Tormentuous Dreams

I frequently have dreams where I start playing the keyboard or something else musically related, and I instantly strike on a melody that is just staggering in its power and beauty, everything clicks together better than everything I've ever heard, soon I'm hearing a fucking AMAZING song... I get so excited that I wake up, and before I can run across the room, it's gone. :drama:

I first started having dreams with music after all-night raves.

I am never playing an instrument, just listening/creating a constantly changing sound in my head.

It is a rare occation that I can remember it for more than an instant after my eyes open.

I have used one or two little bits of melody in my music, never very much though. <_<

Yeah, it's amazing to dream melodies that seem to be out of this world! Too bad it's hard to remember them after a few minutes passed waking up and for me it's impossible as of now to write them down even if I were to remember them. But at least the good feeling they gave you still is intact!! To have dreams where you create music, take psychedelic substance, it really is some of the most extraordinary dreams you can have imo. It wasn't more than 4 years ago I actually managed to make music in my head for the first time trying to sleep while laying in bed. And it' not many months since I for the first time managed to make steady beats and baselines with the trebles music sounds, it's still evolving.. Only thing missing is putting it down on actual sound. Maybe that will come to me one day as well..

Btw. What does 'Tormentuous' mean? Is it something about not being able to see?

Tormentuous = torturous.

torturous = extremely painful

i had a dream where i threw this really young kid on a rusty fence :( fuck me

Which indeed sounds like a extremly painful dream. Poor Stryder :(

Yeah, as in frustrating, etc.

:) At least you dreaM music, not everyone does that. And the more you focus on it, the more you think about the dream when you wake up, the more crystal clear it will get through time and practice. When you get the hang of it you can just jump out of bed and rush to the computer / pen & paper and write down your musical dreams! Happy hunting!!