Smoking >Manga<

psytones

My recommendations:

Cowboy Bebop - the best ever period and every punctuation you want to put. Involves GOOD comedy, very good character development, great atmospheres and... the BEST SOUNDTRACK EVER. It is the only anime I actually enjoy and don't miss/skip the opening. The music in the episode Pierrot Le Fou was delightful.

Most of the episodes don't follow a specific framework, though some do, and are very interesting. Can't recommend enough.

Serial Experiment Lain - weird, slow anime. I need to rewatch it, but it was good. It was actually recommended here by Psynewsers.

Last Exile - nice adventures. Good animation overall.

My recent positive surprise - Full Metal Panic - very very good action anime, with OK comedy and nice characters depth. Season 1 is action + comedy, season 2 pure comedy and season 3 is the best pure action. Great anime to watch on sunday mornings with your breakfast!

X - very good manga and anime. Sometimes a bit repetitive, but enjoyable.

There are more, but these will suffice for now I think. They are not all trippy, but can set you in a good mood I think. And btw, I think it is better to say "anime" and not "manga" when you talk about movies. At first I thought you were talking about paper comics :P

i watched this on mushrooms, the loop thing in the movie really fucked me up.

I didn't know that the phrase "the 7 dragons of the sky will fight the 7 dragons of the earth" was so fuck-potential.

EDIT: Ghost In The Shell is cool. Try also

and Pale Cocoon

My recommendations:

Cowboy Bebop - the best ever period and every punctuation you want to put. Involves GOOD comedy, very good character development, great atmospheres and... the BEST SOUNDTRACK EVER. It is the only anime I actually enjoy and don't miss/skip the opening. The music in the episode Pierrot Le Fou was delightful.

+10 love it my all time favorite , watched so many mangas over the years dont even rember half of them , used to love naruto, ghost in the shell, samuraiX , ...

I think it is better to say "anime" and not "manga" when you talk about movies. At first I thought you were talking about paper comics :P

I'm talking about these old cartoon movies from Japan with a lot of emotions, philosophy, blood, action, sex, mystisism, trippy sounds, trippy eyes just looking at you.

you know, manga:

Posted Image

Btw. whats the name of the Japanese Anime about forest demons and stuff - Wolfs, Boars? It's fantastic, but I can never remember it's name.

I love all of these Japanese Family Anime's thats being released. But I miss more old skool manga movies.

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't mind watching over the top and fairly silly manga you could watch Fist of the North Star....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142371/

I liked that when I was 12, I watched it again when I was 25 and I still liked it then, ofcaorse it is very silly and over the top, but it's enjoyable, being stoned helps a great bit to be entertained! ;)

mononoke hime?

yess !! this one is good, eh? I digged it, watched it with Fragletrollet (he's included a lot of samples from this in his upcoming album) and it impressed me a lot!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems that most anime has the same formula, which is disappointing, but I still love a good series. My favorites so far have been:

1. Last Exile *****

2. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo *****

3. Avatar: The Last Airbender ****1/2

4. Death Note ****1/2

5. Ergo Proxy ****1/2

6. Afro Samurai ****1/2

7. Planetes ****