Future Sound Of London vs Shpongle

Time_Trap

FSOL vs Shpongle  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more? Future Sound of London or Shpongle

• Future Sound Of London
    • Shpongle
    • Haven't heard enough of both so I can't vote.

fast= more psychadelics

its a way to see it

like shpongle vs hallucinogen, hallu win for the more psy thats for sure, but is it really more psychadelics, its more noisy thats for sure, but more psychadelics? i would say that shpongle is almost mystically psychadelic rather then psychadelic trance, ah whatever

Not the speed, but structure diversity and transit of layers is what counts. Synchronizing harmony with the flow as an art of poetry of psychedelia.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fsol is not? who said that?me? hmmm, shpongle is the most psychadelics band I know, didnt say that fsol wasnt, its just less psychadelics imo. So yes, im wondering since its psychadelics news, how can there be that much of people who doesnt like shpongle since is so psychadelic!

I asked, no? FSOL isn't what I would call less psychedelic =)

Not the speed, but structure diversity and transit of layers is what counts. Synchronizing harmony with the flow as an art of poetry of psychedelia.

Very well put.

Comparing such to bands on psynews, obviously you know who the winner will be....

FSOL started around 1991 and they were pioneers of music completely ahead of their time. Shpongle became famous in 1998. You can't compare both given the time they hit the scene.

true fsol because they were one of my first experiences considering the concept,

sphongle because of the new concept they created and the amazing feeling as result

fsol is not? who said that?me? hmmm, shpongle is the most psychadelics band I know, didnt say that fsol wasnt, its just less psychadelics imo. So yes, im wondering since its psychadelics news, how can there be that much of people who doesnt like shpongle since is so psychadelic!

Well if something is the Most Psychedelic then it is in the number ONE spot. If you say shpongle is the most psychedelic music you have ever heard then people will automatically assume you mean everything else is NOT!

fast= more psychadelics

its a way to see it

like shpongle vs hallucinogen, hallu win for the more psy thats for sure, but is it really more psychadelics, its more noisy thats for sure, but more psychadelics? i would say that shpongle is almost mystically psychadelic rather then psychadelic trance, ah whatever

For me I usually find slower music more psychedelic :P

My thoughts pretty much ;)

FSOL on the other hand is even more horrible. I found Dead Cities in some store recently, for 5 Euro or so ... and I pre-listened it there

pre-listened aye ?

i think that's somehow the problem

u got to listen the album all through

no scrolling, no zapping

However, Shpongle has not made a shite-filled album yet. FSOL has. *coughTheIsnesscough* :posford:

I don't have The Isness - I went into a shop with the intention of buying it and ended up buying The Otherness by mistake. I actually really like it. I'd like to hear from someone who's heard both how the two albums compare.

Dumb topic. Why do I have to decide who I like more? I LOVE both. However, Shpongle has not made a shite-filled album yet. FSOL has. *coughTheIsnesscough* :posford:

The Isness is pretty good actually. Shpongle's 2 albums after AYS? were shite-filled ;P

The only bad FSOL material is not actually released under FSOL alias, but Amorphous Androgynous one.

Im sorry but the last shpongle, is really not that bad, i cant understand your opinion about this, apart some cheesy vocals, every song is so tight and psy, i think you just didnt listen to it enough, cause at first, me too i wasnt diggin it, but the more i listen, the more i understood what he did, and for me, its another masterpiece.

I really think its because you dont smoke, cause once i smoke, there no one making me feel what shpongle does, and i tried almost every band, besides for kettel, every other band does not increase my feeling. I dont know, maybe you should give more attention to every details of his music, cause honnestly, for me its a non sense to not like shpongle, anyways, taste is taste i guess

Again like its been said before its a very tricky question...

Shongle and FSOL are two masters of their sounds but they are very different in the way they see and create their music

but my vote goes for Shpongle without a doubt!!

pre-listened aye ?

i think that's somehow the problem

u got to listen the album all through

no scrolling, no zapping

maybe you're right, but I didn't like what I heard and I don't buy what I don't like

besides, if I wanted psy-chill-dustrial desolated city feeling I'd go listen to Ulver - Perdition City

psy-chill-dustrial desolated city feeling

then i dont think you have made an accurate impression of the album ;)

and btw.. if y'all are so enthousiastic bout shpongle, because you listened to it on acid,

you definitely should try this one on acid :lol:

maybe you're right, but I didn't like what I heard and I don't buy what I don't like

besides, if I wanted psy-chill-dustrial desolated city feeling I'd go listen to Ulver - Perdition City

The total irony here is that perdition city has reference's to FSOL's dead cities, and ulver were influenced by it, it's sort of like a tribute album or sth :D

plus it goes beyond psy-chill-dustrial, it's Ambient,IDM/Experimental/Electronic/Undefined ... imo

Future Sound of London. Not that I like 'm THAT much overall, but some stuff is awesome.

Shpongle was mostly short excitement for me. I was also relatively new to electronic music then. I got over it.

And The Day Turned To Night is still great though. I view that track as their legacy to electronic music, worthy of a modest place in the hall of fame.