Filteria - Daze Of Our Lives

Jon Cocco

Every track is amazing every track has a different story to tell one better then the other this is sheer perfection in chaos one of the best goa cd i have ever heard very ADDICTIVE music very ACIDIC music thanks a ton Jannis for such a masterpiece

Plur..... :drama: :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok in a short way. Here are my results. :)

Filtertraces (Abstract Dream Rmx) 10/10 - very dreamy, I love it, perfect beginning

The Big Blue 10/10 - One of the best tracks i've ever listen to... :posford:

Wormhole 8/10 - a little bit to chaotic

Eyeless Observatory 8.5/10

In The Heaven's Eye 8.5/10 - nice intro, cool build up

Infinite Regression 10/10 - nice melodies, fast, on the dancefloor a real killer :)

Earthrise 9/10

Float Away & Disappear 9/10

Total: 9,1/10

After having listened to this album quite some time now I have a kind of mixed bag. To me Filtertraces and Big Blue are the best psytrance tracks I've EVER heard. This beats anything, there's so much joy, power, just cheer amusement, and the feeling of traveling at hyperspeed is so amazing. It's a shame none of the other tracks appeal to me for some reason, but this album is worth buying solely for those two tracks. I just want to give Filteria all my thanks for creating two of the best psy-tracks ever made!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just for "Eyeless Observatory" I would've spent the money.

Acid thunderstorm!

I'd say the same, but for the "In The Heaven's Eye", tho all tracks are great. I also went to Helsinki to the album release party and it was really trippy + got the last CD from there:)

• 2 weeks later...

IMO the absolute best two (uptempo and downtempo respectively) electronica albums of 2009 to date are Filteria - Days of Our Lives and Solar Fields - Movements.

Superb achievements by both artists.

And Earthrise is very nice! The Pleadian+Hallucinogen influence combined with Filteria's fusion is magic, especially where it all culminates in the final act.

• 1 month later...

I just finisshed my first album and all I can say is: IT'S SUPERB

As much I like the previous 2 albums I feel this is much more mature and more well-thought... The previous 2 I thought everything was just too loud, I liked them but this is just AAAAAAAA!!!! I love it!!! I see the Hallucinogen, Pleiadians, Prana and all ther other old-school artists influence all nicely packed and!

Haven't been excited about an album like this in years!!!!

I think it's much nicer than sky input!

• 1 month later...

It's only normal in my opinion that this type of things happen; similar styles of music using the same scales will inevitably end up in some melodies also being similar, plus when a melody works in your head there's a chance you're subconsciously remember something you've heard before. In my short experience this has happened to me twice, luckily someone noticed this before it was too late so I could make amends. Not a big deal at all.

Nice review Jon once again, always a pleasure to read.

Btw.. it's the first time you give a full A to a "newschool" album isn't it? :)

Thanks you. This is the first time I have given a full A to a new school album. It's nice to see readers who follow my reviews over the years. :)

After three main albums over 5 years, this artist was determined to produce an album that according to many people throughout the world and myself, is wonderful. So he should probably take a break after this, but not quit producing. :D

Surprisingly, my favorite Suntrip Record's release to date remains RA - 9th; I just loved the down, mid, and uptempo variety on that album, though I gave 9th a lower score. Nonetheless, Daze of Our Lives is awesome, beautiful, superb.

While Sky Input has an intensity and sheer sensation unmatched, Daze of our Lives is more fluid, mature, intelligent, evolved, and varied with sounds, melodies, and atmospheres. It's enjoyable to listen to from beginning to end, far more than previous Filteria albums I feel.

• 2 months later...

Updated my review a little if anyone cares.

I should also comment that now that time has passed since the release, I don't find myself coming back to this album as often as I'd hope to. I'm not sure why that is, but when it comes to Sky Input and Heliopolis, I listen to them both weekly.

