05 Cerberus

06 Charon the Ferryman

07 The Tavern, The Rebels, And The Secret Oath

08 A Gruesome Plan

09 The Black Mass

10 Edward to the Rescue!

11 The Chase

12 A Colourful End

It has been a while since I was first amazed by Principles of Flight when they released their debut album Night Time Lullabies back in December of 2006. Nearly 2 and half years later Pierre Delort & Remy Maurin are back with their follow up album Chaos Opera. When the debut is so good the second album can always be tricky. Stay with the same sound then people will call you boring, repetitive & lacking in ideas. Stray too far from your original sound and the people who loved your first album may easily hate your second. Successful artists in this reviewer’s humble opinion manage to keep the atmosphere of their first album but build on it with fresh ideas and more experience technically leading to better production. I believe that Principles of Flight have succeeded very well indeed. Chaos Opera has managed to keep everything I loved about the first album, the concept, the story telling feeling, the mix of up-tempo tracks and downtempo intermissions, the energy & the mix of beats are great. It has also managed though to build on Night Time Lullabies, the production seems cleaner, the fullon baselines while still integral, and fit so well that at times you’ll never notice them; none of them are dominant like many of the high tempo Psytrance that is released nowadays. The psychedelic level I believe has been raised as well if you are crazy chaotic sounds that sound like little monsters hiding just behind that tree then you’ll agree with me that the trippiness here is fantastic. At times I get the feeling that I am listening to a movie soundtrack, with the orchestral feel there & the progression of each track & of the album as a whole I can picture the story in my head.

I listened to the album a few times before I read the story in the booklet to see what story my head created before my feeling was distorted by someone else’s words. I imagined dark lands full of dense forests, small towns and morose inns. I imagined traveling through this land with strange creatures lurking in the forest and in the bars, eyes on me all the time. I imagined a journey to find something lost, a journey with stranger creatures becoming more common and forbidden enjoyment working its way out. When I did finally read the story in the booklet I was surprised to see that although there were more details (and of course characters) the story felt like I had imagined, a sign I think of music well made around Pierre and Remy’s concept.

“Once upon a time in a far distant land, a land where the only colours were black and white, a land where laughing and smiling was forbidden and where clowns were locked away into dungeons, a land where people had to follow strict rules and where amusement was controlled by a militia, lived a little girl, Eleanor. The day she turned eight, Eleanor had come to terms with the fact that she was going to die - not now, of course, but it would happen eventually, just as it had happened to her dog Woofy, a brave old dog that had reached the age of eighteen. Now you might find it odd for an eight year old girl to think of Death, but in the land where Eleanor lived, it was not an uncommon thought, as starvation and disease were both pretty ordinary.”

The start of the story for me describes the atmosphere of the album very well. It is dark yet innocent, classical yet contemporary, mature yet it has a youthful glow. I am really enjoying the sounds used here and the number of layers. I notice new things on every listen, something I often find with ambient albums but much less often with trance albums. Someone once asked me for recommendations for trance with dark ambient atmospheres. At the time my mind went blank as I tried desperately to think of this album. Really this is the best description I can think of, great high energy trance music with dark ambient atmospheres. The best thing is that they probably never had that in mind and it has evolved naturally with better results than I could have imagined.

I really can’t recommend this enough. Any fans of Principles Of Flight – Night Time Lullabies should really enjoy this, as I said above it is a brilliant follow up, not to similar to the debut with fresh ideas & cool new concepts but it still has that POF air about it that will have made you fall in love with Night Time Lullabies. If you have never heard Night Time Lullabies but you like conceptual Psytrance albums with a dark edge (I have called this dark a few times but it is so far away from what is known as dark psy) and a hell of a lot of psychedelic goings on then you would do well to get this & Night Time Lullabies at the same time. Listen to the debut first as this album is even better.

