La Mila - Search Your Dream (Naturall Productions)

psytones

Posted Image

La Mila - Search Your Dream (Naturall Productions) 2009 (N4A002)

01. Pyrocluster 6:36

02. Twisted Moon 6:36

03. Cosmic Revelation 6:39

04. Upperfloating Fantasy 7:11

05. Skills & Scales 6:57

06. Liquid Medium 6:30

07. Dreamflight 6:59

08. Search Your Dream 9:10

09. Charolastra 6:51

10. El Ritmo 8:16

La Mila received beautiful gifts of melodies, sound and instrumental powers through their dreams. They have defiantly searched their lucid state to find the beauty of magic and mysticism. La Mila is a lovely new musical project by the Belgian based human hosts, Wouter Nottebaert and Tom Moons. These two sound scientists seem to have a wide understanding of electronic dance music, as Wouter has a SAE sound-engineering degree from Brussels and is reported to be the main man behind the magnificent melodies played throughout the whole journey; and Tom steps in with his talent and respected expertise within the psytrance scene as DJ Jharu where he played for about 10 years on the world’s biggest Psytrance Festivals. These guys got the experience combined to make your vivid dreams become lucid, there is no question about it!

In their debut -Search Your Dream- you are thrown into a delightful paradise of complex melodies running along with beautiful sounds and some of the more impressive instrumental usage I have heard lately, ranging from native instruments like bamboo sticks-like sounds, piano, bongo drum, flutes and a didgeridoo play by Federico Petrei in track 4, to a heavy electric guitar solo by Frank Arras in rack number 5. All this is topped with some of the better voice samples and synthesizer work I’ve heard in this sort of funky full-on dance music. The different chorus samples throughout the album are truly impressive! It’s all sugarcoated in dripping sunshine to give one the hope and smile we all deserve for a united energy. The instrumental usage together with blissful melodies inside these dreams are key elements for me to recommend this to all of you with glowing hearts out there, searching for a fresh Full-On psychedelic adventure with soul, pleasure and truth. If you like it pumping and driving, charming and cool, moaning and smiling and easy listening, this album has the touches you crave. Fear it can be too cheesy? I would say it can border the cheese fall, but in all honesty, this is the kind of cheese we all need in our life sometimes to feel a happy vibe, its delightful and you won’t put on weight, on the contrary, it will make you lose some pounds because it will make you move, dance and wave your arms and feet like the carnival of lemon sunshine dreams where upon you. The eye-catching lime fresh album art is creatively thought out by Griet Van Den Bosch and the album is released on Naturall Productions, where one of the musicians, Mr. Moons is the label manager. This also happens to be the labels debut release.

Recommendation: If you’re after an emotional delightful full-on psytrance album that will make you’re dancing feet move in green grass with bare feet without a care in the world, this is for you! If you’re looking for a heavy dose psychedelic trance album with extreme mind bending abilities or the more astral travel through the galactic universe, you might want to listen before you buy. This album is utterly beautiful in all its representative areas of earth and dream, peace and love. My only complaint would be that as the album progresses and moves in emotional landscapes, it seems to drop a little bit in variation and creativity because the album has a style that will not survive the hands of time, this album is the present (a gift), not the never fading future or a place where time does not exist. Something important to remember about this debut album is its ability to move freely in all directions, its versatile power. This is melodic Full-On to the bone and it's defiantly best played during the daytime when the sun is high up on the blue sky!

Out of 10 glittering stars, I would give this album a solid 7.

Where to buy and other links:

Naturall Productions: http://www.naturallproductions.com/

La Mila: http://www.myspace.com/lamila023

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/nap/nap1cd002.html

Saikosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...artist_id=11302

Beatspace: http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=4752

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/psytonesmusic

Isratrance.com: http://www.isratrance.com/cd-reviews/la-mi...dream-d975.html

- psytones (psytones@gmail.com)

you can find a hint to the title in there Posted Image

wOot wOot ?? I've watched the clip many times now and I honestly have no idea of what your talig abOot.

First of all the clip is so dark I hardly can see anything. What I do see is that your playing track number 8 ..

Is it a Fraktophon mix of the titletrack on this album (08 - Search Your Dream) - Doesn't sound like it.

Is it that I love dreams and I try to search them and my ,,lucky" number is 8 because long time ago

I figured that on most albums track number 8 is usally the best track?

..Or maybe it has something to do with the text '16 Alchemi' on your player with a dot blinking over the 'e'?

Or maybe it is something on the Dj-Screen that I can't see, OR MAYBE it is the full action moving your camera all over?

Is this the big hint of the title? :rolleyes::lol:

no dude theres letters behind that number and if i can read em, you can read em, try 0:18 in the video and then pause Posted Image

ive been listening some stuff from this album and pyrocluster, cosmic revelation and others aren't the typical fluffiness i was expecting

Posted Image

It's a nice review, the info you give is quite clear (not 100% though). You speak about "dancing with bare feet on the blissful melodies", then you say the music is at the cheese border. Is it like ... morning trance? When is the best time (in your opinion) to be play the music from La Mila - Search Your Dream, or listened to?

Hi Monipoff, thank for the relevant questions. The music is defiantly on the cheese border imho, but it all sounds well done and isn't fattening, or nauseating, if you get my view. This is melodic Full-On to the bone and it's defiantly best played during the daytime when the sun is high up on the blue sky!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic full-on dance album... something that reached out to me even though I am not a huge fan of the full-on. Lovely melodies and very well produced. For what it offers (that is, nothing entirely groundbreaking, but still very much footstomping), I would easily give this album 8.5/10, reaching for 9.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Monipoff, thank for the relevant questions. The music is defiantly on the cheese border imho, but it all sounds well done and isn't fattening, or nauseating, if you get my view. This is melodic Full-On to the bone and it's defiantly best played during the daytime when the sun is high up on the blue sky!

:)

On the contrary, track 4, Upperfloating Fantasy, would take me to a ridiculously higher level if I were to hear it right at midnight.... The vocal samples in this song and way the throat singing is looped as well as the call and response between the two vocal types.... ooohhhhhh myyyyyyy ggggaaawwwwwddddddd.........

Also... the name of the album is Search Your Dream... though I love hearing this album while driving around, I think it would almost be too much for the morning... this is for deep within the journey and tribal footstompin... very tribal :)

First listen to the album I thought "maaan this REALLY sounds like Lani"... turns out there's a reason for this: Tom Moons aka DJ Jharu is involved in both projects. So if you like the Lani-type melodies then this is one for you. Personally I love melodies in my music but find these too sugar-coated to be likeable.

But ok, dismissing this as a Lani clone would be a bit too fast, there are also some hints of (old) Infected Mushroom like in Liquid Medium, some Nitzhonot in Dreamflight and even some (Dorset Perception-like) Shpongle in El Ritmo ;)

Now I'm not saying that it's all bad, I quite like Twisted Moons which is the clear stand-out here IMO and El Ritmo is pretty enjoyable as well. I also rekon that some tracks could be nicely used in a morning set. But overall this album is average at best... 6/10

• 2 weeks later...

this arrived recently, and i've been enjoying it quite a bit. it's not mindblowing, but i really enjoy the happy, melodic vibe

i would compare it to say the latest Tikal album; well produced, dancey and with interesting ethnic influenced melodies and samples

there's definitely some rippers on here

• 1 year later...