Artists who disappeared

Insejn

Lots of questions and few answers unfortunately :/

Where is 3 Point Turn and Yumade?

i've got awful news for you dear Insejn...

concerning Yumade, indeed there was 2 french guys inside, one of them was Dj Péa (Pierre Busson), today he's making music under the name Yuksek, he even got a mainstream dancefloor hit under this project : Tonight in a lame copycat of ...Daft Punk <_<

=>http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/yuksek/video/x7t098_yuksek-tonight_music

Furthermore in interviews he totally denied his past trance connexions & productions, even going to piss on the psytrance scene :huh:

Sometimes success, money, change peole :rolleyes:

Concerning 3 point turn, French guys too (i think they've got dom-tom origins, i mean our exotic french islands or territories such as Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyane for example) are still in music productions but more focused on professionnal purposes with their studios like creating jingles for TV you see or proposing mastering services.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandman still makes music, but more full on I think...

Also, Man With No Name will play in Belgium in a few months... But I'm not sure if he will bring any music, or he just wants to earn alot of money with old tracks :D

About Elysium... I've read it too on isratrance, 2 years ago some Belgian organisations were almost begging him to play, and he said he didn't want any more goa trance in his life, so I was surprised... Lets hope for the best

Indeed now Elysium (Kris Thinning) works under Wombat Music his chill project & concentrates his work only on it, he released an album on Chilltribe.

i've got awful news for you dear Insejn...

concerning Yumade, indeed there was 2 french guys inside, one of them was Dj Péa (Pierre Busson), today he's making music under the name Yuksek, he even got a mainstream dancefloor hit under this project : Tonight in a lame copycat of ...Daft Punk <_<

=>http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/yuksek/video/x7t098_yuksek-tonight_music

Furthermore in interviews he totally denied his past trance connexions & productions, even going to piss on the psytrance scene :huh:

Sometimes success, money, change peole :rolleyes:

Concerning 3 point turn, French guys too (i think they've got dom-tom origins, i mean our exotic french islands or territories such as Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyane for example) are still in music productions but more focused on professionnal purposes with their studios like creating jingles for TV you see or proposing mastering services.

Auch! That sucks dude.

My turn :clapping: , what happened to:

- Noma, Swedish morning pro artist with a deep emotional touch

- P-Woland, Swedish not sure for him, who made an tribal prog anthem with Slap My! on Digital Structures, an album was scheduled there also but never came out of the pipe...

OffTopic:

ok ok my turn. Where is Skazi? :lol: man, this hashish is super !!1 :posford:

That is not off topic :)

What happend with Skazi? Not that I miss him or something but still...

Skazi & Insejn sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G !! :P

That is not off topic :)

What happend with Skazi? Not that I miss him or something but still...

Actually, I wrote Waldo but edited it, ands since the OffTopic was so nicely written, I didn't have the heart to delete it.

Heard the news?

B-Bass was hit by a truck,

luckely it wasn't a killargh one..

.. But it was a Hit'n'Run

:lol:

Skazi & Insejn sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G !! :P

Actually, I wrote Waldo but edited it, ands since the OffTopic was so nicely written, I didn't have the heart to delete it.

Heard the news?

B-Bass was hit by a truck,

luckely it wasn't a killargh one..

.. But it was a Hit'n'Run

:lol:

Haha :D

Pretty funny comments on isratrance :)

So, I just dug up the good old Shakatura album from 2001. And I'm wondering what happend to this guy. I know he released a very few compilation tracks but nothing since 2007 it seems. His album is pure gold. Anyone got any info about him?

i'd like to know what happened to him too, because his releases were great!

How about Process - is he still making psytrance?

Dennis Tapper of Hux Flux is currently making a chill album with the guy from Ibojima under the project name Illuminus - you can find samples and info for that on the Illuminus myspace page...

• 1 month later...

There are rumours in the Uk that club night Return to the source is set to start up again, and it got me wondering does anyone know what Chris Decker (Medicine drum) is up to nowadays ?

