Burial

murphythecat

And for me Burial sounds like that ;) Rather annoying and nothing special that makes me wanna listen to his stuff over and over again...

which album have you heard???????????? cause the last one, untrue, is without any doubts at least original

its annoying??? but benga is not, gimme a break! maybe you dont like it, but its annoying? my grand-mother im pretty sure woul rather listen to burial than benga!

maybe you didnt listen to burial enough, cause wow i really fuckin love burial, but yes the first time, i wasnt sure at all what to think, because of the vocals cheesyness if i can say, but past this, its a truly mature piece of music

garage sound, with the dub step sometimes unnoticeable. damn i find burial everything but annoying!

what the song shell of light, thats not good? or archangel?

but benga, everysong is like another, ahhhhhhhh whatever, taste is taste, but mines betters hahaha (kidding)

I've listened to both of Burial's albums and it just don't get any better, listened them tons of times. At home, on the bus, stoned, sober, nothing. Benga is more what real dubstep is about, if you don't like it it's fine by me because as you said too, taste is taste ;)

The first Burial album is really good. Warm & emotional.

The last album, Untrue , is not that good, but it's decent.

The vocals are gay and the music is too "klink-klonk".. Don't get what's supposed to be so good about this :lol:

Emotional side is nice but doesn't help to carry through the whole album... I'll stick to Stenchman, Bar 9, Kromestar, Eskmo, Zomby, Skream, Benga, Ill Bill Bachelor, Suspicious Stench, 501, Roommate, Joker, Plastician... ok I'm gonna stop now :D

e. The self titled is nice background music and I'll have to check this on earphones while walking utterly stoned through the city @ night someday :)

The vocals are gay and the music is too "klink-klonk".. Don't get what's supposed to be so good about this :lol:

Emotional side is nice but doesn't help to carry through the whole album... I'll stick to Stenchman, Bar 9, Kromestar, Eskmo, Zomby, Skream, Benga, Ill Bill Bachelor, Suspicious Stench, 501, Roommate, Joker, Plastician... ok I'm gonna stop now :D

e. The self titled is nice background music and I'll have to check this on earphones while walking utterly stoned through the city @ night someday :)

all this is better than burial????????? i have to go check this out, i really dont know my self with dubstep

I find both Burial albums excellent.

First one is a spacey and economic in the use of sounds. There's some clever effects such as car key sound from Vin Diesel's XXX. I find "Burial" to be dark in its mood and prefer to listen at night.

I wasn't quite sure if Burial's hype was justified before listening to the second album "Untrue". But I'm convinced now. I've heard nobody process human voice, take Simon Posford aside, like him. The tracks are much lighter than on the deput - so as a sidenote, if you haven't heard Burial before my personal suggestion is to start with "Untrue". It's easy to get into.

First one is a spacey and economic in the use of sounds. There's some clever effects such as car key sound from Vin Diesel's XXX. I find "Burial" to be dark in its mood and prefer to listen at night.

I wasn't quite sure if Burial's hype was justified before listening to the second album "Untrue". But I'm convinced now. I've heard nobody process human voice, take Simon Posford aside, like him. The tracks are much lighter than on the deput - so as a sidenote, if you haven't heard Burial before my personal suggestion is to start with "Untrue". It's easy to get into.

+100

id love to be able to express myself tthis way in english

• 2 weeks later...

Burial is weird. Weird because it manages to be so good.

I have played both his albums to death (I really have), and what strikes me is how VERY simple it is, yet the quality of his samples are crazy. He gets a lot of samples from video games too. Mainly pick up health / ammo / dropping shells sounds. His music has such a unique atmosphere to it. I love his stuff, although I wouldn't classify it is straight forward dubstep. It's something unique.

Burial is weird. Weird because it manages to be so good.

I have played both his albums to death (I really have), and what strikes me is how VERY simple it is, yet the quality of his samples are crazy. He gets a lot of samples from video games too. Mainly pick up health / ammo / dropping shells sounds. His music has such a unique atmosphere to it. I love his stuff, although I wouldn't classify it is straight forward dubstep. It's something unique.

lol, its weird, but awsome and yet simple, genius!

• 8 months later...

I think Burial´s success comes from many things, but the main one is that unlike many producers of electronic music, he praises emotion over sound quality and production talent. People can connect with the music on a deeper level than just some polished/ bad ass produced thing. Both Burial albums is classic IMO

Another thing, Burial can hardly be called dubstep, or what? The dubstep I`ve heard have just been this raw energy, bad ass novelty thing.

If I would compare Burial with anyone, it probably would be Trentemøller. They have kind of the same vibe

It's a shame that people don't like Burial. But I can understand where they're coming from.

I didn't get Burial much the very first few listens to him back awhile ago. But now it just grew on me. As for putting a box on him, I'd say he's close to Boxcutter only more mellower. You play Burial when you want to chill and not give a shit about anything.

Meh actually I've had the Burial album in my "don't like" pile for quite a while now. Listened to it again after reading this thread and still don't see what the fuss is about. Its overall just too calm and unengaging, I like my stuff with a bit more umph. But I guess that if you're the kind of guy who's into progressive than this should do (progressive dubstep? lol).

As for the "who makes better dubstep" question, well Bar 9 is my personal favorite of the moment (of course his stuff has about as much in common with Burial as full-on has with progressive, but anyway).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0QznJ2cjKg

Meh actually I've had the Burial album in my "don't like" pile for quite a while now. Listened to it again after reading this thread and still don't see what the fuss is about. Its overall just too calm and unengaging, I like my stuff with a bit more umph. But I guess that if you're the kind of guy who's into progressive than this should do (progressive dubstep? lol).

As for the "who makes better dubstep" question, well Bar 9 is my personal favorite of the moment (of course his stuff has about as much in common with Burial as full-on has with progressive, but anyway).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0QznJ2cjKg

apples and oranges