Real psychedelic movies

2kijad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone mention psychedellic movies and not mention Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? :posford:

Other than that:

Naked Lunch

most of David Lynch's movies (Lost Highway, Mullholland Drive, Twin Peaks, etc...)

probably many more but I'm drawing a blank now... will complete later ;)

oh yeah and the most psychdellic of them all is... Teletubbies!!! No, really, just try watching an episode when high, it really takes you to another level!!

i've never come across a movie that replicates a psychedelic experience well.

david lynch? maybe like a hypnotic , deleriant trip. not psychedelic imo

fear and loathing ? don't think so, even though it has some scenes of people on psychedelics and some of their perceptions. it's a linear narrative and that's not psychedelic imo

soooo if there were such a movie it'd have to be a multi dimentional, extra sensual, fully immersive experience and that hasn't happened yet imo

teletubbies are nice tho :)

i've never come across a movie that replicates a psychedelic experience well.

Tried Pi? Its crazy trippy and at times weird and strange.

Freddy Vs. Jason (Freddies world) :P

Cube: Hypercube is pretty acid, at least it felt like acid when I was on 'cid watching it ^^

I agree with Panda, though I've never watched Teletubbies before. I guess the colours are pretty intense or something.

hey, I made a thread loong time ago about which movies you had seen while triping. Wonder where it is now, it had some good posts in it.

Hellraiser I

Fo'Real? I'm gonna DL it right NOW!! :D :D

If you've seen THE HOLY MOUNTAIN by Jodorowsky, check also his EL TOPO, as psychedelic as it could get.

Also, films like PERFORMANCE, ALTERED STATES, PINK FLOYD THE WALL, THX 1138, THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH and the rest others mentioned.

...was like a bad trip for me...

I really don't want to run around and tell people what is and whats not psychedelic. But this movie isn't psychedelic, it's psychotic. Great movie though!!

I have only seen The Trip. It is bad, boring, uninspired, mediocre.

No it isn't. :)

ah, yeah, Blueberry is the best =] ;]

Now there's a boring and uninspired movie.

Really, didn't like it much.

If you've seen THE HOLY MOUNTAIN by Jodorowsky, check also his EL TOPO, as psychedelic as it could get.

Also, films like PERFORMANCE, ALTERED STATES, PINK FLOYD THE WALL, THX 1138, THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH and the rest others mentioned.

Performance and Altered States were OK, The Wall was a bit boring (and has Floyd's worst music). THX1138 was awesome, one of the most visually astonishing and stylish films I've ever seen.

Now there's a boring and uninspired movie.

Really, didn't like it much.

Nobody said that Blueberry is a great movie. I agree that the plot is mediocre.

But it's a movie about trips, shamans, ayahuasca and with some of the most stunning visual trips. So=>Psychedelic