Effects Chain Stories...

This is the place to discuss your expiriences with effect chains in your vst host.

Tell us your tips, tricks, and stories of what works since there are infinite configurations.

Example, I was playing around with a channel with Audio Damages' Fuzz plus first, followed by a flange and then a short delay.

I'd provide a picure, but I'm not on my laptop.

Sometimes setting up some fx before you choose a sound(preset) can give you some interesting sounds.

For example: I sometimes take the DAW setting for my bass (distortion, compression and some eq, and pattern) and then change the soundsource to make a padlike sound. This can give you some sounds that I would have otherwise never gotten.

Chain Effects can do some crazy stuff, but it's even better when you have some control over them. I like Abelton's way of handing chain presets, so I can just load everything with a click of a button. Which is unlike many other hosts that never had this kind of feature (WAKE UP CAKEWALK!). But I also like FL Studio's XY controller. Link a couple of those up with some parameters of various effects in the chain, and you can make some crazy sounds and transitions.

Edit: Also, it should be possible to rewire ableton and FL and use XY controller with ableton's interface. But I haven't tried that yet.

Sometimes setting up some fx before you choose a sound(preset) can give you some interesting sounds.

For example: I sometimes take the DAW setting for my bass (distortion, compression and some eq, and pattern) and then change the soundsource to make a padlike sound. This can give you some sounds that I would have otherwise never gotten.

I've found expirimentation is just plain a good idea. :)

I have been doing the above with my little phatty, surf through presets with an effect chain all set up.

You can also take a white noise source and pile on effects to get cool stuff.