2009 - Shaping up to be an amazing year for psy!

Astrognomix

This is getting pretty amazing...

Solar Fields - Movements

Filteria - Daze of Our Lives

Impending albums from Twisted including a new live set with expanded tracks for Hallucinogen in Dub, a new Shpongle album, and even rumors of a new Younger Brother...

Truly epic :drama:

This is getting pretty amazing...

Solar Fields - Movements

Filteria - Daze of Our Lives

Impending albums from Twisted including a new live set with expanded tracks for Hallucinogen in Dub, a new Shpongle album, and even rumors of a new Younger Brother...

Truly epic :drama:

A new Hallucinogen in dub album is comming?? A new sphongle? AND new Younger brother?? Mr Postford must have been busy then :P

HOPEFULLY the new son kite will be out this year too :)

And don't forget to keep up with the new record label Broken Robot for those that like their psy breaks. Have just released 2 new Rex singles which are both awesome and loads more in the pipeline!!

Intriga should have album released in summer (on Ektoplazm).

He's truly one of the most talented nuskool artists, even heard a few tracks he's thinking on putting on the album and they sound excellent. The freebie on organic circuitry was a nice track too, but he can to better.

Keep your ears open...

I thought last year had some amazing albums too, one of the best years in awhile IMO. 2009 does seem to be shaping up very nicely indeed though :)

2009 is shaping up very nicely, yes. Could use a new Infected Mushroom album, though.

To demonstrate how awesome these other albums are in comparison? :P

Is this like the idea of standing next to a really ugly person to make yourself seem more attractive?

He's truly one of the most talented nuskool artists, even heard a few tracks he's thinking on putting on the album and they sound excellent. The freebie on organic circuitry was a nice track too, but he can to better.

Keep your ears open...

His tracks are magical! Looking forward to it!

Mdk

don't know why you guys are so optimistic about 2009, with the economic crisis going on I have noticed a clear slowdown in the quantity of releases and lables seem to stick only with well-proven names and remixes of already-famous tracks rather than take any chances releasing stuff that is more unconventional (and which I find more rewarding to listen to).

Out of everything I've tried, only Merrow is REALLY good.

My digestive system is much more sensitive to psy than to "ambient" if we can call it that. Buying a psytrance / goa trance album for me is a huge committment as I use a lot of time to get into it - I just got 2 off Anoebis, and it's still in my belly. Lovely taste.

Anything from Ultimae / Twisted Records are instantly evaluated and (almost always) loved from first listen.. In that respect, seeing Twisted / Liquid Sound Design are on offense, 2009 looks smashing.

Anyone know of any psy breaks coming out or even from the last year?

If you like trance Israeli full-on is heading alot more that way year after year.

GOA is getting stronger & stronger with Suntrip & Phototropic, cheers guys!

Keep your ears open...

Isn't it newschool (i.e. a new take on some old, rather then NU as in very experimental)

Anyone know of any psy breaks coming out or even from the last year?

ah, there's so many. psybreaks has been pwning lately. Check out broken robot recordings, just been launched with 2 new singles from Rex.

Also the following have released some wicked singles over the past few months:

Plastic Shell

AMB

Far Too Loud

Mesmer

Hedflux

Robosapiens

Mood Deluxe also has a new album out this year. And Slackbaba's new one should be out soon too :)

wow

reading this topic and seeing your enthusiasm, I realize that for me all this was more of a temporary thing

I dont understand how u can have such a permanent interest in goa/psy, more specifically these artists

how about exploring some other music :drama:

wow

reading this topic and seeing your enthusiasm, I realize that for me all this was more of a temporary thing

I dont understand how u can have such a permanent interest in goa/psy, more specifically these artists

how about exploring some other music :drama:

I did, but I always return to psy. I guess I was born a psyhead :)