Psynews BEST OF 2008: The Results

mars

And travbrad01 gets "The Psynewser of the Year" award :) Thanks!

yeah indeed, thank you so much travbrad! awesome statistics! this is really cool B)

Yea Ra definitly deserve 1st place on the list :)

Congrats to Suntrip for big sucess this years.I saw the results from 2005 till now they are every year on the 1st place just only in 2007 they are second that confirm that Suntirp is no.1 goa label in the world till now

• 4 weeks later...

well, i don't know if your post is serious or you're making fun, but either way Kuba's new album wasn't even in my top 10 :rolleyes: i was actually really excited when it was released but...

i was just thinking globally about Chillcode , so not especially for 2008, that's why i wasn't really connected with the results of the poll about Chillcode.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I wanted to say I'm taking profit of my sickness leave to work on a more automated system (as promised) for this year's best of. No more excel spreadsheet, how sweet :)

I'm soon finished, and will invite you for beta testing before the eve.

Indeed. May I suggest allowing people to vote for a top 10 instead of a top 5 this year? There weren't that many voters last year, and giving people more votes would lead to more statistically meaningful results (also it's been a good year).

Indeed. May I suggest allowing people to vote for a top 10 instead of a top 5 this year? There weren't that many voters last year, and giving people more votes would lead to more statistically meaningful results (also it's been a good year).

I second that.

I made something not very flexible, based on previous years, but fortunately for you there is such an option I could configure.

So that will be 10 choices :)

How many people listen to 100 new albums every year, both up and downtempo? :huh:

Not many I expect, but I don't doubt that many people here have listened to samples of over 100 new albums on Saikosounds and elsewhere this year, which is a pretty reliable way of dismissing some of the 90%. Presumably the poll will also allow users to abstain from voting for 10 albums in each category if they haven't heard 10 albums which they think deserve a place, as in previous years.

As I imported all this year's releases in my test database I can tell you more or less 750 releases were out this year, taking up and downtempo into account.

That's much more than I thought, but 10 votes will at least allow people to vote for the 1% they prefer.

Also I wanna make it clear that people will be able to vote for up to 10 releases. If they want to limit to 3 or 5, fine by me.

Ok I'm finished...almost. I'm testing all I coded now.

I'll run a small betatesting soon. It's lookin good for a launch in the next days, probably this week end.

There are. I took ALL releases, CD or Web.

I just saw this: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/57876-top-10-albums-of-the-00s/

And it makes me think we should definitely organize a best-of for the last 10 years on top of the 2009 best-of.

It's a lot more work for me to find and put in the database all the releases for 10 years (don't ask how I4ll do that), so we won't be able to vote right away, but I could launch it during January. Does that soound like a good idea?

There are. I took ALL releases, CD or Web.

I just saw this: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/57876-top-10-albums-of-the-00s/

And it makes me think we should definitely organize a best-of for the last 10 years on top of the 2009 best-of.

It's a lot more work for me to find and put in the database all the releases for 10 years (don't ask how I4ll do that), so we won't be able to vote right away, but I could launch it during January. Does that soound like a good idea?

Yes, it sounds like a good idea. Go for it.