"Chillout" music

bwhale

This is really excellent. I could use more like it.

dunno

sounds so trendy :P

something in between minimal, dubstep and regular new-age/ethnoid downtempo (no tribal sounds!)

some other chill out stuff that somehow popped in my head :

(hopefully u dont bother about release-dates, or vocals)

A.I.R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wa3Q0pV0g8

Plaid

Seefeel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToTH3Q5-weU

This Morn' Omina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abHeNqF_rIo

This is really excellent. I could use more like it.

Wow that was some noodly ethnic crap right there.

Dakini do some proper ethnic stuff. Not crappy cliches but nice traditional sounds :rolleyes:

OK... Spontaneous Illumination was much better than I remembered.... Track 1 is nice for sure... will need to listen again though.

I'm listening to the suggestions, I'll let yall know what I think of them.

I guess this goes to show how people like music for different reasons. I always loved goa trance because of how all the layers interacted to build something great. Take the sounds and remove the structure, and you've got nothing IMO! I think it removes a lot (not all!) of the talent involved in making the music too, if you don't have to worry about how everything pulls together on the grand scale.

Can I thead hijack here? Looking for a cerain type of chill myself.

I dont like ambient that much, need a beat going on so more downtempo I guess?

Alot of what abasio mentioned I like, newage goa downtempo and those old Astral tracks are awesome. I like alot of the Israeli full-on albums where they finish in a downtempo/breakbeat track too. Listening to Asura Life album, its has some nice tracks. Again I prefer a beat but loving the cinematic type tracks, strings or synths etc. Dang the last track on Life2 is nice.

Could anyone help recommend from that type of explaination?

etnic crap: shpongle

what! ott is somewhat! But chronos is good!!!! what the fuck. and entheogenic too!whow, im happy to have my taste! i dont see where chronos is less crappy etnic then entheogenic. But its true than chi-ad chillout releases r pretty good. well try kettel, blackfilm, bitcrush, mood deluxe, tripswitch

Seems like a classic case of people not giving good music a chance. I mean, not liking stuff like Bluetech/Celtic Cross/Ishq, come on, thats just crazy! Even subjectivity has a point of absurdity.

+1 there's been a lot of Bluetech-bashing going on and I can't understand it for the life of me.

shpongle is polymer foam with a flavour that reaks of ethnoidicism

Your mother

+1 there's been a lot of Bluetech-bashing going on and I can't understand it for the life of me.

Your mother

I feel the same! bluetech and posford are in my top 3 of best artist of electronica, and i really can not understand it, its absurd, its like loving classical but hate mozart and beethoven!

Satumnaisuus

I know I plug this all the time, but it's some of the best "chillout" I've ever heard. It's a lot "louder" and more intense than most chill.

I agree, maybe not THE best ive hjeard, but yeah, i listen to it recently, and i freaked out, its geniously done, fuckin awsome! but hey, it looks like Kettel at least a bit, you should REALLY take a look, he did 4 amazing albums, his last four one. try whisper me wishes or through friendly waters!!!!!!

I feel the same! bluetech and posford are in my top 3 of best artist of electronica, and i really can not understand it, its absurd, its like loving classical but hate mozart and beethoven!

Who's the third?

Solar Fields -- First album is GREAT... second album not as good.

H.U.V.A. Network -- First album kind of boring, second album much better.

Essential Trip -- Remember liking some of the tracks but even though I listened 3 times I can't remember anything about it a couple days later! :unsure:

Taruna -- Maybe it had some structure but wasn't very good other than that.

Tripswitch -- Not too good but decent.

Kaya Project -- Total crap. :(

I kind of took a liking to Aes Dana - Memory Shell and Asura - Life2, even though both are still kind of empty in my mind. I realized they are really good to put me to sleep at night.

Also I just must say... I like lots of ambient music too, but there's tons more interesting stuff from the 90s than some of the more ambient chillout, and ambient music doesn't have to be floaty. For example Solar Fields - Extended, almost the whole album seems boring and cliche.

I agree, maybe not THE best ive hjeard, but yeah, i listen to it recently, and i freaked out, its geniously done, fuckin awsome! but hey, it looks like Kettel at least a bit, you should REALLY take a look, he did 4 amazing albums, his last four one. try whisper me wishes or through friendly waters!!!!!!

Yeah, Kettel is also some amazing music IMO. I've only just discovered his music in the last year or so, but once I got "Myam James" I immediately had to check out his other music, and it's all great stuff :)