As an album it is amazing as you really must listen to it as a whole to get the whole thing but even on such great albums there are standout tracks. If the first 10 tracks are amazing then The Chase is out of this world, mind blowingly orgasmic stuff! Combined with A Colourful End it feels like one long track which twists and turns throughout. For a track that starts out energetic it is amazing how it manages to build in energy throughout, the sort of paradoxical building that seems to build and build yet stay the same all the way. There are tracks that no matter where you are when you listen to them you have to pull that stupid “I’m loving this face” and do some weird dancing either head bobbing or something with your hands. The embarrassment of looking like a weirdo at the station is far outweighed by my enjoyment of this track. Dance like there is nobody watching no matter where you are. In A Colourful End the beats change into a drum & bass style and satisfies my hunger for a genre I love but which I feel always sounds the same. These I do believe will be the best tracks I hear this year. Of course I’d love to be proven wrong but it will take something really special to beat these 10/10 tracks. There could have been no better way to finish an album than this. My pattern so far has been to repeat these tracks then start the whole album again.

This is my favourite album this year so far by a country mile. Not just in the up-tempo genre but of all genres, this like 2007’s Sienis - From A Nutter Perspective has reignited my love of dance floor music.

Thank you Pierre & Remy for this inspiring album!

Track By Track Analysis

1. Into the Lands of Black and White

A nice intro here, soft strings and piano at the start create an old world atmosphere. Dark sounds set a dark mood and double bass like synths build & build the intensity in almost classical style.

2. Chaos Opera

This starts very soft, continuing from the opening track and sounds something like a child’s lullaby from a horror movie before they discover the baby is the devil or something. When the beats kick in they are accompanied by a tight little fullon on baseline which while noticeable doesn’t dominate the track but helps drive this very energetic track. Lots of weird background noise sounds like some monster trying to sing while wet little synth sounds morph into a very acidic synth line driving the energy even faster. There is creaking reminding me of some of the first psy I heard in GNOTR’s Optimum Creakage. The beat is heavy and throughout this track it has an amazingly oppressive atmosphere full of chaotic sounds and techy noises. When the track breaks down it shows some great melody that continues when the beat kicks back in but the feeling of the track is slightly brighter. This has been a very nice opening to the album but it gets even better!

3. The Queen of the Dead (Feat. Talpa)

We fly into this track with some lush chimes before the beats kick in with sharp synths slicing through the background into the foreground like a swinging sword. Huge rushes of sound feel like something is rising up through the ground and the wet sounds that kind of plop really quickly make me feel like I am covered in some kind of ectoplasm while dancing like a madman in some huge empty auditorium. The feeling of being in auditorium is highlighted by the feeling of melody. It feels like it is surrounding me, as if it is echoing off the walls in such a grandiose space. The melody is very reminiscent of Talpa’s music but to be honest this is better than anything I have heard from Talpa going solo. The progression of the track is great, with nice leads, trance rolls just at the right places and energy kicking off enough to bring a huge grin to your face. It ends with the melody again then some soft classical piano and softer rain.

4. Eleanor's Theme

The rain and piano lead us into Eleanor’s Theme a beautiful melancholic opening which kicks off but not straight into a danceable beat but more like some slow but heavy tribal rhythms. I get the feeling of bondage, capture & the promise of very bad things. This is a great intermission between the upbeat tracks that really adds to the atmosphere and the storytelling feeling.

5. Cerberus

Boom! Straight into a fast beat and some oscillating synths sounds. When the melody comes in it is nothing like any of the ones before, the pitch is low almost like it is growling at us. A much higher pitched melody sounds like it is replying and when they merge I get a sense of accomplishment. Another wonderfully layered track with lots going on all over it and neat progression, the melody comes and goes, changes sounds but always has the same feeling. The music breaks down with glitchy chaotic sounds and then just some bizarre oscillation that somehow manages to act as a drum roll and lets the music kick back in. Somehow the energy is missed at this point but I don’t know if that was the point or not.

6. Charon the Ferryman

A long dark misty drone starts this track with beats emerging from the fog and blowing it away quickly. This is more chaotic and glitchy than any of the preceding tracks with a lot more noises crammed into the foreground and less in the background. The resulting feeling is like being on a turbulent river, battling against the swirls and eddies. The track is certainly maximal with more optimum creakage like my raft is being torn apart in this maelstrom of sound. Going full pelt almost all the way through there is not much progression but it is perfectly placed in the album that it carries through nicely.

