Kuba - How The future Sounded (Chillcode cd 10)

LLB

Kuba - How The future Sounded (Chillcode cd 10 - 2008)

Posted Image

1. Freak Controle

2. Stop That

3. Shining Rage

4. Something to say

5. How the future sounded

6. Kailash

7. Thousands of armys

8. Give it time (Indian Summer Mix)

9. But your dreams may not

10. Moksha

11. Try to forget

12. Wood is good

It's the tenth Chillcode's release, so it's somehow an event in the label history. In order to celebrate it, the German label comes back with a second Kuba's album. Quite shared on first Laurence Harvey's productions released on the label, i wasn't really concerned with How The Future Sounded. I took the opportunity of a full listen of this album and at the very first try, my mind changed.

So what's the difference?

Paradoxally, i'd answer nothing ... I have the feel Kuba chose a more direct, emotional writing without altering his capacities.

There's a come-back to the roots of the UK Psy-Chill here, the spirits of T.I.P – Mystical Experiences, the first Shpongle as same as the OTT's version are present.

...And at the same time , the music is very accessible & couldn't be more open targeted with all its influences : Indian (several T),Rock (T 3), IDM (T 7), Reggae (T 8) , Blues (T 11) just to mention few ones.

On a long travel by car for holidays for example, this album is THE ideal companion for the coolest trip possible even if you're lost in major traffic-jam under heavy heat.

• 6 months later...

Brilliant Album! Reminds me a lot of Ott and shpongle. Soooooo good. :rolleyes: Quite amazing actually!

How did this release get lost on this forum with no replies?? :unsure:

Highly recommended to check out!

Thanks Uth for bumping it and LLB of course for review ;] I gave it a try. This is really good stuff i've never heared about.

Yea it's a shame actually. This was one of the best albums of 2008 for me... I'm sure others out there have enjoyed this as much as I did. :rolleyes:

Be very interesting to hear what others think. :lol:

VERY GOOD CONCISE POINT FOR THE REVIEW: OUTSTANDING ALBUM OF 2008....funny thing, i actually listened to this during my recent roadtrip from L.A. to seattle....sublime stuff.