Sesto Sento

djsuisav

so who can suggest a good melodic full-on group/artist... cuz thats what i love... i like a lot of sesto sento's melodies because they always peak really well....

• 2 weeks later...

Primi TB is indeed a great track. The whole Bright Side album is awesome, a good variation of music. Does anyone know how The Inner Light compares?

djsuisav - Try some compilations. Trance Red Zone - Turning Point on Highwaystar Recordings would give you some good ideas, best '09 full-on comp so far.

Id say the new newest album from Logic Bomb - Sonic Algebra has some pretty decent melodic tracks so check that out maeby if you havent. Mr Peculiar strings to mind as well... For something a bit more light (read slightly cheesy :ph34r: ) Alt+Ctrl might be worth a sniff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New to Sesto... but want to check em out

Need to know where to start...sooooo

Fans --- what is the best album? (or maybe the essential albums)

Thanks everyone

PsyON

I enjoy their 2 first albums "The Inner Light" more groovy-proggy perhaps & 'The Bright side' more full on, then i stopped listening to their productions.

My first musical encounter with the band was their first track to be released : Soap Bubble" on a v/A from USTA "New Frontiers".

I advice to discover them in the order of releasing

1) Soap Bubble track released on V:A New Frontiers from USTA

2) The Inner Light album on Com.pact

3)The Bright Side album on Com.pact

Otherwise (excepting the previously quoted), my favourites Sesto's tunes are:

-Sesto Sento vs Lish - Tuna (sometimes credited Tanua) on Final Fantasy/Com.pact

-Sesto Sento vs intergalactic - Smooth on Cosmopolite/Com.pact

-Sesto Sento - Sestosentos (Star X remix) on Natural Waves of Sound/Com.pact

-Sesto Sentos - Sabastel Tunnels (Lish Remix) & Lish - Brain Rush (Ferbi Boys* remix) both on Airgate/Com.pact

*Ferbi Boys is normally just one third of Sesto sento but here according to the credits, the 3 guys were together for the remix...

Ferbi Boys project is more techno influenced.

Also "Blue Leprechauns" on eponymous compilation/Com.pact

I enjoy their 2 first albums "The Inner Light" more groovy-proggy perhaps & 'The Bright side' more full on, then i stopped listening to their productions.

My first musical encounter with the band was their first track to be released : Soap Bubble" on a v/A from USTA "New Frontiers".

I advice to discover them in the order of releasing

1) Soap Bubble track released on V:A New Frontiers from USTA

2) The Inner Light album on Com.pact

3)The Bright Side album on Com.pact

Otherwise (excepting the previously quoted), my favourites Sesto's tunes are:

-Sesto Sento vs Lish - Tuna (sometimes credited Tanua) on Final Fantasy/Com.pact

-Sesto Sento vs intergalactic - Smooth on Cosmopolite/Com.pact

-Sesto Sento - Sestosentos (Star X remix) on Natural Waves of Sound/Com.pact

-Sesto Sentos - Sabastel Tunnels (Lish Remix) & Lish - Brain Rush (Ferbi Boys* remix) both on Airgate/Com.pact

*Ferbi Boys is normally just one third of Sesto sento but here according to the credits, the 3 guys were together for the remix...

Ferbi Boys project is more techno influenced.

Also "Blue Leprechauns" on eponymous compilation/Com.pact

didnt knew that ferbi boys was guys from sesto sesto!interesting! since i appreciate more ferbi then sesto

didnt knew that ferbi boys was guys from sesto sesto!interesting! since i appreciate more ferbi then sesto

indeed Gataka is Matan Kadosh (older member) & Ferbi Boys (Aviram Saharai & Itai Spector).

assaf Spector, i guess the brother of Itai Spector made one tune on SST under "Respector", the style is similar to Ferbi Boys perhaps even more techno btw i just remind Sesto Sento released an EP on SST "The year 83" which sounds more Ferbi Boys than normal Sesto Sento, it also appears on v/A Mamon The Dark Star same as Respector's tune.