Artists who disappeared

Insejn

So, I just dug up the good old Shakatura album from 2001. And I'm wondering what happend to this guy. I know he released a very few compilation tracks but nothing since 2007 it seems. His album is pure gold. Anyone got any info about him?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since the guy released a track on the 'Max.Chillroom' compilation in 2007, I wouldnt say he's one of the artists who disappeared.

He's still around doing his thing, playing some gigs and enjoying life, I guess. Give him a few more years before you go reporting him 'missing'.

Nice trivial thread though :) Got no missing in action artists on ma head atm. .. e. 2 sec. I think I got a some missing stuff..

I miss the guys in Yamabikaya. I know one of them at least are still making music, he's producing some Electro-House stuff, what are the rest doing?

hum, with some search I found this page with a track on a VA from 2006.. http://torrents.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1565675 Not sure about the facts surrounding this one. And this is a link to the House project thing: http://www.myspace.com/sidebtokyo SOUNDS COOOOL!!!

And what aboot Shiva Jorg, whats he up to these days? What the duck happend to his project of remixing the Shiva Shidapou material with other artists?

Well since the guy released a track on the 'Max.Chillroom' compilation in 2007, I wouldnt say he's one of the artists who disappeared.

He's still around doing his thing, playing some gigs and enjoying life, I guess. Give him a few more years before you go reporting him 'missing'.

Well, the original Baldalicous Turp was released in 2005. The mix released on Max.Chillroom can be just as old. I hope he just pulls an "Abakus", reappearing with a new album out of the blue :)

Does anyone know what Martin Freeland is up to? There were a few threads allready opened, but it seems like this guy is nowhere to be found.. or at least we don't know what he's upto.

Go look outside your window.

Interesting thread, unfortunately most of the artists simply stopped back then because they didn't get much attention, bookings or respect at all... For some the situation is different of course...

Sandman for example still makes music, and plays live shows (even as witchcraft) but simply doesn't release much (I heard his new music is pure full on)

Martin Freeland will play this summer on Aurora Festival, but I talked with Seb Taylor a few weeks ago about him, and he said he is simply busy with other things, he wanted to make a new album, but it never happened...

For me one of the biggest mysteries is Amanite FX

I had contact with them, we were almost going to release something new of them, and then... At once, they were dissapeared, the emailaddres didn't work anymore and the website was gone...

Same, where is Asia 2001? and where is Toi Doi!?

Same, where is Asia 2001?

Florian Sériot mixed lumin's album ketri

Gilbert Thévenet had a track on an Avatar Spirit compilation a couple years ago.

I think a lot of the artists simply started making music that we don't listen to that much so don't delve into who it is. This has always been a genre with a million aliases so it can be hard to follow what people are doing.

Gilbert Thévenet had a track on an Avatar Spirit compilation a couple years ago.

Interesting, we are trying to track him down for a set (he did one 5 years ago for me) but since then, nobody knows where he is, even Avichay of Avatar doesn't know anymore...

And yes indeed, many simply started to make other music, or no music... They get children and start to live a "normal" live :D

Grant has produced progressive trance as Excession. He released one track on Iboga.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Grant+Collins

www.excessionmusic.com (his but no site yet)

He's also doing stuff as Skein: www.myspace.com/skeinmusic + http://www.skeinmusic.com/, and runs the online music label 4Digital with James Monro: www.myspace.com/4digitalaudio

Moksha?

moksha is no more as one of the band members (Thorn Hoedh) unfortunately passed away in 2003.

on this band i have to say that the productions are really mysterious, and many albums are totally missing, like these that i know of but never found anywhere:

DLS - Planet Arrakis (Ambient Homage to Frank Herbert’s Dune) TPL 010 TP

MOKShA - Settings 1992-94 (Electro Trance Edition) TPL 018 TP

DELYSID (DLS) - Purity Ov Substance (Ambient Live) TPL 019 TP

Spiritual TRANCE + Psychick RHYTHMS (2nd Karma Compilation) TPL 025 TP

DLS presents SUB/NAVIGATION (Ambient Live Illumination) TPL 023 TP

HOSTIA/MOKShA - Morphik Labyrinth (Ambient Musique) TPL 024 TP

THORN HOEDh - ALRAUNE (23 Neurolyrickal Essays) TPL 032 PB

MOKShA - In Lak’ech (Neuro Psycho Chemickal - Promotional Edition) TPL 036 MCD

DLS - Deus Lux Solis (Ambient Musique Project) TPL 037 CD

does anyone know how to get ahold of Paul Hostia ? i'd really be willing to have a word with him.

to joske:

about toi doi i hunted everywhere, i even think i found his brother but no answers regarding Gilles anywhere i looked, i am damn interested in releasing his old unreleaseds but seems like an impossible deed.

same story for Gilbert (asia 2001) nobody knows where he is and great mystery regarding amanite fx too..

as for me i wonder where are :

Christos Tatitzikidis & Kostas Alekoglou (Magus members) i know chris is now igneous suria and kostas is phacelift but they are not reachable since some years.. i was speaking with kostas back in 2005 but that's all. .. oh well seems that kostas is back now that i looked around: http://www.phacelift.co.uk/ :) with some updates in 2008, so he is not lost anymore.. but the website was outdated for a long time.. i guess i'd leave the info here so somebody may look the site as well.

i wonder where Marcello Bonifacii aka aeternum is finished as well :)

alphanaut disappeared as well, even if i know one of the two is making house music now (murray antill), and is sad they stopped making psy as they had an album ready back then.

many more will come to mind...

nice topic in any case :)

alphanaut disappeared as well, even if i know one of the two is making house music now (murray antill), and is sad they stopped making psy as they had an album ready back then.

Alphanaut rocked! Now they produce House? *sigh*