7. The Tavern, The Rebels, And The Secret Oath

This track really does have a secretive feeling around the start. The strings and other orchestral sounds add that old world feeling again at the start and a high pitched sound in the build up like a spectral whisper. There are lots of weird sounds that in my head sound like deformed ethereal spirits speaking to me and wanting me to do something for them. These sounds build into a nice melody, which is as infectious as it is simple and when joined by a similar synth line just twists around my head spitting the acid later into my soft brain matter. From simple beginnings this track gets more and more intense, busier and more maximal. By the middle of the track there is almost an overload of sounds and the sensation it creates when it clears feels like some kind of urgent chase. The siren like sounds add to this feeling which continues right through to the end, cool stuff.

8. A Gruesome Plan

Another great soft yet heavy, dark ambient intro from which emerges a twisted melody wound tight and rolling through the black air in front of me. The orchestral feeling comes back and without the heavy beat it still manages to keep a lot of energy. When it breaks down into just the piano you realise how much energy & tension was created from just those sounds. Later a tight baseline comes under the piano, nice cool beats that are as relentless as they are magically tribal. I can imagine mad shamans summoning dark powers when I listen to this track, picture Fantasia with a twisted monster and much more psychedelic offerings.

9. The Black Mass

You can feel the intensity, which was pretty high in the beginning started to build now with the atmosphere becoming darker and spacier. Feeling more open but still filled with some intangible substance. There are more of the hyperspace type sounds I love so much in Goa but here they sound deeper, darker and when surrounded by haunting ghostly wails much more menacing. I can feel creatures from another dimension pushing against the walls of my reality both around my physical being and inside my head. The melody just adds to the intensity like these dark creatures are desperate for some depraved pleasure at my expense & if they come through I might just enjoy the sensation of being ripped apart.

10. Edward to the Rescue

With the intensity building there is little in the way of a gap between the beats from The Black Mass and this. The beats here though seem quicker, the baseline more prominent but still never dominating and the spacey atmosphere has gone into a subterranean overdrive. If you can imagine a huge planet hollowed out so that you can have a spacey feeling while being underground then you might be close to understanding this feeling. The beats continue to change, with a tight funky beat emerging slightly before getting drowned by the dance floor stuff, like flying though a small tunnel into another equal planet sized cavern. The sense of urgency builds and builds even when the music breaks down, it feels like when you run into a room and you know there is something there you need but you have no idea where to look. You are pretty still but no less urgent. Important thing found and it’s time to run again, the beats of this track really make me feel like running & I can picture myself running on the ceiling of the enormous domed cavern I have found myself in.

11. The Chase

Way to save the best for last, this track is the bomb!!! Along with the last track this is my favourite on the album, they act as a double climax to such a great album. The huge baseline, the twisted, incomprehensible synths and the massive beats just drive and drive and drive. The sample “Chaos” is I think the only word in the entire album and it is as effective as it is surprising; the fact that it comes so unexpectedly and is over so soon is perplexing and delightful. The utter chaotic craziness of all the synths, sounds and whatnots that follow is mind blowing. The high pitch synth line that follows the second and third utterances of “Chaos” is pretty much fit inducing. Be prepared to dance like nobody’s around wherever you hear this. This is crazy mental nutcase psy at its very best.

12. A Colourful End

A top draw Drum & Bass track to end with, I love Drum & Bass but often feel that most of it sounds too much like everything else in the genre so it is great to hear some Psy & Bass. I would really really like to hear more of this sound. This is another climax so soon after the climax of The Chase. The strings, the atmosphere and the amazing beats just make me feel like going mental every time I hear them. This is a fantastic ending to a fantastic album. We are slowly brought down with some soft piano in the last minute drifting slowly back into the real world and wanting instantly to go back to Principles Of Flight’s.

Principles of Flight – Chaos Opera

Artist: Principles of Flight

Title: Chaos Opera

Label: Timecode Records

Format: CD (digipack)

Release: 01 May 2009

Catalog: TCCD026

Posted Image

About the members of PoF:

Remy was born in Sweden in 1984; he started his music creation at an early age and rapidly started to produce Psy-Trance. His influences are mostly classical, and his talents go from Psychedelic trance to film-score music. He has also worked together with video game developers to create sound design and music. With a solid orchestrating and composing experience, he has orchestrated most of PoF’s classical themes.

