Future Sound Of London vs Shpongle

Time_Trap

FSOL vs Shpongle  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more? Future Sound of London or Shpongle

• Future Sound Of London
    • Shpongle
    • Haven't heard enough of both so I can't vote.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how bout secret option no. 3: neither? ;)

Personally, as much as I respect both groups for their efforts, I must say that neither recieves my 100% aproval rating, simply because there are too many duds among their releases...

That certainly goes for Shpongle (i only found the first album good) but not so much for FSOL. Especially their albums Lifeforms and Dead Cities have no fillers, it's top notch material, each & every second of the albums.

well FSOL is just music. may be very very very good music!!

but Shpongle is something quite different, its beyond music. Its life:space:death and everything of the rest.

With Shpongle its music format that they have used to present the stuff that are quite unexplainable.

ps. and that is FSOL including FSOL+Amorphous Androgynous.

but Shpongle is something quite different, its beyond music. Its life:space:death and everything of the rest.

With Shpongle its music format that they have used to present the stuff that are quite unexplainable.

come on man. Just because you when you took acid Shpongle was playing it goes beyond music?

FSOL because the have more great tracks and no annoying vocals.

Why is it half the time I see people say annoying vocals for a lot of stuff around here...?

come on man. Just because you when you took acid Shpongle was playing it goes beyond music?

I've never taken drugs but I sorta agree with him. Not fully though.

Edit: It seems to be tied right now... for a pointless poll.

well, I don't really know...

I kinda like some Shpongle stuff off AYS, but most of it is too whacked off for me. I don't like the stupid samba vibe in the later ones ... and they sound like they are obliged to sound crazy and not naturally, don't know if you get what I mean.

FSOL on the other hand is even more horrible. I found Dead Cities in some store recently, for 5 Euro or so ... and I pre-listened it there since I got excited because there's much talking about FSOL on this forum here ... but I got utterly disappointed, this was no chill or anything, this was sorta screeching electronic cramped madness to me, kinda. I hated it. I mean, if I want somewhat this type of stuff I'd rather go for some straight edge FLA industrial, but never for this strange "postindustrial psy-chill", sorta. I left the CD there, I'm not giving a bread and butter for this.

But I'm somewhat startled why people talk so good about FSOL here. What I heard was awful. I mean, taste is taste, but what would you guys say? Is there an album from them that I would like more?

Still, as of now, concerning the subject ... overall I don't like both :unsure:

If I found any of their CDs (of any of the two) for 5 Euros, the only one I'd buy would be AYS. So I guess that means I still prefer Shpongle over FSOL. Don't really feel I like them enough to vote though...

RTP: you should give a try to the 2 Lifeforms albums as well as Cascade, they're much better than anything else FSOL has done imo. I also hated Dead Cities for the same reasons.

well, I don't really know...

I kinda like some Shpongle stuff off AYS, but most of it is too whacked off for me. I don't like the stupid samba vibe in the later ones ... and they sound like they are obliged to sound crazy and not naturally, don't know if you get what I mean.

FSOL on the other hand is even more horrible. I found Dead Cities in some store recently, for 5 Euro or so ... and I pre-listened it there since I got excited because there's much talking about FSOL on this forum here ... but I got utterly disappointed, this was no chill or anything, this was sorta screeching electronic cramped madness to me, kinda. I hated it. I mean, if I want somewhat this type of stuff I'd rather go for some straight edge FLA industrial, but never for this strange "postindustrial psy-chill", sorta. I left the CD there, I'm not giving a bread and butter for this.

But I'm somewhat startled why people talk so good about FSOL here. What I heard was awful. I mean, taste is taste, but what would you guys say? Is there an album from them that I would like more?

postindustrial psy-chill? :unsure::blink:

Anyways, check LIFEFORMS double cd, it's mostly on the ambient side.

I was thinking 'quite fucking true' ! :P

QFT :)

Never really understood the hype about FSOL. They made some great stuff but some weak stuff too IMO. Terrible side projects too :(

The strangest thing is.. I remember the nickname "bwhale" from somewhere else, although I can't remember where.

I never liked FSOL, and I love being heavily intoxicated while listening to Shpongle, sober or not, so I'd have to vote for them.

RTP: you should give a try to the 2 Lifeforms albums as well as Cascade, they're much better than anything else FSOL has done imo. I also hated Dead Cities for the same reasons.

hey, thanks for that suggestion, I will check 'em...

fsol is not? who said that?me? hmmm, shpongle is the most psychadelics band I know, didnt say that fsol wasnt, its just less psychadelics imo. So yes, im wondering since its psychadelics news, how can there be that much of people who doesnt like shpongle since is so psychadelic!

So yes, im wondering since its psychadelics news, how can there be that much of people who doesnt like shpongle since is so psychadelic!

What's psychedelic is evidently pretty subjective. For example, I find high-BPM darkpsy like Kindzadza or The Nommos way more psychedelic than the likes of Shpongle or FSOL, but I know most people here would disagree.

fast= more psychadelics

its a way to see it

like shpongle vs hallucinogen, hallu win for the more psy thats for sure, but is it really more psychadelics, its more noisy thats for sure, but more psychadelics? i would say that shpongle is almost mystically psychadelic rather then psychadelic trance, ah whatever