Silent Hill

psytones

genius might be pushing it a mile or two too far ^^

The movie got moments of bad acting. The movie has some terrible cheese in it. The movie has something, a touch a feel that got to me. Thats all.

8.2/10

^yeah =)

I went to Play.com to find the OST, guess what I Found lol

I've only played through Silent Hill 1 & 2. I started on the third and bought the 4. But never got around to finish them, I sold my PS with all the games :(

anybody played homecoming?

ima get that i think

looks very dark

edit: hehe silent hill fullon, they got good humour and poppy infected touch, sometimes appreciated. father connection!!!

edit2:

looks rather good, but it is a trailer then again. funny this vid has the 'find me' sample in it while the silent hill find me ep was released in 2007 and this game in 2008... ?

edit3: movee was cool for as far as it reminded of the games, but not a big fan in overall, some bad story edges. not to mention they left out incubator and incubus <_< that really killed it.

anybody played homecoming?

ima get that i think

It's not as good as the others and it takes a while to get used to the fighting since you have to actually think strategically about when to swing and when to duck etc, but it's an okay game. The bosses are awe inspiring and the last bit is truly twisted :D

It's not as good as the others and it takes a while to get used to the fighting since you have to actually think strategically about when to swing and when to duck etc, but it's an okay game. The bosses are awe inspiring and the last bit is truly twisted :D

about the ... storyline or twisted crazy amaznig graphics + gameplay experience?

about the ... storyline or twisted crazy amaznig graphics + gameplay experience?

The graphics aren't as good as they could have been, there's nothing here that you havn't seen before, but they're still good and they don't spoil the game at all. The creature design is just as good as it was under team silent, and they still writhe around in interesting ways, plus the level design is fantastic in places. The nightmarish version of silent hill is markedly different from previous incarnations and it's a nice and fresh approach.

As for storyline, it's okay. Nothing special again, but not lacking either.

All in all it is a solid game, there just isn't much to make it stand out from the crowd. If you liked the older silent hill games then it's worth checking out.

Homecoming is not like the original games. It has clunky annoying controls(u have to dodge at the right time) & it takes like 3 hrs to beat. Doesn't even take place in silent hill much but some neighbouring town. It follows the movie design/monster themes much more than the games. It's basically been americanized. No subtley & pacing. They even put in some annoying love interest bs in it. I wish I could get ahold of the original series(2,3,4) I never got to play them besides the 1st one which I still own. They re-released them all as one package when the movie came out but only in japan & europe I think. fuking lame.

I always try not to compare movies to the games theyre based on, usually there are fundamental differences, probably due to changing format from an interactive, will-directed experience to one that offers no flexibility.

So with that said I think the movie was great. It got all the creepy that I was expecting, while pulling the rug out from under us sorta, changing things that to we, who played the game years before any movie, had come to expect and even take for granted. Its not a 'cover song' but a 'remix', its got the flavor of the original but has been taken in a different (and I ought to add, non-Japanese) direction.

Though I do think it did the whole SH thing well, it did have a few *groan*wtf* moments.

Ive loved all the games Ive played, sadly though Ive not played 2 and 3 all the way through.

Origins was a little weak, taking the random aspect of shifting to the Dark World out took away a whole lot of suspense, as did the plentiful and powerful weapons. The 'Achievements' offered no incentive especially after the UFO ending, which made the game absolutely challenge-less. But I do think it was worth the time I spent playing it.

I really enjoyed 4, but again, Im not the type to try to compare different games (made by different people). Purists may say it was too different, but I say, purism is boring. I especially liked towards the end when you encounter a corridor which resembles the atria of a heart pulsing around you, and the weird shit that happened to your item box. Hauntings ftw.

BUT, to this day, despite the monochrome beasties I stand firm that my absolute favorite remains the original Silent Hill. Maybe its the memories attached to it, maybe its just a damn fine game. One of my top 3 of all time for sure.

• 2 weeks later...