This is the album, which should be played to everybody who thinks, that trance music is the same. Sorry, but Merrow or E-Mantra could sell their music as eurotrance and there would be no difference (no offence, but please compare their melodies to melodies from ATB or Gigi d'agostino or Triesto - ehehehe do you see the difference? well, I'm not). Filteria "Daze of our lives" and the track Earthrise are for me, the fan of pure darkpsy but also hallucinogen and the early days goa albums, the best what could happen. Seriously. "Daze..." is great album, and I challenge everyman, who says, that it's not true:)))

I haven't listened to this album in a few months, but then again I haven't listened to Pleiadians I.F.O. (or most albums) in a while. I rarely like overplaying stuff, but decided to take it out again. There is a more color (refreshing elements via sounds, ideas) in this album than his previous two.

I'm not fond of the over-reaching melody segments (that appear twice) in the second half of Infinite Regression. The end of Wormhole gets a little messy (less clarified) and could have been tightened up a bit. Lastly, the Float Away and Dissapear's intro and outro seems as if part of another track; they don't correlate as well in their transitioning, and the altered voice bit is a hit & miss IMO; it sounds like someone flipping a switch up and down manipulating the voice. Float Away's middle beat-driven Goa section is excellent, but could have gone on a little longer (the substantial part is only 3 minutes roughly) with more development, considering the intro/outro uses so much of the song's duration. It really is a great song! I realize nothing is perfect too. We'll occasionally find something less "ideal" to our ears, and I mention these things simply to put constructive feedback in the open for improvements in the future.

The overall album has a fluid, smooth and delectible sound and feel, for the most part that few Goa albums reach to this degree. It's outstanding. This is, I feel the best Goatrance album of the last 5-10 years, though I realize not everyone will agree. It's far more evolved than the first two albums which I rarely listen to anymore. Jannis opened his sound up. In doing so, I find his work so much more enjoyable to to listen to. Thank you for this terrific release, Jannis/Filteria and Suntrip. :)

This is an excellent album. Finally some innovation from Filteria. I was worried that he'd produce another album of just melody after melody, but this is really maturing.... the first track in particular. One album of powerful melodies is okay, but he's done well to respond to the feedback and criticism he got.

If you're starting with filteria, I'd pick up Sky Input and this album, Heliopolis didn't give away much new in my opinion and was largely inferior to album #1.

Keep producing Jannis :)

• 5 months later...
Guest neurogen

I love this album. I think Filteria is the best goacore producer out there atm. He even surpasses Pleiadians when it comes to production value and "hit" songs.

With this album he just crossed that line. What can I say.. Wormhole for instance..

BRA JOBBAT JANNIS!!!

• 10 months later...

Earthrise and Wormhole are my favorites, for sure. But when I re-examined Eyeless Observatory upon Jon's review, oh my shit! It leaves bruises on those feet.

Yes, this is Filteria's best. By far. It's a ruthless goa ass kicking you get and won't forget.

• 1 year later...

*Filteria - Daze of Our Lives is on my list of Top 10 Goatrance Albums

1. Pleiadians - I.F.O. - A
2. Hallucinogen - Twisted - A

Filteria - Daze of Our Lives - A

Edited to ensure these are Goa albums.

• 2 weeks later...

*Filteria - Daze of Our Lives is on my list of Top 10 Goatrance Albums.

1. Pleiadians - I.F.O. - A

2. Hallucinogen - Twisted - A

3. Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger - A

4. Filteria - Daze of Our Lives A

For some reason I think of Hallucongen's 2 albums as psytrance rather than goatrance - Hallucinogen and Koxbox both sound more psy than goa to me, for that time period.. Though I understand that those years were before psytrance per se..

• 3 months later...

Gotta say I never was a huge fan despite owning all his music including digital. This album is pretty good for what he does but Suntrip has release much classier work like E-Manta, Artifact303, Mindsphere, Goasia & Afgin. Never got the fuss over his first two albums.

• 6 months later...