Future Sound Of London vs Shpongle

Time_Trap

FSOL vs Shpongle  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more? Future Sound of London or Shpongle

• Future Sound Of London
    • Shpongle
    • Haven't heard enough of both so I can't vote.

So ? :rolleyes:

One might argue that the genres are different, but then again, every musical project is different from another and in the end we are merely talking about electronic 'downtempo' music with ambient elements in both cases.

My vote goes to FSOL without much thought.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing such to bands on psynews, obviously you know who the winner will be....

FSOL started around 1991 and they were pioneers of music completely ahead of their time. Shpongle became famous in 1998. You can't compare both given the time they hit the scene.

Comparing such to bands on psynews, obviously you know who the winner will be....

FSOL started around 1991 and they were pioneers of music completely ahead of their time. Shpongle became famous in 1998. You can't compare both given the time they hit the scene.

Exactly. Comparing them to the ozrics or orbital would make sense :)

As far as pure objectivity and the poll is concerned, music wise, fsol has a discography that other groups cannot hold a candle to ;)

definitely FSOL for me

the landscape u get while hearing their album Dead Cities for example

is far more of a trip than shpongle imo (which i find dull uninspiring music)

As far as pure objectivity and the poll is concerned, music wise, fsol has a discography that other groups cannot hold a candle to ;)

QFT !

FSOL have crossed all styles of electronic music. Shpongle only psybient/dub/downtempo fused with world elements occasionally.

I can't vote in this poll, sorry, 2 totally different bands in a totally different period + FSOL's discography weighs a 100 tons.

I may be biased towards Shpongle since I haven't heard enough of FSOL to really vote objectively in this poll. <_<

I have heard enough of FSOL and I have to quote "FSOL isn't bad but.. Shpongle. Cmon guys that's music of its own league. "

Ah, the twat has arrived. How many flaming sock puppets are you going to create on this forum?

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/180330

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/183630

Grow up.

Héhé, the weird thing is he rated all Posford releases 5/5 on his Discogs account :D

I personally vote FSOL because I don't really like the Dub vibe that is very dominant in Shpongle, and the singings are not well made to my taste. Though I do enjoy Are You Shpongled? every now and then.

Not easy, but I think I'm going to have to go with FSOL. But that's probably largely because I associate them more with my formative years listening to electronic music.

how bout secret option no. 3: neither? ;)

Personally, as much as I respect both groups for their efforts, I must say that neither recieves my 100% aproval rating, simply because there are too many duds among their releases...

Shpongle is mostly crap music, so I vote FSOL by default.

Stop sucking Simon Posford's dick because he made 1 good track in 1994.

If you're going to troll here, at least put some effort into it.

= Quote Fucking That?

Or "Quoting For Truth"