Pierre was born in France in 1982; he started to enjoy electronic music at the age of 13 and his diverse influences led him to work with all styles of music from rock, metal, electro, trance and techno to minimal. He is also a member of Krugger Flaps, a French electro project and in 2007 he started his own minimal techno project named Stu Altik, which has already released 5 tracks in a short space of time.

Posted Image

Promotional words:

Principles of Flight was created in 2004 by Remy and Pierre. Their desire was to bring something new to the psychedelic scene. After a few months of collaboration they rapidly got their first live set ready and played for the first time at the Rahkti Dei festival in Belgium. At this point they decided to push their collaboration a little bit further and started producing intensively as well as releasing tracks on various compilations. Their unique combination of dance-floor smashing beats and gloomy melodies was soon recognized to be one of the most original nightly oriented FullOn Psy-Trance music. Pierre and Remy quickly established themselves on the French Psy-Trance scene and actively collaborated with other respected actors of night FullOn trance music like Phonic Request and Early Reflection. In 2006, they started working on their debut album and after almost a year of intensive creation "Night Time Lullabies" was released in December of 2006 on BooM! Records.

Now PoF are back with an epic story of Chaos Opera which is a fairytale about a twin brother and sister separated, the story starts like this: "Once upon a time in a far distant land, a land where the only colors of life were black and white, a land where laughs and smiles were forbidden and where clowns were sent to dungeons, a land where life had to obey strict rules and where amusement was controlled by a militia, lived a little girl, Eleanor." It tells the story of Eleanor and Edward, two twins living in a colorless world, and the incredible journey, which Edward undertakes to look for his sister in the Land of the Dead. A whole world came out of the imaginations of Pierre, Remy, and Nicolas Delort, the artist behind Chaos Opera's visual universe. To read more about the journey, read the story portrayed inside the 24 page booklet of Chaos Opera.

Chaos Opera comes in a luxury digipak triptych with a virtuoustically illustrated 24 page booklet which contains both an English and Japanese translations of Pierre Delort's original Chaos Opera story. The disc is released on Timecode Records based in South-Africa and their digital release will contain extended versions of the 8 dance-floor tracks of the album which has been made longer in the beginning and at the end so that DJ’s can mix them in their set with a smooth approach – Which is a great initiative by Timecode and PoF!!

Posted Image

Track list (chapters)

01 - Into the Lands of Black and White

02 - Chaos Opera

03 - The Queen of the Dead (feat. Talpa)

04 - Eleonor's Theme

05 - Cerberus

06 - Charon the Ferryman

07 - The Tavern, The Rebels, And The Secret Oath

08 - A Gruesome Plan

09 - The Black Mass

10 - Edward to the Rescue!

11 - The Chase

12 - A Colorful End

Posted Image

Recommendation: If you are one of many who misses the story telling contribution of The Misted Muppet’s epic album, From the Legend, this is what you have been waiting for all of these years! As a follow-up to Principle of Flight’s debut storytelling album, Night Time Lullabies, this is stronger, heavier and even more epic-action packed in your face with loads of cliffhanger moments. It’s mad in emotion as you can feel the intensity of the main character rescuing his sister from the terrible creatures of death and heavy in sensation as he travels through land, sea and forests.

Where their debut NTL had a more Full-On touch and softer approach, Chaos Opera has a hard hitting Techno vibe to a FullOn-PsyTrance realm. As usual the artwork by Nicolas is beautiful and soft and Pierre's stories are exiting and enchanting for both young and old. There are loads of theatrical scenes scattered through the 12 chapters to be experience under the hard grey driving power that is the main sound theme of Chaos Opera. When experiencing the music from deep inside, you will be able to hear and see a magnificent and intense story being told that will for sure expand your existence and thrill you with imagination. It can get tiring as a whole, but still you won’t get enough of its juice because there are many emotions and areas to explore. The guys behind PoF spent more than 2 years perfecting the Chaos Opera story, artwork and music, so I would think that if you like what you hear you would take the effort of buying the music so that you will support the artists and encouraging them to make a third story for us to experience and love. This is magic, this is driving psychedelia with a storytellers touch.

