Dub Techno

Drosophila

Does anybody know some good dub techno?

And when I say dub techno, I mean something like the new P. Laoss - Landscapes & Machines, Falter - Taumelflug (by Martin Juhls aka krill.minima) or Deluge - Departure in Affection and New Noise (especially Aube (track 2))... I really love the minimal dubby sounds, I feel the need to expand my horizon to see what this style has to offer.

+ 1

Heard him live, he was pretty good.

I got recently some new Gabriel Le Mar stuff, his solo album Dubwize, the one he did with Pete Namlook - Namlook Le Mar and the best he did with Dr. Motte - Dr. Motte meets Gabriel Le Mar, all three from 2009. Some really nice tracks among all the three.

Thanks guys... keep em' coming ;)

It may not be the slow minimal kind of dub techno I was initially looking for, but I like what I hear! :)

I got recently some new Gabriel Le Mar stuff, his solo album Dubwize, the one he did with Pete Namlook - Namlook Le Mar and the best he did with Dr. Motte - Dr. Motte meets Gabriel Le Mar, all three from 2009. Some really nice tracks among all the three.

Especially Dr Motte & Gabriel :clapping: this is awesome! I have been looking at that Dubwize release as well, hmm, I better get around to hear this one as well ;)

A couple recommendations...

Evan Marc feat. Steve Hillage - Dreamtime Submersibles (somewhat similar to the stuff you linked on on thinner)

Lulu Rouge - Bless You (less minimal, more edgy/soundtrack-ey, but still completely brilliant)

Thanks! :)

I like the Evan Marc & Steve Hillage album, pitty I was to slow to get in a physical copy :( But the other one I don't know, but I can see they r from my own city, so I should be able to check them out :P

And Yagya is really nice too! Will I Dream During The Process? is very fitting what I was looking for (and I already own it :D) so thank you for "reminding" me of it! Have anybody heard his new album? I think I will have to order it any time soon.

found a similar question on another forum that might help you.

The question was to get some tips for ambient minimal dub.

Lulu rouge

klovn

shed

monolake

robert henke

Echospace,

Deepchord

Intrusion,

Yagya

Fluxion

Porter Ricks

Rhythm & Sound

Maurizio

Substance

Vainqueur

Pulshar

Quantec

DeepChord

Basic Channel

Intrusion

Maurizio

Fluxion

bvdub

Andy Stott

Rod Modell

Pole

Rhythm & Sound

Echospace

Quantec

Substance & Vainqueur

Scion

Atheus

Quadrant

Claro Intelecto

Murmur

Convextion

Havantepe

Porter Ricks

Marko Furstenberg

CV313

dublicator

Leftover

Liquid Level

Octex

GYS

Pan American

Sven Weisemann

Ohrwert

Pacou (not everything he does, but most stuff on Cache)

Grit

Bluetrain

Salz

Mikkel Metal

Echologist (aka Brendon Moellor aka Beat Pharmacy)

Loscil

Vladislav Delay

Sustainer

Seidemann

Wolfgang Voigt (aka GAS, as important as Basic Channel)

that should keep you searching for a while :P

wow... so many suggestions, especially you supergroover! I think there indeed will be a while before I can dig may way through that pile :D

but that Vladislav Delay stuff sounds pretty nice I must say :D found some mp3s on his website!

• 2 weeks later...

Basic Channel

Monolake

I guess I gotta back up Oopie here. By far the two most well known, important and globally loved dub techno projects.

Despite the fact I don't like this style at all, stuff like Monolake's "Hong Kong" and Maurizio's entire "M" series of releases are almost single handedly responsible for adding a completely new dimension to techno music.

Do check them out, even if it were the only dub techno you'd ever hear.

there tons and tons of what your looking for, but there tons and tons of not so exciting, only good things, but nothing mind blowing. but theres a certain from last year you dont want to miss:

Barry lynn-Balancing Lakes

Another Electronic Musician

Claro Intelecto a big one

helios

near the pârenthis a big one too

with that, you should be happy, its all a bit like what you seem to whant, but i can not say about the stuff up, half i dont know, and the other half for me is nothing exciting, but...