Future Sound Of London vs Shpongle

Time_Trap

FSOL vs Shpongle  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more? Future Sound of London or Shpongle

• Future Sound Of London
    • Shpongle
    • Haven't heard enough of both so I can't vote.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he recommended????????????

for sure!

you can start with Klaus Schulze - Mirage

you would most probably like it if you like krautrock, postrock, classic ambient

e.

and his recent album "Klaus Schulze - Kontinuum" is also good with different styles within the album. old and new :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are unable to hear the fantastic technical and creative abilities of Si.P in "Periscopes of Consciousness" combined with "Schmaltz Herring", you sir, are a lesser person. :lol:

I tried to listen to Shpongle again, this time the Nothing Lasts album. I just can't. I had to turn it off it was so bad. :drama:

I'd like to see you do better.

For those that are interested FSOL are playing live at 2 festivals this summer: Bestival and Green Man. I caught em doing their first live set in 12 years at bloc earlier this year and it was absolutely epic (best visuals ever!!), although not quite as mindblowing as shpongle's latest live gig I have to admit.

AAAARGH!!

But... but... but... Amorphous Androgynous live hippy bullshit style or oldschool FSOL? Also: live as in them being present on stage? Unprecedented!

I must go!

AAAARGH!!

But... but... but... Amorphous Androgynous live hippy bullshit style or oldschool FSOL? Also: live as in them being present on stage? Unprecedented!

I must go!

well they play live in greece @ 23 may, but it's "live" as in "live broadcast from FSOL studio @ London "...

:rolleyes:

and theres not enough good song by FSOL to compete against shpongle. its like 10 amazing song vs 20 by shpongle

I totally disagree but we have discussed already over and over in this thread.

Anyways nice to see that even in a psyforum FSOL got more votes than Shpongle ;P

well they play live in greece @ 23 may, but it's "live" as in "live broadcast from FSOL studio @ London "...

:rolleyes:

I totally disagree but we have discussed already over and over in this thread.

Anyways nice to see that even in a psyforum FSOL got more votes than Shpongle ;P

it doesnt prove nothing, cause im sure that theyll be the same debate with hallucinogen vs huxflux

Listening to Shpongle again now and I am damn sure even FSOL would agree Shpongle are better musician than them.

bom.

I really, really, really (did I say really) do not agree.

I am not even arguing in favor or against either side, I'm just saying I don't think Shpongle are better musicians. How many instruments does Raja Ram play? And how many if you disregard the flute?

I really, really, really (did I say really) do not agree.

I am not even arguing in favor or against either side, I'm just saying I don't think Shpongle are better musicians. How many instruments does Raja Ram play? And how many if you disregard the flute?

Video is simply beautiful and all those sounds just WOW!

thanks for share

Shpongle isn't bad but.. FSOL. Cmon guys that's music of its own league.

:lol:

I admit writing my comment when I was drunk.

FSOL has of course made some brilliant stuff such as papua new guinea and their Q (santa monica mix) as mental cube is one of my personal fav'es when it comes to idm techno. And honestly I haven't heard half of their massive output so I should've kept my keyboard untouched. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

i come again to post some interesting stuff from discogs stats

(i cant really understund why everything made by Simon P is genious etc etc etc most of it is just bong biu plia tsiou tsa ,music for a specific usage and lifetime,yes he made some really good tunes in the past but i never undersund why he became so famous,as long as i dont understund the same thing about Infected Mushroom PLS MAKE A POLL INFECTED MUSHROOM vs PINK FLOYD its fair i think LOLLLL )

here we have total appearences (compilations,mixes etc etc)

Appearances

Sphongle :61

Fsol :111+163+46++11+6+2 could you found the sum pls LLOOOLLLLL

Future sound of London made their appearance SOLID at music scene in 3 years from their 1st appearence ,lets say (even the world recognise the originality of their talents from the 1st realese)

and Sphongle try to build a hype around their names 10 years now and what they succed so far ???

a appearence at Sasha's – Involver

thats it

Simon and Raja are big names at goa=psy sound

beyond that scene they are completely unknown

its a fact

i stopped to follow Shpongle's stuff after the 2nd album which in fact is the Best

in all the next they repeat the same sound, vibe etc etc etc

is there Raj playing flute???????????????? ha ha ha ha lol

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ss0peoW9bA

RESPECT

I'll go with FSOL, i do really enjoy Shpongle, but when I first heard FSOL I was completely awestruck. Lifeforms is a masterpiece, and I generally prefer their subtle and atmospheric style of organic psychedelia, Shpongle gets a bit too fiddly and self insistent, FSOL gives the feeling of effortless musical affinity. Shpongle also seem just a tad gimmicky, when I saw them live it was obviously great but went a bit overboard with the stilt dancers etc. I'd choose The Infinity Project over either any day though, Mystical Experiences is perfection, and made when Raja Ram wasn't a bit of a wanker.

haha, boards of canada belong in this poll.

Funny how taste change with years passing by; When I was younger, I was aiming for top production, twisted sounds, crazy patterns, ect. Now, I'm totally going toward the groovy, smokey vibe. so my vote goes for FSOL, but this poll isnt fair.

I'm sorted of sick of the shpongle project, much prefer the first couple projects Posford did before shpongle. Shpongle is trying to hard sometimes, doesnt make the music breath by itself enough. Still love's some shpongle sometimes, but MUCH MUCH prefer his ambient stuff. To be totally honest, I think that simon posford is probably the most talented musician. I feel he could have done so much more when he was in the 90's. He could have went in plenty of direction, but after the flock of bleeps, he lost focus or something?

I think that if we rename this poll: Posford vs FSOL, result would change...

Posford really kill fsol production wise imo. He's really the master to just make you drench into a psychedelic journey but at the same time it's his problem. FSOL don't give a damn, they dont try "a tout prix" to fuck with your head because they already do, anyways...

Gotta love that dead skin cells beat!

Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 < Are You Shpongled < Amber < Lifeforms < Signify < Mystical Experiences < Pungent Effulgent

If we're going to have a grudge match might as well go all the way. ;)