8.9/10 - Because it's a wonderful and exiting story but wears you out.

Posted Image

Original Story Written by Pierre Delort

Japanese Translation by Yuka Tanaka

Artwork by Nicolas Delort - www.nicolasdelort.com

Mastering by Johannes Regnier

Where to buy and other links:

PoF: http://www.principlesofflight.com

PoFSpace: http://www.myspace.com/principlesofflight

PoFvirb: http://virb.com/principlesofflight

PurePoF: http://www.purevolume.com/principlesofflight

ReverbPoF: http://www.reverbnation.com/principlesofflight

Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Principles+Of+Flight

Timecode: http://www.timecode.co.za

Saikosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7870

Psyshop.com: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tcc/tcc1cd026.html

Beatspace: http://beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=4907

Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content...372/chaos_opera

Wirikuta: http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...owDetail=218312

Bonus music-review story by pietones:

Chaotically Operational Defiance (Inspired by Principle of Flight - Chaos Opera)

Chapter one: We start out incredibly breathtakingly strong with a powerful intro of a feeling that something exiting is about to happen, something special and adventures is about to crash your existence into weird oblivion. The sounds of thrills fills your empty void, the beats manifest themselves in grotesque glory. And we are off to the land of Black and White!!

Chapter two: Beats are sturdy and strong as the drama begins, the sounds cover everything around and the baseline is followed by some crunching sound effects that are about to rip your sanity apart in howling screams and growling atmospheres. It’s quit strong the impression they manage to create with the effects that follows the beats in to the ultimate story of tomorrow presented by the principle of flight and its ultimate Opera of Chaos. The effects keeps on chasing each other, some horrid queen like creature stands in your path with gnarling teeth and smelly drool. It’s blocking the way to reach where ever we might be going. With an upper-cut of perfection and a powerful jiujutsu kick we get the ragged queen of the dead out of the away! Our feet with long toenails takes a good grab of the surface we try to run on to step it up hard and intense. To run we have to do, because beats are after our shoe, boohoo. .

Chapter three: As we run along the forest trail a lake covered in purple fog is encountered. Jumps on water we do, jumps on clarity we perceive. In the ocean we swim, deep down we dive to sea monsters we seek. Inside a cave of alien lights we crawl to find a treasure hold of sinful gold. Up the latter we climb and inside the forest we end up with strange monsters covered in moss handing us a potion of magic mushroom to twist it up. Settle down, relax your running feet Sais the misfiled trolledidoll. Something weird is happening, I start to feel like a jumping rabbit with laughing manners. Boing boing this is action to the ejaculation. The air seems so moist, why are we in such a perfect poise? A glowing Cerberus and insects alike, we all run to the UFO that hovers around the hemp field in disguise.

Chapter four: Tension grabbing us now as the wind blows stronger than ever before taking us up in the air like a swirling tomato of starlight and delight. We Land on a mountain, entering lethal ledges of eagles and kites that push us down to the ground without a fight - Tumbling down the side of the cliff. Bump, klump, dump. As we fall flat on our face in this fantastic race we encountering some beautiful sirens of the muddy forest - Whisper enchanting words of sensuality and fairytales they do, come closer we must because lovely they sound. A garden of eve appears with dripping colors of acid rain to wash our running sweat off. Presented with apples and cold lemonade, tastes so good, feels so relaxing, think I could stay for while? Maybe I could rest my head forever and ever? Wonder how mom is feeling in heaven, hope she is having a beautiful time and thinks of me from time to time

Chapter five: .. b-but what’s the deal? Why are the sirens forming cruel formations? What happen to the green grass, why is it all grey and dried up like rocks? I better not make any sudden moves, they seem to have anger in their eyes, a lust of detention, my heart and soul they need to bleed – Scary shit so don’t let them feed. Let’s get out of here, take this gigantic robot chicken I will, its useful, long steps it is able to take. Their chasing me now but this seems to go smooth, just a little bit further now, I think I see the discotheque of fun and run where the world will swirl around and around inside a spiral where the center point brings us to redemption of tension, kind of feels like a sensation.

