ohohoho a new kettel album!

murphythecat

About time.. I've been waiting for too long for the second Myam James. <_<

Anyway, I hope to get it, and also, that it'll be good! :)

Edit: the website says, preorders will start soon, no samples atm..

yes, on his myspace, there like 3 songs available, and it seems that its going to look like another mydogan!

Pre-ordered my copy, as well as a couple of his others, and the Legiac album. I didn't like Through Friendly Waters that much (although I absolutely love the first track, "Pinch of Peer"), but I've heard other Kettel stuff that is absolutely stunning, so I figured it was time to catch up.

But Funckarma is better than Kettel or Scone :P

Of course some of their stuff became pretty stale after the dreamy Elaztiq Bourbon 5 re-release but their dubstep experiments (closer to Burial than the wobble wobble stuff) and the fusion of idm w/ dubstep on Vell Vagranz were surely something to notice :)

But Funckarma is better than Kettel or Scone :P

Of course some of their stuff became pretty stale after the dreamy Elaztiq Bourbon 5 re-release but their dubstep experiments (closer to Burial than the wobble wobble stuff) and the fusion of idm w/ dubstep on Vell Vagranz were surely something to notice :)

funckarma is better than kettel??????? have you listen to whisper me wishes, or through the water? if so, i cant understand you liking more fucnkarma,

funckarma is better than kettel??????? have you listen to whisper me wishes, or through the water? if so, i cant understand you liking more fucnkarma,

Yea, I've got all the albums and been listening to them from the day they were released... And again, a matter of taste :P

Yea, I've got all the albums and been listening to them from the day they were released... And again, a matter of taste :P

lol all right, but i really can not understand, for me, kettel is a perfection, funckarma is okay dont get me wrong, but not that special, whatever

lol all right, but i really can not understand, for me, kettel is a perfection, funckarma is okay dont get me wrong, but not that special, whatever

funckarma 's like pitching sound there and there, the melodies of kettel are out of this world, sorry but funckarma as no structure at all, its cool 30 sec, haaaaaaaaa whatever, but come on, melodies of kettel is the best around, funckarma is great, but over kettel? its almost ridiculous, first of all, its really hard to compare, but secound of all, only the song mydogan is better than anything that fuckarma has done, kettel with the melodies hes creating, the end of each of his song are pure beauty, its not the same quality IMO, funckarma is still trying, i could compare more of early kettel (cenny crush) to funckarma, and still then, i like more cenny crush than funckarma, but i guess taste is taste, but its funny how taste differ in electronica comparativly to movies or food , everyone loved pulp fiction and love filet mignon, lol , how come not everyone love posford and kettel?? lol

funckarma 's like pitching sound there and there, the melodies of kettel are out of this world, sorry but funckarma as no structure at all, its cool 30 sec, haaaaaaaaa whatever, but come on, melodies of kettel is the best around, funckarma is great, but over kettel? its almost ridiculous, first of all, its really hard to compare, but secound of all, only the song mydogan is better than anything that fuckarma has done, kettel with the melodies hes creating, the end of each of his song are pure beauty, its not the same quality IMO, funckarma is still trying, i could compare more of early kettel (cenny crush) to funckarma, and still then, i like more cenny crush than funckarma, but i guess taste is taste, but its funny how taste differ in electronica comparativly to movies or food , everyone loved pulp fiction and love filet mignon, lol , how come not everyone love posford and kettel?? lol

No structure? Sounds like you just don't know how to follow more abstract rhythms and it's not always about the fucking melodies. Funckarma has done their share of melodic stuff but it's always on top of the complex rhythms. And sometimes I just can't Kettel because it sounds too naive for me, but sometimes it just kicks ass. The same goes with the more complex and rhythm based idm.

I just don't get it why you become so defensive if someone says they like something more than the thing you like :unsure: Because it's always about taste. Not everyone is crazy about melodic works. Well, let's stick with Funckarma as an example here.. At first I didn't like anything of theirs but Solid State, after giving more and more listens to their other albums I begun to understand what they were trying to do with their music. To me that's always a good thing. I got really bored with at one time because I overlistened to his albums and believe me, you get those albums right from the first minute and I do love a challenge so I'll keep on trying to find something that doesn't just pop open on the first listen ;)

euhh music is melodies, music without melodies is not music, its noises and noises is not music, its noises, as long as theres a song, theres melodies

:lol: This is a pretty immature outlook on music. No offence as I know it can take a while to understand music without melodies but once you do you find that non melodic music can be the deepest, trippiest music! It is easy to make pleasant shallow music with melodies (although there is a lot of great music with melodies, I am not dissing melodies here. Love Kettel ;)) but it takes real skill to make engaging music without them and it usually takes more on part of the listener to appreciate but it is well worth it. Give it a try ;)

omg, are you 5? :lol:

I thought the same up til 15 :wank: