling in the floor cracks or something?

03. Again we start with some samples and the haste has settled a tad to bring you on a more cruise controlled aim as the sound effects pleasantly drives the music forward while some cute haunting sounds float around its body. After the sample we get wicked wires that are kind of soothing to the sonic ear. A sort of journey feel is hidden inside this track.

04. Still on the same path with running beats and loose swirling melodies and interrupting breaks covered in some samples - Repeating and boring. It’s NeoSomething, I’ll tell you that.

05. Again some more samples that are run over by beats in a rush to get somewhere. Where it’s in such a rush to get I don’t know but as usual it’s interrupted by breaks and some poor melodies that has its charm but just doesn’t cut it. This is not accepted morality.

06. Again the sample and I’m getting curious about what they are talking about, seems like an odd conversation. We are now on the second track where Wicked Wires are collaborating with Brain Hunter who brings a better stability to the journey but still it’s the faithful sound that Wicked Wires brings to the table.

07. Back to the normal hasty beats with breaks surrounded in samples and covered in Wicked Wires melodies.

08. The third and last track with versus on Brain Hunter. This time the tempo starts humpy and slow and we again get samples, this time about subscribed drugs. The beat picks up in tempo only to be shot down by annoying breaks and we are yet again inside what have become to be the Wicked Wires sound. I think what barely saves this track is the touch Brain Hunters adds.

09. The Mission brings the same as the rest. Nothing new shocking or special. Breaks, sample, melody.

10. Agitating melodies to twist your head, samples to put you off and breaks to scramble the signal. Yawn.

11. Same same but not different but kudos on the suitable track title. Stompers all over the globe will feel an intense agony if this track would be played.

Initially when I received the CD and had it in my hands I could smell the vibe it brought and the style it would present. Only surprise was the over use of breaks, the rest was as I thought; Generic. I have a feeling that in an open air dance festival somewhere in Brazil this music takes off! People dancing while screaming and viewing their arms and moping while clenching their fist in the air and biting their teeth so hard over their lip they will feel the agonizing pain of their wounded lip the next day. There are just too many silly breaks to throw you off and seemingly no wholeness in the story telling as the album runs for shelter – It’s a gathering of Wicked Wires tracks and that’s what it feels like, a simple gathering of tracks with no deeper intention of portraying a psychedelic fairytale of good and hope. At best its to amuse the raving party goer or to freak out some person who is uncomfortble in his or her trip - because some of these samples used are not to help, rather than to bury All the tracks are 148 BPM except for track 09 which runs on a 145 Beats Pr. Minute. If you’re after an album that plays a lot on breaks in a Full-On environment with some melodies flying around you, then go fetch. But for the rest, I suggest you stay clear. This isn’t a good psychedelic journey, by far. Its terrible boring and uninspiriting that doesn’t have what it takes to stay alive in a sea filled with music. It’s generic in sound and confusing in spirit. I think this is meant to create confused bad vibes with samples like ‘You Want To Panic?’. I mean, I think I even heard a sample about blood and murder, who in Buddha's name wants to listen to that kind of talk while tripping balls? These tracks of Wicked Wire has a sound that suits the night close to the gloomy light, but without the deep bouldering darkness. What it does have in it's Full-Of realm are some sharp edges that feels like barbwire. To sum the album up in simple words, it would be hasty sound, crazy breaks and wicked wire melodies with samples scattered around. I suggest you get a copy of a VA with Osom music if you want crazy breaks, because they do it proper.

Favorite Tracks: 3, 6, 8

3.4/10 - because it has some sort of fun touch on special ascidian situations.

Where to buy and other links:

Delysid Space: http://www.myspace.comdelysidcooking

Geomagnetic: http://www.geomagnetic.tv

Psyshop.com: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/geo/geo1cd039.html

Saikosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...artist_id=11249

Beatspace: http://beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=4736

More Reviews: http://www.myspace.com/psytonesmusic