Chapter six: As I get further inside the disco a flock of oggabogga creatures are stepping by my side to speak some words of wiggle and waggle. They say; ‘It might be possible that one steps in shallow quicksand, watch out, don’t stop and keep on running if it even means you’ll be walking or sleeping. When it’s passed you will find friends of party and smiles. Smoking games and dancing they will do to please their guest who is you, so what to do – Get inside a loop, but be careful, they might call on a troop to take a poop - Hahahaha’ – quiet now, inside this disco castle there will be no humored lyrical nonsense going on, to get on with your story you must pass these challenges of needle breaks and automating marbles inside a beach hut of despair and love actualization. Jump and pump to see if you can reach the moaning beat that rests in the far end of your chest and then you can rest – You are the best. Crazy moods of swing and swung is going mutter and nothing is more healthy then to scream it out loud to let them know you are there to be marbled and horrified in one existence. Very confusing it can be we know, but relax not yet because mysteries mind altering chases will always be present of daylight and moon raking grudges.

Chapter seven: Wild and funky squirrels chew their coconuts to demonstrate their ability to flip out in the night. Party down them does in the forest jungle of micro-supplicated bushes and trees. Take this pill and it will make you rise like bubbles in a bottle of soda-pop, don’t stop the rock a sailor proclaims. But remember; don’t drop unless you feel like a flop. These words I tell you right before you enter our ship to sail the 11 oceans of consciousness. Rough work you must do to stay on board or else the plank you will walk and there will be no talk. Nailing away rust we do, washing the wooden floor we crave because salvation comes in these drops of flops. Beneath the wooden deck jewels and margins we have to buy what we like in the 11 oceans of consciousness. Our Parrots are green, red and yellow, purple is their beak and white is their wing tips - Talk they do does as well in harmony to see what you feel.

Chapter eight: Beautiful and majestic whales approach, peace they bring yet harpoons the pirates shoot. Why this madness against the larger cetacean mammals having a streamlined body and breathing through a blowhole on the head? Do they have gold in their bellies to be captured? Do you need to sparrow the giants that floats in our conscious, can we not learn instead of attacking in the awful name of greed? – Off the ship screams the captain!! Fight for your right, to party, to live and most of all, to be! Sticks are what I use to fight and swords they use to cut your right. Up the pole I climb to catch the wing of a pigeon to escape the ship of drama and balaba. Heavy is the burden we never experienced.

Chapter nine: Fly me away to where the grass is soft and the trees are wise. Fly me away to the place where dreams are made to prosper in solitude accompanied only by nature. Settle your feet on the ground to meet the love of your life, glide over the horizon, see the ship being brought down by gigantic squids and feel the whales float in peace to hymn their song of grace in the ocean of eternal consciousness. Feel the pain of hate, feel the pride of love, take your heart and spin it off to a grave of flowers and harmony. Fall through the meadow of silky light, feel the pain being removed because you are the reason for so many to be and to feel. Experience it all, be as you are - Strange music played on strings.

Chapter ten: As you stand on the deep end of beauty you face the rightful face of judgment. Deep footsteps are hard to follow. Keep an eye up for the adventures you are facing in the dance you are racing. Don’t give up on the dreams that perceive your ego. Laugh it off while making facial expressions of joy and pain twisted in one sensational time of restless plants and shimmering light. People are talking behind and people are walking around to escape the approachable experience of truth. Some say hello, others look for what they will not like. What is the truth of your soul, your eccentric troll. Crawl like a crow to dodge the howling moon, dodge like a lightning to escape the grasping control. Have fun, all the time. Try to like it all and to be not in control to enjoy the rock and the roll.

Chapter eleven: Put on your breaks from time to time, witness the miracle of life and see the dark night sky with clouds getting cleared by the moon light to inspire nightly hunters and flowers alike. Feed on this night of magical light and pulsating energy. Feel the sting of ray and let it heal your chakras of freight and endless flight. Push the box off the steep hill, let it shatter on the ocean waved floor. Crush the label and throw it away so it might get absent and feel the tingling delight of flight and summery angels that calls out to the wind in questioning awe of wonders and stories to be told for years to come. Let the string jump from compassion to romantic hope and work up the angelic power - Never will it fail, never will it prevail, because It is there for you to feel. Exiting the threshold feels, external the rush climbs on an altering fountain.

