Filteria - Daze of Our Lives

Guest antic

Why am I so skeptical right now? Filteria is the artist that made me see goa with all it's glory and intensity. It's insane how many amounts of chills I got from Sky Input, heliopolis and Birds Lingva Franca.

I'm sure it'll be quality goa, not denying that, but I guess I had, *sigh* once again, too high expectations. Or maybe there's something more to these tracks than this?

Faak I'm rambling on about this again.. excuse me..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minute extracts will be uploaded on our site within a few days.

I promise this is closer to Birds Lingva Franca than you think.

Release date is April 17th.

About the cover, it was 100% Jannis choice to do it this way... he would go far to have exactly THIS cover :)

We will put samples within next 2 weeks on the Suntrip site :)

haha, I remember that space guy from somewhere ;)

music sounds less chaotic: I guess i'll like this CD much more than his previous onces :)

Really? Well that's comforting to hear to say the least.

I guess it's just now wait and see, huh.

Wormhole sounds glorious. This sounds just as melodic as his previous outings, neither less nor more chaotic, I'd say. Looking forward to this very much. Cover is very dodgy though, not particularly "inspiring" (though I'm glad it wasn't another fractal one, beautiful though they are).

Guest D N H

the cover is so enigmatic and in a way dark although wrongly at the first sight i prefered it without the astronaut balloondoll.

ofcourse i am not even going to hear any samples of it, which may give a wrong figure (and since stated it is following or respecting the tradition), just wait...

btw does anyone knows which filteria's track is this?

if its not a new one then a very quite alternate remix for sure.

is it in this upcoming album?

the samples in fact reminded me a lot of birds lingva franca, which is imo by far the best filteria track. i wasn't too excited about sky input or helipolis, but this one is going to be great. i can't wait!

btw does anyone knows which filteria's track is this?

if its not a new one then a very quite alternate remix for sure.

is it in this upcoming album?

It's a beta version of "The Big Blue" that will be on the new album as track nr.2, yes !

aaaa....sounds boring. this filteria fellow is just full of cheese imho. although its obvious that i have not heard this new album...it sure seems to be disappointing. i had really high hopes for this release, hoping that it would have more of what his previous releases lacked...that element of suspense which forces you to feel that this thing you are listening to is larger than life, it kinda intimidates you...the old Pleiadians had it, Hallucinogen had it and Khetzal has it as well...and how can I forget RA!!!. listening to these samples just lowered the bar a little...sounds like the old stuff...random music that is supported by state of the art technology...it just lacks heart!

his best tune by far, imho, is Tiny Universe.

oh well guess we'll just have to wait and listen

Sky Input is ANYTHING but random. It's actually way less random than his later works.

Guest D N H

"state of the art technology"...well...with a 100% analog studio, that's..

that's...the spirit!

imo the live track (the big blue / beta v.? any difference?) is an exemplar of goa magick and best compositions until now stars, rotate to vibrate and perhaps back to earth.

maybe few tracks made to sound too loud such as the lunar civilization rmx -which i dont like so much- or very few moments/more easy melodies not so psychedelic... in any case it would be quite interesting to see filteria's talent into a darker approach.

Hello all.

I hope you will like the album. I think this album is by far my best and most complete work to date.

As for the cover: I really really like it, and wanted something different than the "old fractals".

Take care / Jannis

Who made the cover anyhoo? I'm interested.

And the post on the first page - I don't mean it's a bad cover, just saying a fractal would have fit with the previous one's so well. This one already grew on me though.

Sky Input is ANYTHING but random. It's actually way less random than his later works.

Agree! Or well, let's say those melodies really stuck in your head after a few times of listening. The second album was great too but seemed to go for less concrete and catchy tunes. I like the cover of the third album and although the music sounds a bit less sexy (lol) & energetic than his previous works, I guess I'll buy it without hesitation!

Guest D N H

imo fractal covers may look gook but lack in personality and concept i think.

and maybe that was a difficulty in concentrating -staying- in the music of filteria; conceptualizing filteria'a audio creations.

I like the cover. Change is necessary to evolve anyway. :P

So when can we expect the longer samples of every track? :D It's been almost three years since the last album. Those tiny samples on the previous page indicate that this is more like his newer, more colorful, and psychedelic style a la Birds Lingva Franca and beyond. I can't wait. :)

Update:

OMG. Samples! Everyone go here. I'm like a materialistic teeny bopper in a shopping mall, ecstatic, haha. Kiddin! ;)Filtertraces and Eyeless Observatory sound AMAZING. And these are only fractions of two tracks of 8. :rolleyes:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=102382771