vibrasphere

simorq

You could try Archipelago Remixed, I liked that almost as much as the original.

Personally my favourites are Archipelago and Selected Downbeats Vol. 1 which will probably stay as their best albums for me. Exploring The Tributaries is a little too plain and repetitive for me, altho it has a few great tracks in there. Echo is alot different then their later albums, borderline mix between dark ambient and psy, or that's the feeling anyway. Lime Structure was pretty nice but I don't listen to it too often. Their latest album Lungs Of Life however is a disaster for me, they are totally drifting away into some minimal progressive sound + they keep re-relasing old tracks on new albums. It's a shame.. but I still love them for their older work.

yeah, Lungs of Life really made me think if they kinda lost it...

Why was this moved to General Psytrance? :blink:

Yeah..I thought I was being a good little forum member by posting in other electronica

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately emusic doesn't have Selected Downbeats Vol. 1.

Lime Structure is their best album in my opinion. There is good stuff on all their albums though - even on "Lungs Of Life", which isn't among their best albums, there are masterpieces like "Dewdrops" and the morning mix of "Ensueno".

So, you're saying, techno is the only other electronica?

So, you're saying, vibrasphere is psytrance?

So you're saying they should move every non-psytrance topic in the General Psytrance?

A quick look on topics who don't fit there according to you:

"Chillout" music

Your classic goa track of the day!

Atmos Interview

Ukalen ~ Atriohm and Encephalopaticys

Help with some Dark Psy....

New dub lovers

A goa album cliche

Aes Dana

Funky suomi recommendations

Suntrip Records Interview - June 2005

It's clearly not general psytrance. Hmm, maybe they should move it. :)

If you like Archipelago you need to get the Track "Thermal Twist" which was released on Ace Venturas Hom-Mega Comppilation. Totally in that style, I think its even better than any track on the album. Or get "Autumn Lights", a single released on Joof recpords, you can find both on Beatport.

As far as albums, Lime Structure is the one that comes closest to Archipelago in terms of what it sounds like.

BTW, I really like "Lungs of Life", its not bad at all, its just sounds nothing like their older stuff.

I tend to agree with a few people here. In my opinion Vibrasphre's best work was their earlier one. Echo, Lime structure (the original attention grabber for me) and archipelago, which in some respects has a few good tracks. I like their warm approach, their downbeat stuff has been a favourite forever. So while i dread new things like Dewdrops that has a great, technical & juicy intro, i can't fathom how it would climax into such a cheese fest. On the other hand, they keep me happy with sounds like "analog marinade" so it's a bit of a trade.

You can always find great stuff in every album you look at no matter if you are into the downbeat, the cheese stuff, or the more technoid tracks, which is a good mix of things considering they do all those three modes really well.

I tend to agree with a few people here. In my opinion Vibrasphre's best work was their earlier one. Echo, Lime structure (the original attention grabber for me) and archipelago, which in some respects has a few good tracks. I like their warm approach, their downbeat stuff has been a favourite forever. So while i dread new things like Dewdrops that has a great, technical & juicy intro, i can't fathom how it would climax into such a cheese fest. On the other hand, they keep me happy with sounds like "analog marinade" so it's a bit of a trade.

You can always find great stuff in every album you look at no matter if you are into the downbeat, the cheese stuff, or the more technoid tracks, which is a good mix of things considering they do all those three modes really well.

really well put RAH, but what cheese stuff? cause for me, its something i would call more like really nice emotionnal melodies, its not cheesy like talamasca, i dont get it. Its trance, and trance is not cheesy necesarraly, its just trance. And its rare to find some trance prog as melodious and not cheesy like vibrasphere, besides from ace ventura, but is it really prog trance? its more like prog.

Archipelago is as cheesy as Exploring The Tributaries, so you may like it.lol

If you like Archipelago you need to get the Track "Thermal Twist" which was released on Ace Venturas Hom-Mega Comppilation. Totally in that style, I think its even better than any track on the album. Or get "Autumn Lights", a single released on Joof recpords, you can find both on Beatport.

As far as albums, Lime Structure is the one that comes closest to Archipelago in terms of what it sounds like.

BTW, I really like "Lungs of Life", its not bad at all, its just sounds nothing like their older stuff.

Must agree, in fact its thermal twist that got me into vibrasphere