According to discogs he's been involved in the Earthdance charity event from 1997 to 2007 as Executive producer => http://www.discogs.com/artist/Chris+Deckker?anv=Chris+Decker

Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom :(

According to their website, their last year of activity (i mean news) in this musical business was summer 2004 => M.o.s

I'm missing Darshan. I wonder what they would throw right now if remained duo (Grant Collins still can be found involved into various projects, but that's barely even perceptible).

http://www.discogs.com/Hopi-Friends-The-An...release/1803359

Posted Image

1 Hopi And Earthling (2) Offline Providings (7:32)

2 Hopi And Dickster Mission (7:55)

3 Hopi And Darshan Minimal Animal (7:06)

Looks like a joke (in plain sense) to me.

According to their website, their last year of activity (i mean news) in this musical business was summer 2004 => M.o.s

for the german version it was even May 2005...

but still, nothing after that.

dead? :(

Btw i've got a question maybe off topic but a bit linked after all, i mean lots of artists have disappeared from the scene as we can check with this topic. By extension it also means several labels closed too ...

There's 2-3 years, when i was still following closely the scene i remember people (head label, artists) claiming the sells were drastic collapsing , announcing figures such as 500 copies as nearly a norm for small labels, over 1000 upto 2000 if good selling & exceptionally one or 2 big names (you know what i mean) 5000.

Ok now it's summer 2009, 2-3 years, i'm quite surprised by the so many releases to come out by the birth of so numerous labels in new counties nevertheless, i've the feel that sells are still lower...

So clearly, was wondering if for example today, the standard norm of a good psytrance or chill label sells has achieved the low level of 500 copies (not only the little but nearly all labels indeed)?

If you have some infos, figures, they're welcome :)

Btw i've got a question maybe off topic but a bit linked after all, i mean lots of artists have disappeared from the scene as we can check with this topic. By extension it also means several labels closed too ...

There's 2-3 years, when i was still following closely the scene i remember people (head label, artists) claiming the sells were drastic collapsing , announcing figures such as 500 copies as nearly a norm for small labels, over 1000 upto 2000 if good selling & exceptionally one or 2 big names (you know what i mean) 5000.

Ok now it's summer 2009, 2-3 years, i'm quite surprised by the so many releases to come out by the birth of so numerous labels in new counties nevertheless, i've the feel that sells are still lower...

So clearly, was wondering if for example today, the standard norm of a good psytrance or chill label sells has achieved the low level of 500 copies (not only the little but nearly all labels indeed)?

If you have some infos, figures, they're welcome :)

You should've started a new thread about this maybe, cheers for the info about Chris Decker.

• 7 months later...

Interesting thread, unfortunately most of the artists simply stopped back then because they didn't get much attention, bookings or respect at all... For some the situation is different of course...

Sandman for example still makes music, and plays live shows (even as witchcraft) but simply doesn't release much (I heard his new music is pure full on)

Martin Freeland will play this summer on Aurora Festival, but I talked with Seb Taylor a few weeks ago about him, and he said he is simply busy with other things, he wanted to make a new album, but it never happened...

For me one of the biggest mysteries is Amanite FX

I had contact with them, we were almost going to release something new of them, and then... At once, they were dissapeared, the emailaddres didn't work anymore and the website was gone...

Same, where is Asia 2001? and where is Toi Doi!?

i managed to find Amanite FX , had a word with him, hopefully we can find a way to get some old tracks out of this forgotten project too ^_^

Toi Doi found as well... Gilbert is mysteriously disappeared for real.

Old site is http://amanite.techno.free.fr/, with google I find these brothers on http://www.loeilduson.com/flash/main.php, it looks like a recent site ! You can contact them with their new adress ! Another e-mail adress here : http://oeilduson.free.fr/ !

this makes me think the "new" produced tracks that Joske heard could have been maybe from some other producers because it is many years amanite fx doesn't do music and he was alone composing, not a duo

so let's revive this topic, any other forgotten projects to investigate ;)?

Not a band but a guy in a few of them......

What about Mark Allen?? He was part of many good projects in the late 90s apart from his marvellous djing......

Mark Allen DJd in Greece recently (2009) but that's all I know.

Grant Collins (Darshan) has a new project with James Munroe, called 4Digital Audio. It's an online record label. He's not making any psy as such these days (although he did one with Hopi as you saw) but as far as I know he is concentrating on the Excession and 4D acts.