What do you prefer ?

exotic

House cat or Dancefloor monkey  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you?

• House cat
    • Dancefloor monkey
    • Both

Where is it that you experience total freedom and oneness with the music?

I have much more fun at home where i don't have to restrict myself going all out. Sometimes at partys i get conscious and am not able to get into the music as much as i would like, i get the feeling everyone is staring at me. I know this is a tad retarded but it happens sometimes, you know :P i get very bored also if the music is not upto the mark and slightly frustrating if i cannot play the kind of music i want.

Home listening experiences more often than not with friends have been awesome times.. the trance state of mind comes easier to me in familiar surroundings.

Probably which is why i have stopped going for partys altogether. Hope im not getting old :unsure:

Given a choice what would you go for? What is more fun for you?? :)

Vote for House Cat.

I've got the feeling that party is just not that much about the music but more for the getting together thing.

Like two years ago i was partying all the time and having all the decent time smoking, sniffing, drinking, eating and i'm not talking about soda and salads :P

But somehow music became so important for me and i began djing and later also i quit all that bull-shit with chemicals and alcohol, i just can't get into the atmosphere anymore. But... when i'm listening to my favourite tracks at home i'm overwhelmed with happiness.

Parties lost it's charm for me as a party-animal but more serious attitude to my dj performances appeared instead.

home is where the party is

I love the freedom of being able to do whatever I want without fear of some sort of social rejection

and also, living in California - there simply are not that many great parties around where I live

so I have to make it up as I go along

too bad, because I would not mind the occasional party or even a club that plays good music

voted both because I love the feeling of the music physically hitting you at a party (due to awesome setups) which my budget just can't come close to achieving, but like Ormion I feel I appreciate the music more at home where I can pick and choose and know who the hell it is I'm listening to at any one time :)

A fantastic party though, with the right people and the best lineups, gets difficult to beat. There just aren't as many awesome ones as there are mediocre ones round here.

Party. Always. I was born a raver, and as such I will die.

The energy. The joy. The lights. The torrents of sound waves surmounting you at the speed of your dance.

All those happy faces, the people with whom you share the apprecication of just plain being there and getting exposed to all that fantastic music. Ah, as for the music: trainspotting. Hearing some amazing track at a party and then trying to ID it as the strobostropic lights make the rest of the party crowd look like R2D2 in your eyes. Parties, most definitely!

Where is it that you experience total freedom and oneness with the music?

I have much more fun at home where i don't have to restrict myself going all out. Sometimes at partys i get conscious and am not able to get into the music as much as i would like, i get the feeling everyone is staring at me. I know this is a tad retarded but it happens sometimes, you know :P

I know that feeling, but I also know the sollution for it :)

Posted Image

If you get over the paranoia, there's nothing like dancing to loud psychedelic music at a party, becoming one with the music, completely careless about what people think... I've figured that the more stupid you know you look, the less you care... If you just let yourself go, stomping like a mad-man, then you KNOW you look stupid and you know that people think you look stupid, which makes the "oh no, am I looking stupid now?" feeling into a "I know I look stupid and I don't give a fuck" feeling... Get my point :) ?

I voted "both" btw

home is where the party is

I love the freedom of being able to do whatever I want without fear of some sort of social rejection

and also, living in California - there simply are not that many great parties around where I live

so I have to make it up as I go along

too bad, because I would not mind the occasional party or even a club that plays good music

+1 :D

though, there are few good ones every now and then :drama:

I wanted to vote both but I haven't been to a party I haven't played at in quite a while now & I really enjoy listening at home so a housecat I am :)

I voted home, or personal listening. I've never been to any goa party before, they don't even exist here. I only know 2 people that like goa trance at all, and both prefer fullon psytrance! :wank:

At home I usually pace back and forth while listening to the music or lie down and fall asleep to it if I'm tired. I also listen to it when running or working out, driving or doing other boring things sometimes.

Difficult question

I prefer at home most of the time

BUT

I have had more 'oneness with the music' expiriences at parties/clubs.

A great dj can change your life...

But seriously, the energy of a great party can take you away.

It doesn't happen often though.

Difficult question

I prefer at home most of the time

BUT

It doesn't happen often though.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well....I love listening on nice headphones (insert shameless head-fi.org plug here) however, you can't pass up a good party....dancing with gorgeous women, great sound, etc...

I'd say both!

When the atmosphere's good, a party can be totally awesome! Wonderfully loud sound, a live set you'll never hear again that way, some good alcohol and some nice people, hey, what do you want more? I can't have that all at home, no way! I've already had some great experiences on the dancefloors out there ... and also on the ambient floors :) ... and they would never have been possible at home that way in that intensity.

Parties, however, can be sucky (or "not that special", that's already bad enough) too. They depend on many things - luck, money, good sound, good people, good timing, good happenings, my own wellbeing (can't enjoy it when I'm ill) and more. Plus every time you have a great experience, you tend to chase it next time, so you become used to it over time and thus the joy curve is flattening. That's why a lot of parties actually are not great (or "not that great anymore"). But once you manage that everything's perfect, which still happens every once in a while, then it's wonderful bliss ^_^

At home I'm independent of all those fragile factors that make a party great - I choose the time, I choose the music, I choose everything. That makes it a lot easier to have a good experience. And well, because it's so easy, I like that aswell.

But it can't beat the greatness of a really perfect night out - I'm thinking of a night of that "first Finntroll humppa metal madness, then Solar Fields divine chill time"-nights, you can never beat that by staying at home, never!

so actually, although I'd say both, morale commands me to vote for the dancefloor monkey, but alas, me stupid have already voted for "both", so yeah, forget it...

Depends what type of party you are talking about...

I never was a fan of nightclubs, so a whole new world was opened to me when I went to my first outdoor rave in the Negev.

This is because of the atmosphere and the feeling you get from the crowd... as it also depends a lot on the type of people that come to such an event.

Unlike in a nightclub or any other type of dancing venue, you won't see people who come to make an impression but purely for the fun and atmosphere.

And of course because of the type of music that is exclusively played :)

Quite my thoughts. In home of course you're in charge of the music. In that perspective home listening is great. But a nice outdoors setting, good music, people dancing to the beat... at best, it's madzik.

• 2 weeks later...

I go for house cat, i have a really nice cat at home it's my grandmother's cat calls Nina, she listens to filteria and good goa and nitzhonot, but when i mix terranoie or highkosmos at night she goes for a walk lolol

I vote for house only because of the trance scene here in Portugal.

Parties no more are the same and a change is needed. many topics here about that question, so i prefer home free parties with some friends! not alone really, just for the hard work!

peace and btw, U.F.Orb till now, kindzadza killed cat and many other things out there ;) and he's preparing for the WORLD DESTRUCTION!! ehe he's a master...