Psy Show Etiquette

joytron

So i am going to my first psy show/campout out in the middle of nowhere in California this weekend and was wondering about etiquette and the like. Anything i should know, im sure mainly its just common sense but i just wanted to be aware, and make sure the experience is the best it can possibly be.

thanks for the heads up

jess

I don't know if this is standard etiquette, but...

...whatever you do, don't whistle in time to the music. Some people used to do that at the regular psytrance night we had here, annoyed the absolute shit out of me.

you can do (take some) drugs previously. but seriously no cocaine, amphetamine, opiates and alcohol.

tabacco is okay ... but creates a bad mood.

a drug related psy party etiquette for experienced users: only psychedelic drugs ... no speed!crystal!nworse! IMO ;)

Which one, jess? If its Stimula you'll get to hear me play some goa :) and its the most ellaborate of the many 3-day season starters going on this weekend.

Etiquette... this can be fun, you need not know anything other than don't be shy to dance, no one cares no one is looking you up and down, its not about that its about bonding with the music and the experience of trance. I'm sure everything will hit you suddenly and instantly with a ray of light a sudden moment on the dancefloor when it will all make sense. Just know that everyone is out there to have a special experience with eachother, so don't be afraid to create your own and thus take part in it. Anyone will talk to you, shyness should not exist. Meet some people who will become your friends at future parties.

I did forget something, there is one rule: clean up your trash. If you're going out in the desert the only way its possibl we can do this is if no trace is left, depending on who you party with we usually leave places cleaner than we found them. This menas if you smoke cigarettes put your butts back in your pack and if you have a call of nature, burry it, and just clean up your shit..the california scene is almost entirely out in nature so we can't afford to trash the environment or permits are taken away (or for unpermitted parties, the location gets busted, many very special locations have been lost in this way)

bring more than plenty of water

Personaly, knowing the cali scene very well I'll advise you to avoid the full-on mob if possible, they are too drunk and coked out all the time and just their vibe isn't so much about trance as it used to be...but then this is the full-on crowd in general i think. The psy prog / breaks / minimal techno scene is REALLY psychedelic out here, especially in those all nighters in the deserts.

Have fun this weekend!

Oh, and no glowsticks :) ever.

yeah its going to be at stimula im so excited, talked the gf and a close friend of mine to come too so i cant wait. Good call on the water, made sure to get extras in case anyone else needs some. Really glad to finally hear some good psy in a live setting. And pictures of course.

Aeros you will need to PM me some info on more shows you have coming up, what time and day are you gonna be on at stimula, dont want to miss it

Aeros you will need to PM me some info on more shows you have coming up, what time and day are you gonna be on at stimula, dont want to miss it

Aerosis DJ set 7pm to 9pm saturday evening, I've got the sunset slot :)

you all forgot:

earplugs :)

seriously, put something in your ear ... I always drill my own ones out of handkerchief stripes, I find it pays off for me, they don't dampen too much, yet the sound is still a bit less biting in the ears and I have no tinnitus experiences anymore the days afterwards ^_^

have fun!

you all forgot:

earplugs :)

seriously, put something in your ear ... I always drill my own ones out of handkerchief stripes, I find it pays off for me, they don't dampen too much, yet the sound is still a bit less biting in the ears and I have no tinnitus experiences anymore the days afterwards ^_^

have fun!

Even better is to buy foam ear-plugs... paper ones tend to hurt the ear over long durations of time (imo). And get the cylindrical ones, not the cones, they suck!

Even better is to buy foam ear-plugs... paper ones tend to hurt the ear over long durations of time (imo). And get the cylindrical ones, not the cones, they suck!

yeah, the foam ones are good too, but they can provide too much dampening on occasions...

that's why I prefer the handkerchief ones (if you use good soft paper ones they won't hurt ... only cheap toilet paper hurts in my experience) ... you can practically adjust them for yourself individually for each party ... use more paper if it's louder, use less and roll it not that tightly if it's not so loud...

the cylindrical ones? i never liked those. i always use the cones. with those you can choose how far and tightly you put them in and regulate the volume that way. i also find the softer texture of the cones much better. softer and far less scratchy. but maybe we have different brands of each...

I'm surprised people have completely missed out on a few important items:

- Flowers and trees: Resist temptation to hug the bark-dudes too early in the show, it makes them queazy and it makes you look desperate. With the flowers on the other hand, you can flirt and talk to during the sunrise, this even encouraged depending on what geographic location you are at.

- The Gnomes: simple, don't fuck with them... if they harass you for food and drink, oblige and you might be rewarded later. Stay away from close knit-groups, they tend to get violent at times. Some of them can be cool though, and they carry a few interesting 'party items' for sale, you can barter food in exchange sometimes.

- Fairies: When they say "dance like nobody is watching" it does not mean you can close your eyes and wave your arms around like are bruce lee... accidents happen that way. Especially with our winged friends fluttering around, most probably just as intoxicated as you are... Except they are flying, so you can imagine how difficult that must be. If they accidentally crash against you, be kind offer them water and don't take advantage of them because of their size, they travel in groups. They are really docile though and friendly, so strike up a friendship if you can... they know where the good parties are at.

- Pink Elephants: If you do get the opportunity to catch a rare glance glimpse of this majestic beast, take heed and slow down a bit. Don't stare directly at the eyes and just watch from a distance in awe and respect.

The rest you'll learn as you go along...

:lol:

I'm fine with the fairies but what about the pixies? They are almost the same except that they will instantly become your best friend, only to leave you moments later for their "other best friend" and then "another best friend". Mischevious and tricksy, before long they are in a pile making out. They are perfectly safe, except for the perfectly mixed feelings they will leave you with :lol: