D&B anyone?

Malevol3nt

well, i had been into dnb in 96 or so, been listening to omni trio, photek and the likes. then got addicted to trance, after that with detroit techno.

last year i got into a dnb-party where they mainly played neurofunk and that totally got me. i'm no professional in that, but take a listen to "Black Sun Empire" or "Concord Dawn". and take a listen to late desimals music http://www.grahammarch.com/ . arcanna and afterlife! there is some pretty good netlabel stuff that you can find on archive.org - labels are stretching-spaces and mastik.

sorry, don't know any good internet-radios - never been interested in that. but maybe you check out the free stuff mentioned here and tell us if you like that. there are quite some different styles in drum and bass, be it more relaxed atmospheric, dark and technoid or hard and ravey stuff. in the end it is much like in the scene of "trance" where you find different styles. for example i like the neurofunk stuff that is more technoid and trancey whereas a friend of mine does not like that at all and listens to the more jazzy and soul-inspired atmospheric dnb. it's all a matter of taste.

sorry, don't know any good internet-radios - never been interested in that. but maybe you check out the free stuff mentioned here and tell us if you like that. there are quite some different styles in drum and bass, be it more relaxed atmospheric, dark and technoid or hard and ravey stuff. in the end it is much like in the scene of "trance" where you find different styles. for example i like the neurofunk stuff that is more technoid and trancey whereas a friend of mine does not like that at all and listens to the more jazzy and soul-inspired atmospheric dnb. it's all a matter of taste.

Please recommend some! I"m looking for Neurofunk/Techstep-ish crazy DnB but its hard to find the exact stuff I'm looking for.

I've found a few really good DnB tracks I like from the exploring I've done till now...

Albums/EPs

Dieselboy - The Dungeon Masters Guide

Dieselboy - The Human Resource

VA - Smash Planet Earth

Tracks

Black Sun Empire - Arrakis

Black Sun Empire - Breach

Counterstrike - Maniac

Counterstrike - Draco

Dieselboy - Subculture (Upbeats Remix) - MY favourite track...madness!!

Dieselboy - Xanadu (Stratus Remix) - i like the way this one starts

Evol Intent - Era of Diversion

Evol Intent - The Awkward Rhythms of Dance

The Militia - You and I know - very smooth with great sub-bass

ok this is a stab in the dark but some 10 years ago I was briefly into the D&B scene and I remember they played a track that had a nice trancy arpegio in it, it sounded like some sort of crossblend between trance and d&b. It was quite a hit at the time but I never knew the name... does it ring a bell to anyone?

ok this is a stab in the dark but some 10 years ago I was briefly into the D&B scene and I remember they played a track that had a nice trancy arpegio in it, it sounded like some sort of crossblend between trance and d&b. It was quite a hit at the time but I never knew the name... does it ring a bell to anyone?

one big hit was "sanctuary" by omni trio which might fit to your description. that track is from 97.

Please recommend some! I"m looking for Neurofunk/Techstep-ish crazy DnB but its hard to find the exact stuff I'm looking for.

I've found a few really good DnB tracks I like from the exploring I've done till now...

you know what: that's a direction of current dnb that i was not even talking about ;-) i'm sorry, can't really help you. but the search-path you've taken seems to be good. i always take discogs as a starting-point and then skip through the labels my favourite artists released on.

favourite labels of mine are obessions, citrus, camino blue, black sun empire, fokuz - but i fear they don't offer what you look for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't know what style you like, but I'm more into soulful/uplifting and whatnot drum & bass so here's a list, straight out of my head..:

Labels:

720 Degrees

Advanced

Allsorts

Dispatch

Fokuz

Hospital Records, of course..

Spearhead Records

Spin

Technique

Artists:

Atlantic Connection

Blame (full on d&b, has some bad tracks though)

Camo

Donnie Dubson

High Contrast still does it

Lenzman

Logistics, don't like his last album though

And definitely worth mentioning: Eat Phunk!, one of the best albums of last year.

Happy hunting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_iLF4iYmHs

• 1 month later...

I was a big fan of Ed Rush album "Torque" - mind-bending stuff. This abum is actually very trippy and reminds me a little bit of Kindzadza sound put on millions of microscopic broken drum patches.

• 2 weeks later...