V/A.-ORGANIC VISION Vol.1 (Moonquest Records)

shinobi

Yes, so.. whats with this one and when will it be available not just to the chosen ones? I think this approach isnt doing any favour to the whole goa revival scene. This is basically already a collectors item, and what will happen from this is that few people will cash alot of money from it and music wont be cherished and appreciated by as many and as much as it should be. <_<

They had their reasoning and explained themselves already. So stop complaining.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=929838

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because too many people, goa fans, really wanted the CD, because some of them even wanted to pay up to 60$ for it, we decided to bring it to them with the help of Psyshop.com and the other online shops.

Enjoy ! :):):)

About time you bunch of lazy geezers :P

Thanks, was really looking forward to this compilation, will order asap :)

I'm surprised, as I was told this was only some unofficial cd, so I bought the CDR version.

I will have to buy the real cd version now if I don't want the cd to be unreadable in a few years.

I'll have bought the cd twice in the end. Not so nice.

I'm surprised, as I was told this was only some unofficial cd, so I bought the CDR version.

I will have to buy the real cd version now if I don't want the cd to be unreadable in a few years.

I'll have bought the cd twice in the end. Not so nice.

Actually it's the real cd that you probably bought, there was not any unofficial cd, so no need to buy another ;) About being unreadable in a few years , that's not really true, I got CD-rs from 1990 and before and still in perfect shape, so don't worry so much. All the best! :)

What's the story? I am starting to feel foolish for paying top dollar for the original limited release.

Top dollar for limited release? What do u mean man? It was limited release, but as u probably saw, people "got crazy" and "blamed" the label for having a limited release, so now u can find it on psyshop. That's all I know.:)

I would like to stress that this compil is awesome and deserves wider distribution.

But I would like to know if the compilation sold on psyshop and others is ALSO CD-R's or real pressed CD's.

If it's CD-R's, there is indeed no meaning in paying for a non-numbered supposedly limited release. I'm just trying to figure that out.

Please the label respond.

Im also curious to know, haven't bought it yet, but my guess is that it's a properly pressed CD selling on psyshop. Take Phototropic records: only the CD's have been sold by psyshop.

Anyone bought it from psyshop?

I would like to stress that this compil is awesome and deserves wider distribution.

+1

would be great to see it get released as genuine CD

not really fond of the cd-r format for original releases

Im also curious to know, haven't bought it yet, but my guess is that it's a properly pressed CD selling on psyshop. Take Phototropic records: only the CD's have been sold by psyshop.

Anyone bought it from psyshop?

I bought it from Psyshop and to be honest i´m not sure if it´s a CDR or a "real CD"...

The booklet is made of another kind of paper than other CD´s I have bought and the jewelcase looks kind of different. It does´nt look like a CDR though. Mysterious...

I bought it from Psyshop and to be honest i´m not sure if it´s a CDR or a "real CD"...

The booklet is made of another kind of paper than other CD´s I have bought and the jewelcase looks kind of different. It does´nt look like a CDR though. Mysterious...

Mine is the CD-R version. The CD print clearly looks inkjet printed and the cd surface itself is a little green (like a cd-r, right). Does you look more professional?

I've seen some CD-R of a special type that have a silver look with a much more proper quality and it's very hard to tell if it's a real one or not. Example: the Amithaba Buddha album. It diesn't look like but it's a CD-R.

Now to be sure, just look at the silver face of the CD, around the central transparent part. With a real CD there should be a set of numbers or letters giving the name of the factory or the name of the distributor. If there aren't, then it's a CD-R.

Now when I look closer it sure looks a little bit green on the "mirror-side"...

There´s printed "RFD8OM-78019-80" backwards where I think you described. Same on yours?..

Damn good music, but not the best way to handle the start-up of a new label...

Ok I have the same. This is a CDR you have.

The label owner hadn't answered my question, so I knew the answer already anyway.

I'm not trying to despise the release. Pressing cds is expensive especially as the cd market is collapsing.

I was just trying to know if it's worth for me to buy the release on psyshop iven the fact I already have the limited CDR.

Now when I look closer it sure looks a little bit green on the "mirror-side"...

There´s printed "RFD8OM-78019-80" backwards where I think you described. Same on yours?..

Damn good music, but not the best way to handle the start-up of a new label...

Who said it's not a CDr? Yes my friends, the first release it's on a Cdr. And it lasts for up to 100 years or more.. :) The truth is that I have very old Cdrs and they r still ok and I have a very new compilation from a known label that I don't want to mention which started to play badly and with errors and it's on a CD. Very important is also the type of CD that the information is recorded, maybe more than the way it is recorded. But anyway, we never said it's on CD and in fact to be on CDr!;)

Who said it's not a CDr? Yes my friends, the first release it's on a Cdr. And it lasts for up to 100 years or more.. :) The truth is that I have very old Cdrs and they r still ok and I have a very new compilation from a known label that I don't want to mention which started to play badly and with errors and it's on a CD. Very important is also the type of CD that the information is recorded, maybe more than the way it is recorded. But anyway, we never said it's on CD and in fact to be on CDr!;)

Well, you didn't say anything. I asked 5 days ago if this cd sold on psyshop was a cd or a cdr. Had it been a real cd i'd have bought it on top of the limited edition I have. We had no answer, so we had to figure it out by ourselves.

Keep cool, anyways I am NOT criticizing the fact it's on a cdr. What counts for me is the music. But I repeat, if it had been a cdr on psyshop, I'd have bought it because I know I can still play it in 30 years.

Now about how long cdr can be read, it's highly variable depending on the type of the cd, how it was burnt, and the usage you make of it. I still have my first ever 1x burnt cdr from 1995 or 1996 and it plays. I have noname cdrs burnt last year at 52x, and I'm sure they won't play anymore next year. This is a long debate. I know the cds you burnt this compilation on, I burnt the RA promos on the exact same ones, and I'm sure they will last long enough.

I don't mind high-quality "CDr" media either. There is a world of difference between burning something at home and having it professionally duplicated (as opposed to replicated via traditional glass master process). The only thing that miffed me was the €15 charge for a release that might now be available in the shops... but no matter, it's just a delivery vehicle, and as Mars says, it's a very nice release.