Chapter twelve: Phjuh, can you see, what Im trying to perceive? Can you walk in these shoes? Can you feel the classical blues? Try hard to exist, try hard and resist. This is the power of now. Run as lightly with heavy shoes, but remember to walk and talk, don’t ever think about closing your eyes and sink in the brink of destruction and pain. Use it as an osculating vehicle. Let the paranoiac beats be in their own despair while you groove it to the move it. Bust that move, crunch that beat you freak. Let it break into pieces you can carry along and feel the Chaos because life is a long Opera for you to rumble and tumble but don’t worry, it ends good like eating scrumptious cheese in motorized motion without too much lotion. Life can seem rough and chaotic on the top, but dive deep and see the marvelous story being told inside the ride. Enjoy the system in Chaos. Think faster, faster, faster and faster until it can’t escalate no more and the whole mind alters to an abstract pleasure of drums and bass, because you have reach home where the drama is strong but love has never been gone, oh sweet home, won’t you come where the laughter roams, back home.

Daggadaggaziggediragga. Love to the bone!

again Principles Of Flight manages to create psychedelic trance @ it's best,

a good atmosphere / story, detailed and no mistakes left behind.

This is pure talent combined with creativity = a new fresh wind :-))

good work and bring it on :posford:

again Principles Of Flight manages to create psychedelic trance @ it's best,

a good atmosphere / story, detailed and no mistakes left behind.

This is pure talent combined with creativity = a new fresh wind :-))

good work and bring it on :posford:

you meant House trance..no?! :lol:

I DID NOT !!!!!!!!

listen again ;)

ps: house trance does not exist, influences true, but I don't find them here at a high level :rolleyes:

then you got it all wrong...or you just forgot what the word "Psychedelic" really stands for :mellow:

and "House trance" do exist, i just imagine it and make it real

just like people did for any other thing you see on this planet :)

then you got it all wrong...or you just forgot what the word "Psychedelic" really stands for :mellow:

Ok... So how do you define "House-trance"?.. And in which way do you think PoF sounds like "House-trance"?..

In my opinion this is as far away from House as you would come, but on the other hand i´m no expert in the House-genre.

This will be interresting...

the word psychedelic stands for what I as individual experience as psychedelic my friend,

it is not up to you to define what I experience,

I just imagine it and make it real :P

as a conscious being yes, i am trying do define what you said and experienced, to put some sence to it. :)

its a matter of perception..

someone could watched a movie like a "xXx" and say: Wow this is really mind expanding movie, as oppose to "Velveteen Rabbit" and say..that`s a kids movie.

and that was the hole point of my question?

to see your mind "manifest" , no? ;)

This album has a hard cutting Techno edge to it and inside these hard techno layers you will find a multiverse of events. there is a lot of details in the sounds that are hard to notice and appreciate unless you dive inside the music. this is authentic fairytale Psytrance with techno and glitch tendencies ready to exite and smash your head in. Brutal in it's beauty.

Wow psytones! There's a lot of effort in your review. Now i can read it as a poem :wub:

lol thanks man. But I wouldn't hold my breath in finding anything genius in it :D It could use a major editing job, and the chapter sections isn't in sync with the music's chapters because I wrote it fast while listening to the music and then made chapters as I read it. The karate mooves on the queen, it's actually written while the dogs are blocking the path. Oh well. *thanks for taking a written notice though! (I'm very pleased about the title)

for sure if you have download the psycz rip, which is actually the extended versions meant for dj's and are meant to be mixed... and have around 3mins added to all tracks... i can understand that you find it boring....

I downloaded the rip you mentioned and fell in love so I bought the album of course (waiting for it to arrive :)). It is unbelievable that itcould be even a little bit better than the extended version. :posford: I just love it!

I didn't find this album to very good at all but it seems like I'm alone. It was totally uninteresting to me and I didn't find it to be very psychedelic at all. I wonder what's wong with me.

