The Wrestler anyone?

Lemmiwinks

So he was the one who made the Fountain! .. The Wrestler is nothing like either The Fountain or Pi/Requiem. It’s just a solid charming feel-good/sad film about a Wrestler who is washed out with a daughter who hates him and a stripper who likes him as a friend. No magic in filming or effects. Just a good ol’ plain movie that I am sure you’ll enjoy. It has this solid quality feel to it. I was expecting something Bigger, so I was a tad disappointed. But the movie is good for what it is, no doubt.

And you get to see a lot of Marisa Tomei’s breats, which is AWSOSOME: Not only is she a very talented actress, she’s smoking hot. Always has been and always will be. She will be one of those who with time will qualify to become a G-MILF (GrandMother I’d Like to Fuck) :lol::rolleyes:

And besides, if you like the acting of Mickey Rourke and think he brings a cool to the screen, it’s not to be missed.

Need I remind you the coolness of The Cook in Spun? B)

Btw. The Aronovsky is making a RoboCop movie :huh: Holy fuck, this could be interesting. I had a RoboCop on high marathon not many months ago, and I noticed a red thread of good humor throughout the trilogy, and actually managed to appreciate it. .. And has anyone seen the Below movie by Aronovsky?

Also a massive aronofsky fan, love all his flicks. Went to see the wrestler the other day and it definately lives up to his other films. Mickey Rourke is absolutely fantastic, best performance I've seen all year. Would definately recommend that you catch this flick before it goes off the screen!

• 4 weeks later...

I was bored to death, expecting ANYTHING to happen all the time, but got put down by ultimate realism and no sympathy for the main character at all. Huge let down from Aronofsky even though he said himself he wanted to make a small film. I don't fkkn care for sad life of distorted american empty headed aging wrestler. Ugh ! :blink:

• 1 month later...