I'm with you. There are some brilliant moments here and there. I especially like the climax in the first track. BUT. This album smells so techno - it's more techno than it's psytrance dare I say. There are a lot of sections on this album that repeat themselves far longer than they should. I get the feeling artists behind this are thinking "what should we do next?..." The very good parts on this album reveal the PoF guys are talented - it's not like they had no creativity and were forced to do repetitive music. But they did - half an album. There's good repetitiveness and one of bad quality - this falls into latter category I'm afraid. A lot of this album is built solely on bad ass basskick - it's a trick nice to hear to once in a while, yet this card won't win yours truly over for the whole duration of the album.

To summarize: Well, listen before you buy. This is definitely one of those cases. If you're into techno the chances are you'll like this. I find this album to lack enough quality to validate a purchase.

for sure if you have download the psycz rip, which is actually the extended versions meant for dj's and are meant to be mixed... and have around 3mins added to all tracks... i can understand that you find it boring....

:lol:

I confess...

wait, let me get this right: you just gave a comment on repetiveness of the "club-mixes", that are supposed to be mixed by DJs and thus feature enlengthened parts (3 minutes per track).

the POF-albums are conceptual pieces that work best in their entirety. that clearly emphasizes the importances of the interludes and downtempo parts. you should really give the actual album a re-listen. if you liked parts of the club-mixes, i guess you might think better of the real album.

@oopie

i think it's really not fair that you base your "review" upon a version which is NOT the actual album. i have no problem at all with people dislikin our music, but this album is a concept album and in order to give it a proper judgement i think you really have to have the WHOLE album with the 12 tracks, artwork and story.

peace..

@oopie

i think it's really not fair that you base your "review" upon a version which is NOT the actual album. i have no problem at all with people dislikin our music, but this album is a concept album and in order to give it a proper judgement i think you really have to have the WHOLE album with the 12 tracks, artwork and story.

peace..

I guess there lies some truth in your words. But take into consideration the amount of crap released these days, and you should follow my 'listen before you buy' mentality.

You're saying these tracks I heard are different (longer) versions of what one finds on the album. But in the end, they're not made by psycz group are they? No, they're made by you. I'm not sure what's the motive to release two different versions of the album. You're saying they're more 'DJ friendly' I say they're boring - how about not making different promo versions with long repetitive bassline segments at all, how about giving out promos of the actual release in the first place? This way 1) The potential 'listen before you buy' customers actually know what they're getting. 2) You wouldn't get "unfair" reviews such as mine.

Artwork (or story) won't affect my personal judgement, althou I'm aware they're important to some. I do like your graphic design thou. The ground reason for artwork in the first place is to make an album individual - or to make myself more clear: to be able to distinguish one release from another. And that's exactly the value of artwork for me.

wait, let me get this right: you just gave a comment on repetiveness of the "club-mixes", that are supposed to be mixed by DJs and thus feature enlengthened parts (3 minutes per track).

the POF-albums are conceptual pieces that work best in their entirety. that clearly emphasizes the importances of the interludes and downtempo parts. you should really give the actual album a re-listen. if you liked parts of the club-mixes, i guess you might think better of the real album.

Good thoughts there.

Tell you what. If I ever get around to purchase this album for a bargain price I'll make another, more "fair" review then.

I guess there lies some truth in your words. But take into consideration the amount of crap released these days, and you should follow my 'listen before you buy' mentality.

You're saying these tracks I heard are different (longer) versions of what one finds on the album. But in the end, they're not made by psycz group are they? No, they're made by you. I'm not sure what's the motive to release two different versions of the album. You're saying they're more 'DJ friendly' I say they're boring - how about not making different promo versions with long repetitive bassline segments at all, how about giving out promos of the actual release in the first place? This way 1) The potential 'listen before you buy' customers actually know what they're getting. 2) You wouldn't get "unfair" reviews such as mine.

When we made our 1st album we got complaints from DJ's because the tracks where to hard to mix cause of the classical parts, bpm changes and triplet parts in our tracks. SO we thought that this time to please DJ's we would do another version that is easy to mix. And yes these version is boring i find them boring to listening to alone aswell, BUT they serve their purpose for what they are, which is EASY and FUN to mix.

And for the potential listen before buy, we will put the album up on Youtube and Deezer in full when the time is right, we just don't think it's fair to let that out right away in respect towards those who BOUGHT it.

Btw who is talking about this being promo version except on russian trade forums? The DJ version was released on Beatport and that's where the rippers got it.